• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Started up again, (properly this time)

Peasnall

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ive just started taking up weights again and want to do it properly (i am 16), i have a set of dumbells and have been looking at the following exercises to improve my biceps, (size and strenth)

Alternate Hammer Curl
Cross Body Hammer Curl
Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Dumbbell Bicep Curl
Incline Inner Biceps Curl

Could somebody put in brackets next to the exercise 1) what sort of weight i should be lifting (im 16 dont forget) 2) how many reps i should be doing and 3) how much rest time should i have between each set.

Peasnall said:
Ive just started taking up weights again and want to do it properly (i am 16), i have a set of dumbells and have been looking at the following exercises to improve my biceps, (size and strenth)

Alternate Hammer Curl
Cross Body Hammer Curl
Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Dumbbell Bicep Curl
Incline Inner Biceps Curl

Could somebody put in brackets next to the exercise 1) what sort of weight i should be lifting (im 16 dont forget) 2) how many reps i should be doing and 3) how much rest time should i have between each set.

well..i hope you arent just planning on working out your biceps...i hope u plan on working ur whole body.. theres different styles of training out there..do ur dumbbells have interchangeable weights? pretty much u want to focus on using correct form which means learning how to directly stimulate the muscle instead of bringing other body parts/movements into the exercise... use whatever weight u can do for 8-10 reps with good form yet still be hard.... do 2-3 exercises per bodypart and use 2-3 sets each and warm up a set or two before u start

kraziplaya said:
well..i hope you arent just planning on working out your biceps...i hope u plan on working ur whole body.. theres different styles of training out there..do ur dumbbells have interchangeable weights? pretty much u want to focus on using correct form which means learning how to directly stimulate the muscle instead of bringing other body parts/movements into the exercise... use whatever weight u can do for 8-10 reps with good form yet still be hard.... do 2-3 exercises per bodypart and use 2-3 sets each and warm up a set or two before u start
Well i hope to work on my:

Biceps
Chest
Abs
Forearms

My legs are pretty big as they are.

Yeah my dumbells have interchangable weights.

so i should lift as much weight as i can for 8-10 reps and do this 2-3 times with breaks in between.

Trust me... you don't want to do that. You want to work everythng... you ESPECIALLY don't wanna leave out your back if you are going to do chest.

I am going to guess that you probably haven't used the search function at all for this or any other site to find information on weight training, particularly things about over training and the importance of a full body workout. Your legs are big as the they because they are your damned legs, they should not be the size of your arms, you need to work them out, as well as the rest of your body.

Quite a few people here can provide you with links that are great, also check out the journals section. For starters though, read up and look up everything you can stand to read at exrx.net, please, for the love of god, check out some more info before you are training.

Tough Old Man said:
Go back to reading playboy mags and jerking off. Your workout is a disgrace to all bodybuilders involved!
that was pretty uncalled for, especially from someone as vulnerable as you. Anyone could say, why didnt you lose weight the hard way Tough Old Man? Why lipo? Because you were so dam lazy? because you didnt have the will power? because you were too dam FAT!?

Of course, that may not be the case, but show a new guy respect, because just like you, thats what he deserves.

drew.haynes said:
Trust me... you don't want to do that. You want to work everythng... you ESPECIALLY don't wanna leave out your back if you are going to do chest.

yes! workout everything! do not neglect anything... i dont want to be a hypocrit but i dont work my calves... they are too big already

Tough Old Man said:
Go back to reading playboy mags and jerking off. Your workout is a disgrace to all bodybuilders involved!
thanks i really needed that

IML Gear Cream!
the program is teribly unbalanced and you will see very little gains with this. Unbalanced programs not only lead to disapointing gains but can also lead to injury. train your whole body so that muscles are balanced and allow for proper joint functioning otherwise you'll be sorry.

P-funk said:
the program is teribly unbalanced and you will see very little gains with this. Unbalanced programs not only lead to disapointing gains but can also lead to injury. train your whole body so that muscles are balanced and allow for proper joint functioning otherwise you'll be sorry.
ive read through shit loads of stuff but still un sure, and the only equipment i have is dumbells

Peasnall said:
ive read through shit loads of stuff but still un sure, and the only equipment i have is dumbells

you can still balance a program with DBs. It doesn't have to be just biceps. You may want to think about joining a gym at some point as you will quickly out grow those DBs.

some ideas of exercises you could do:

legs
DB squats
DB SLDL
DB lunges
DB split squat
DB step up (onto a bench or chair)

chest
push ups
push ups with hands on DBs to increase ROM
push ups with feet on chair or bench
DB floor presses

back/traps
bilateral DB rows
single arm DB rows
DB shrugs
DB upright rows
bent over DB reverse flyes

shoulders
overhead DB press
arnold press
lateral raises
front raises
one arm DB press

biceps
I think you got that covered ;)

triceps
overhead tricep ext.
DB kick back
CG push up

total body
DB squat and press (see exercise of the month this month ;) )
DB lunge to curl any press
any of the above exercises with one hand only
push ups with hands on DB to one arm DB row (alternating hands each rep)

you can even buy a physio-ball and do some banch press on that, ab work, seated work, prone work, core work, etc...

get creative. :)

Back