• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Healthy Liquids

OMNIFEX

OBSESSED WITH DEFINITION
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Quick question. :hmmm:

If I drink only water, and, regular milk (I'm not lactose intollerant) will that
be the healthest way to go in terms of liquid?

I figured I can get vitmain C from Oranges, and, Lemon when having tea
in the mornings.

OMNIFEX said:
Quick question. :hmmm:

If I drink only water, and, regular milk (I'm not lactose intollerant) will that
be the healthest way to go in terms of liquid?

I figured I can get vitmain C from Oranges, and, Lemon when having tea
in the mornings.
Water is certainly the best thing to drink. Skim milk is fine too (as long as you include it in your calorie total).

But if you get sick of water some other good liquids also include things such as green tea (packed full of anti-oxidants, also slightly thermogenic) and herbal teas (caffine free source of tasty water).

Thanks Emma-Leigh :thumb:

The reason I'm steering moreover towards whole milk opposed skim milk
is more calorie intake.

I'm a huge fan of herbal teas, so, I guess I'm on the right track.

Thanks again :)

hey emma, can you drink too much green tea? I go through like a gallon every 2 days or so.

thajeepster said:
hey emma, can you drink too much green tea? I go through like a gallon every 2 days or so.
Not really - not unless you are drinking a lot!

Green tea still has caffine in it, so you have to be careful of the diuretic effect as it will not only cause dehydration but it can also deplete your potassium levels (hypokalaemia)... It is also really high in flavanoids and these can stop iron absorption in your gut too - which means you may become iron deficient after long term/constant tea drinking...

Ummm... but other than that - drink up! :)

Idk what all cities have Braums... but we have one here.. and I drink A TON of their skim milk and 1% milk... more protein in their milk than elsewhere... my assumption was that other brands, in removing fat from their milk... maybe they start with a gallon, have less than a gallon after fat removal, then top it off with water causing the watery taste of most skim milk... just a guess. But Braums milk... 1Cu Skim is 120cals 0gF 18gC 12gP (as opposed to the usual 8g Protein).. 1Cu 1% from them is 130cals 2.5gF 15gC 10gP.

I wondered how much milk contributes to water intake... cuz I obviously don't drink as much plain water when i'm drinking milk all the time.

drew.haynes said:
Idk what all cities have Braums... but we have one here.. and I drink A TON of their skim milk and 1% milk... more protein in their milk than elsewhere... my assumption was that other brands, in removing fat from their milk... maybe they start with a gallon, have less than a gallon after fat removal, then top it off with water causing the watery taste of most skim milk... just a guess. But Braums milk... 1Cu Skim is 120cals 0gF 18gC 12gP (as opposed to the usual 8g Protein).. 1Cu 1% from them is 130cals 2.5gF 15gC 10gP.

I wondered how much milk contributes to water intake... cuz I obviously don't drink as much plain water when i'm drinking milk all the time.
Well.... Normal skim milk is nearly all water (usually one cup is 245g of milk and of that ~220g is water). But milk on average is usually ~85-90% water.

I am not sure what the milk you drink would be exactly, but you can make 'rough' guestimates by simply subtracting the 'bulk' constituents of milk from the total weight of what you are drinking.... (of course there is going to be other things like the vitamins and minerals that are going to be in there as well... but they are not going to throw the measure out too much).

Anyway - if we assume that one glass of your milk is still = 240-250g (say 245g). Then, if we use the skim milk as an example: 18g carbs + 12g protein = 30g total.

So 245-30 = 215g left over... which would be roughly the amount of water you are consuming (which is ~ 85% of a cup of water).

So it would contribute significantly to water intake if you drink a lot... But I would still make sure you are getting a good dose of fresh water too. ;)

Emma-Leigh said:
Well.... Normal skim milk is nearly all water (usually one cup is 245g of milk and of that ~220g is water). But milk on average is usually ~85-90% water.

I am not sure what the milk you drink would be exactly, but you can make 'rough' guestimates by simply subtracting the 'bulk' constituents of milk from the total weight of what you are drinking.... (of course there is going to be other things like the vitamins and minerals that are going to be in there as well... but they are not going to throw the measure out too much).

Anyway - if we assume that one glass of your milk is still = 240-250g (say 245g). Then, if we use the skim milk as an example: 18g carbs + 12g protein = 30g total.

So 245-30 = 215g left over... which would be roughly the amount of water you are consuming (which is ~ 85% of a cup of water).

So it would contribute significantly to water intake if you drink a lot... But I would still make sure you are getting a good dose of fresh water too. ;)

Wow, great news... thanks again Emma!
:thumb:

Back