• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need some research help - PLEASE

ALBOB

IDIOT SAVANT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
There's a few self-proclaimed nutritional/exercise experts here at work who have been touting the Body Mass Index as the do-all, end-all to personal health. From my limited knowledge of the BMI, it's nothing more than a table that tries to put everybody in a cookie cutter. "If you're this tall you shouldn't weigh more than this much." It makes no allowences for BF%, genetics, etc. Am I even close to being correct? Do you know of any good studies that have proven the BMI to be good, bad, neither or both? Thanks. :thumb:

Seasoned body builders are well aware that BMI is a bunch of *&#!@. Like you said, it makes no allowance for muscle mass. It was designed by insurance company statisticians to estimate health risks of the AVERAGE (non-weight lifting) person from being over- or under-weight. Many BB's have a BMI of close to 30, which puts them in the obese category despite having 6% body fat.

You are correct Albob, but the gov't still uses it and there are no studies showing anything else being better.

Yep it's a bucnh of BS. I think getting your %bf checked and knowing your lean muscle mass, is a way better indication of health.

Dale Mabry said:
there are no studies showing anything else being better.

THAT is my problem. :(

Oh well, thanks guys. :thumb:

Back