• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Morgan: MLB dropped ball

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hall of Famer Joe Morgan says Major League Baseball officials knew that steroids had polluted the game years ago but turned a blind eye to the problem.
"Baseball itself is at fault because it let it go on for so long and didn't do anything about it," Morgan told the Philadelphia Inquirer earlier this week. "All these people who say they didn't know (about steroid use) - I say, let them take a lie-detector test. No one would pass. That includes managers and coaches.... I've known it for 10, 15 years, and I am not even on the field."

Earlier this year, the Daily News reported that FBI special agent Greg Stejskal told MLB security chief Kevin Hallinan more than a decade ago that Jose Canseco and other players had come up during a three-year steroids trafficking investigation. Hallinan and other MLB officials at first vehemently denied receiving information from the Michigan-based agent, although they later admitted that Stejskal had talked to Hallinan by phone in 2002 and left open the possibility of an earlier face-to-face meeting.

Morgan told the Inquirer that if steroid users are admitted to the Hall of Fame, then Pete Rose, Morgan's former teammate in Cincinnati, should join them: "This (steroids scandal) has hurt baseball more than what Pete did.

"There's not a big enough asterisk to handle all of this," Morgan continued. "There has to be some penalty. I just don't know what it is."

Back