• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

calve training

fitness4life

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I train my calves with my legs using the leg press machine and also calf raise machine. I do 3sets of 10 - 12 but never seem to get definition. My calves are big and bulky. I want to firm them. Does anyone have some ideals for me.

Originally posted by Prince
Definition comes with low body fat levels.

I Agree!!

One thing I do recommend with calf training is high reps.

Just the opposite has worked for me. hehehe, different strokes for different folks.

You know I thought about it some more and I do do high reps.

I superset seated calf raise and standing calf raise, 10 seated and 10 standing for a total of 20 reps. Works great for me, I was reading in some book how Arnold (I know, I know bad example AS and all) and a couple others use to superset Seated, standing and donky calf raise and it worked for them.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
You know I thought about it some more and I do do high reps.

Huh huh huh....you said "do do."

I work calves twice a week. One day with heavy weight, four sets, 8 to 10 reps each. The other day is lighter weight, three sets, 12 to 15 reps each. Looking at my calves this morning, I am definitely adding size and definition.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Huh huh huh....you said "do do."

I work calves twice a week. One day with heavy weight, four sets, 8 to 10 reps each. The other day is lighter weight, three sets, 12 to 15 reps each. Looking at my calves this morning, I am definitely adding size and definition.
thats what i do IAB and i'm still getting good results for a 38 yr old lifting junkie
:D

IML Gear Cream!
yes lower your body fat and you will start to see the cut in you calves. Also some people are just born with slabs of meat for calves and they dont really have too much definition. I on the other hand have what we call Diamonds. If you work your ass off they will look like diamonds.

calves muscles are small and compact and dont need alot of recuperation time between workouts. bodybuilders train calves up to 5 times a week aswell as abs. best results come best when doing sets between 15-20. calves are almost impossible 2 overtrain

Don't forget Pro bodybuilders use steroids so there recovery time is cut down so they can get away with training more often.
Natural body builders need a little more recovery time.

the more protein and carbs u eat the faster u will recover....less recovery time means more time in the gym

When youre working your calves, do you get cramps in your foot arches? I do when I use the calf raise..

Honeybee I do and that is a biatch!!!!! I wish I knew how to not get them!

I've heard others having the same problem but no one seems to have an answer.
How far back to you guys/gals put your feet off the block??

Scotty, I try to put just the pad under your toes on the calf machine......

See, I don't have that problem, I put about a 1/3 of my foot on the pad so the pad ends where my arch starts.
I still feel just as much of a stretch in my calf and I never have had a cramp in my arch.

Just a thought.

I use to have that pain in my feet but it went away, I guess it can only hurt so much before it can't hurt any more:yell:

Back