• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

HIT and Powerlifting

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering what people think about HIT routines working for powerlifting? Think there is any way to swing that and make good progress or not?

I think it would be hard to max out at a meet if you are going all out each workout. You would really need to watch your intensity so that you peak yourself for the meet and not "blow your load" to soon.

I feel I do lower volume on many things than many people, but I'm still not ready for HIT. Then again I have not read profusely on the topic, static holds and things like that are not commonplace for me and when performed are not 30 seconds and so on.

P-funk said:
I think it would be hard to max out at a meet if you are going all out each workout. You would really need to watch your intensity so that you peak yourself for the meet and not "blow your load" to soon.
But with Westside aren't you maxing out once a week?

Mudge said:
I feel I do lower volume on many things than many people, but I'm still not ready for HIT. Then again I have not read profusely on the topic, static holds and things like that are not commonplace for me and when performed are not 30 seconds and so on.
:thumbs:

Rocco32 said:
But with Westside aren't you maxing out once a week?

yes but not on the specfic lift that you will be performing in the contest. The variation is what makes it work.

What do you want to do? HIT rack lock outs?

Don't you hate when you blow your load to soon? Heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

It would definitly be hard going all out each and every workout, but your working out so infrequently that I don't think it would be a problem. Since I have started HIT, I have achieved far more strength than hypertrophy in my opinion. My bench, deadlift, and squat have all gone up which for a powerlifter is your number one goal. Also, if you remember Rocco, DD was doing HIT primarily for football while hypertrophy was secondary. It definitly seemed to work for him..

only one way to find out.....

I sense that Rocco is about to embark on a new training program.

IML Gear Cream!
P-funk said:
What do you want to do? HIT rack lock outs?
Sure, why not? :shrug: It could be a good variation exercise worked in conjunction with something else. :D

soxmuscle said:
It would definitly be hard going all out each and every workout, but your working out so infrequently that I don't think it would be a problem. Since I have started HIT, I have achieved far more strength than hypertrophy in my opinion. My bench, deadlift, and squat have all gone up which for a powerlifter is your number one goal. Also, if you remember Rocco, DD was doing HIT primarily for football while hypertrophy was secondary. It definitly seemed to work for him..
Nice points Sox! :thumbs: Thanks for your input, it's very encouraging.

CaptainDeadlift said:
I sense that Rocco is about to embark on a new training program.
Haha, not yet Cappie. I'm just toying with the idea and thinking about my shoulder/forearm injury. Didn't bother me when I did HIT before so I was just thinking...:grin:

Back