• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bulking diet advice

weid34

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey, 'sup. New member but been reading the posts for awhile. Good stuff. But i finally got questions of my own, so why not ask. I could use the help.

25 year old (well, I will be on saturday), 5' 6", about 130 lb.
Been trying to bulk up and gain lean muscle mass for a long time. But really only followed a strict bulking diet for about 1 month and am now up to 130 - 132. But I don't feel I am getting big fast enough.
I eat 5 meals a day right now. I used to work out 6 days a week with a 2 day split, now only 4 days a week, each body part once, forearms and calves twice a week.
If anyone can help, it would REALLY be appreciated. I'm taking this bodybuilding really seriously. Also I was always afraid to put on too much weight because when was a little kid was pudgy and worked to get it off, and have been a very careful about it. But I am overcoming that fear because I really wanna get big. I'm not scrawny, just small, but have a good build.

Here is my diet that I have been following for the last 3 weeks.
1. Any criticism of it is appreciated and is requested.
2. Am I eating enough (I don't really follow any nutrient ratio(40/40/20, 50/30/20/,...)?
The protein is ON 100% whey.

Diet Meal Protein Carbs Calories
Breakfast
2 eggwhites 12 2 60
1/2 cup oatmeal 5 27 150
1/2 cup cottage cheese 15 4 80
total 32 33 290

Post Workout - snack
1 1/2 scoop whey 36 3 165
1 1/2 banana 12 50
3 strawberrys 15
1 cup 1% milk 8 12 110
total 44 27 340
Lunch
1 can tuna 35 175
1 whole wheat pita 6 27 140
2 tblsp light mayonaise 1 50
Healthy cheese 1.5 15
salsa 3 10
salad 25
total 42.5 31 415
snack 2
1 scoop whey 24 2 110
1/4 cup oats 2 13 70
1 tblsp PB 4 3 105
1/2 banana 12 50
1 cup 1% milk 8 12 110
total 38 42 445
Dinner
Chichen breast 20 165
some dark meat(thigh) 19 210
1/2 cup brown rice 4 34 170
Vegetables 4 35
total 43 38 580

Total 199.5 171 2070
Thanks to all. :thumb:

i would think that you should increase your caloric intake a little bit(around 300-400) and be eating more carbohydrates. Your protein intake is good, try keeping that about 1.5 times your bodyweight.

i would increase your 1/2 cup oats to a full cup for your first meal.

in snack #2 have more than just 1/4 cup oats. either 3/4 cup to a full cup. you are eating too little carbs.

if your not gaining weight then up the calories a bit.

thanks watts. I'll do that, you right I think it is time I upped my calories. What about having oates with my PWO shake (secong snack)?
Also, when you have it with a shake, do you blend the aots or just throw them in afterwards? I blended them and I almost choked because it was so powdery?

weid34 said:
thanks watts. I'll do that, you right I think it is time I upped my calories. What about having oates with my PWO shake (secong snack)?
Also, when you have it with a shake, do you blend the aots or just throw them in afterwards? I blended them and I almost choked because it was so powdery?

just toss everything in at once, the blender (if you have a good one) will take care of everything. make sure you add plenty of water, or ice though.

NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH CARBS!! The only time you should be consuming less carbs than protein is when contest time is around the corner. As I understand it, your not cutting, so up those carbs immediately! A good target to shoot for now would be 300g per day. If you gain too much fat, drop the carbs back, no energy and feeling depleted = up the carbs.

Be careful not to consume to many carbs at night. At night, insulin sensitivy drops and carbs are more readily stored as bodyfat. Even on a bulk, this is not desirable.

As for a good PWO shake for muscle building, see my post in this thread - http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=49352. That should answer most questions about PWO shakes.

To sum it all up, drink that PWO shake, consume more carbs (to create an anabolic environment) and more calories.

OK, so I added another 1/4 cup of aots to breakfast, which is also pre workout.
PWO, I made it a whole banana and added a 1/2 cup of oats.
And second snack added also another 1/4 cup of oats, but took out the half banana.
So in total I added 300 more calories. But it is freakin hard to eat so much oatmeal in one sitting. Today I had a tough time downing 3/4 cup at breakfast. Thats why Im trying to spread my aotmeal eating out over many meals.
I also dont have a sixth meal yet.If I didnt want to have milk or cottage cheese(whioch i see many poeple have for their late snack), what would be a good one? How bout soymilk or soy protein?
Thanks guys.

Diet Meal Protein Carbs Calories
Breakfast 2 eggwhites 12 2 60
3/4 cup oatmeal 7 40 225
1/2 cup cottage cheese 15 4 80
total 34 46 365

Post Workout - snack 1 1 1/2 scoop whey 36 3 165
1 Whole banana 25 100
3 strawberrys 15
1/2 cup oats 5 27 150
1 cup 1% milk 8 12 110
total 49 67 540

Lunch 1 can tuna 35 175
1 whole wheat pita 6 27 140
2 tblsp light mayonaise 1 50
Healthy cheese 1.5 15
salsa 3 10
salad 25
total 42.5 31 415

snack 2 1 scoop whey 24 2 110
1/2 cup oats 5 27 150
1 tblsp PB 4 3 105
1 cup 1% milk 8 12 110
total 41 44 475

Dinner Chichen breast 20 165
some dark (thigh) 19 210
1/2 cup brown rice 4 34 170
Vegetables 4 35
total 43 38 580

Snack 3

Total 209.5 226 2375

i think that before you can even begin to start gaining weight, you need to get those carbs up to around 300g... at least on workout days. How many grams of fat a day are you consuming?

-if you cant eat all those oats at breakfast, have a peice of whole grain toast on the side or some fruit.

-PWO you dont need all that protein , at 130lbs... you should only need someting like 30-40g max... drop the milk and some more oats in there... drop the whey to just one scoop.

- you want more carbs at lunch too.. try having an apple there, or two tortillas, or better yet.. make a burrito with beans and rice in there also.

- you may want to add in one more meal as well... something before bed... either cottage cheese or a casein shake, or even a few glasses of milk.

- dont forget your fats... have some fish oil pills througout the day, and maybe some whole eggs at breakfast. Olive oil is great too, cook with it, throw it in a shake, pour some over your veggies or your chicken... etc.

I havent been calculating my fats because i figured it would come from other foods like chicken. But here it is: meal 1- 4.5, meal 2- 7, meal 3- 8.5, meal4- 14.5, meal5- 31.5, total = 66 grams.
Im guessing its not enough.
- btw, 300 grams of carbs is alot for me, because I was never even close to 2000 calories before, so I'm not sure if my body will be used to it, but i'll try
-I thought you should have a lot of protein PWO, guess not.
-I read (I think from emma) that pwo should have .5g carbs of desired bodyweight and .25 - 3g of protein.
-I think i'm going to add a whole egg to my breakfast.
Preciate the help thajeepster.

weid34 said:
I havent been calculating my fats because i figured it would come from other foods like chicken. But here it is: meal 1- 4.5, meal 2- 7, meal 3- 8.5, meal4- 14.5, meal5- 31.5, total = 66 grams.
Im guessing its not enough.
- btw, 300 grams of carbs is alot for me, because I was never even close to 2000 calories before, so I'm not sure if my body will be used to it, but i'll try
-I thought you should have a lot of protein PWO, guess not.
-I read (I think from emma) that pwo should have .5g carbs of desired bodyweight and .25 - 3g of protein.
-I think i'm going to add a whole egg to my breakfast.
Preciate the help thajeepster.

yeah, thats right... .5 for carbs and .25 for protein... so at 130lbs you need around 65g carbs and 33g protein... you can go for more... but you want around a 2:1 carb to protein ratio. btw, as long as they are coming from quality efa sources, 66g fats is fine for you. you could even lower it a little to make room for more carbs.

you need a hell of a lot more saturated fats from meats or even supplement with a couple of table spoons of cocunut oil a day. fats are the natural trainers secret weapon but not quit as useful if on the juice.

IML Gear Cream!
get james jordans underground mass secrets program if you want to know everything you possibly can about boddybuilding. its kind of like anthony ellis but a hell of a lot more HARDCORE!!!

alright, thanks guys. BTW, do you eat the samer amount on off days, and do you also have whey shakes on those days, or real food?

and i think you also need to eat more then 5 meals a day when i bulk i eat 6-8 good size meals a day dont make then as big as they are now just a little smaller. if you eat too much your body cant take in all the foods nutrition at once.

NO2 said:
and i think you also need to eat more then 5 meals a day when i bulk i eat 6-8 good size meals a day dont make then as big as they are now just a little smaller. if you eat too much your body cant take in all the foods nutrition at once.

Yep. A lot of small meals throughout the day keeps you metabolism elevated, (same with water) which is damn important when your eating this much food.

Back