• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

diet for 21yr old girl..

Dante

tryin to grow...
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi, im trying to help my girlfriend lose about 10-15lbs. she is 5'7 130-135lbs..her goals arent to gain or maintain muscle mass, but just shed some fat.. and keep it off..i told her to slowly start to reduce calories. i would like to give her some specific meal and diet plans...i know what works for me but my goals are different..im not too knowlegeable in making up a diet for this situation..

here is what i was thinkin:

meal 1:
Oatmeal with berries
lean meat(she wont eat alot of chicken) or hopefully i can get her to have 1 scoop of whey..or eggs..
fish oil

meal 2:
apple or yogert (ff/ low suger)

meal 3:
tuna salad with ff mayo& vegies
or lean ham on whole wheet bread..
or brown rice..
fish oil

meal 4:
shake? cant really find something to fit in here..

meal 5:
meat & vegies..whatever im eating..will be good.

meal 6:
ff cottage cheese
fish oil..

im really lookin for some low cal balanced meal ideas that i think she will like to eat..sorry if this seems disorganized, but im not really sure how to go about this..any help would be great..thanks.
dante

she doesn't need to lose anything IMO. If she does she's going to start looking that one of those stick figure Hollywood superstars. If she really wants to lose the weight tho, she needs to take up some resistance training to help her maintain her muscle she has now. If not, she will lose muscle and keep the fat. Simple as that.
You need to find her maintance cals first for this to work effectively.
As far as meals go, I can't help you much there, I know some females are picky about the stuff they eat and my meals are so plain and bland, that I would be no help.

thanks, thats the problem she is picky with food...i agree resistance training is the way to go..lol. why do most girls think they'll get huge by lifting? im probably going to need some advice on how to train her though..im not really sure what kind of split to start her out with..and sets,reps, etc.

my gf is the same way. "but if i do 200 on the leg press my legs will get HUGE!!"

Yea, if it was only that easy.

Girls have 1/16 of hormone that we have so ... Weightraining for women should be about the same that we do, except that weightraining will help woman to get defined muscle if bodyfat is pretty low, and not bulky muscle.

Diet look pretty good imo,but if she have a craving the morning because she only eats a yogourt in meal 2, maybe add some veggies to try to fill her up until meal 3.

i guess she could lose a little around her abs, but i don't see any need for change...and i agree with the rest of peeps...get her on the weights if she wants to lean out

She shouldn't focus on weight but the mirror. Adding some LBM and focusing on her core will improve her already hot body.

IML Gear Cream!
i just find it funny that you blocked her face in the first pic and then a head shot in the next :hmmm:

Dante said:
meal 1:
Oatmeal with berries
lean meat(she wont eat alot of chicken) or hopefully i can get her to have 1 scoop of whey..or eggs..
fish oil
Oatmeal with some berries would be good .. espically blueberries.
Instead of lean meats think she could eat some egg whites cooked in olive oil?? There needs to be more EFAs here ..

Dante said:
meal 2:
apple or yogert (ff/ low suger)
Need more here , this isn't a meal .. She needs a source of carbs , protein and fats ..
Keep the Fat Free / no sugar added yogurt though

Dante said:
meal 3:
tuna salad with ff mayo& vegies
or lean ham on whole wheet bread..
or brown rice..
fish oil
Looks alright .. I wouldn't choose the lean ham on whole wheat though ..
Have the Tuna Salad , and for a dressing mix some FF mayo with some olive oil .. for a little bit of carbs she could add some chick peas or another lentil to the salad.
The brown rice would also be great , just make sure there's a source of protein and fats in there as well , maybe mix some chicken in it and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over it ..
If she wants she could even make some sweet potato fries here .. take some sweet potato and cut it into some wedges coat it with some olive oil / cayenne pepper /cinnamon / garlic powder - really yummy.

Dante said:
meal 4:
shake? cant really find something to fit in here..
Shake would be fine , have some skim milk / fat free , no sugar added yogurt (she needs some more dairy ..) , some rolled oats , some fruit and some whey. (could even use this as a pre workout shake)

Dante said:
meal 5:
meat & vegies..whatever im eating..will be good.
Looks fine .. just make sure there's an alright amount of fat here ..

Dante said:
meal 6:
ff cottage cheese
fish oil..
Looks good .. I'd add in some more fats though , say a TBSP of Peanut butter??

Also if she starts training make sure she gets proper Pre and Post workout nutriton ..

As for Training , she defintly needs to take up some form of restitance training to help maintain her LBM. If not , becuase of her size if she loses any weight a huge majority of it is gonna be LBM. So she'll be smaller .. but softer.
Right now I'm just starting my friend up in the gym as well .. two full body workouts a week would be fine for beggineers. This si what I'm currently doign with my friend ..

Day 1 -
Squats : 4-5 sets - 1 warm-up (6-8 reps)
BB or DB Bench Press : 4-5 sets - 1 warm-up (6-8 reps)
Bent Over BB Rows : - 2-3 sets (6-8 reps)
Romanian DL : 2-3 sets (8-12)
DB Overhead Press : 2-3 sets (8-12)
WG Lat Pulldown : 2-3 sets (8 - 12)

Day 2 -
DL : 4-5 sets - 1 warm-up (6-8)
Incline DB Press : 4-5sets - 1 warm - up (6-8)
V-Bar Pulldown : 2-3 sets (6-8)
DB decline Press: 2-3 sets (8-12)
Seated Cable Row : 2-3 sets (8-12)

To start out jsut use 70% of a weight she can reach failure at. She needs to learn proper form first.

For cardio .. just start out with 2 sessions a week at 30 minutes moderate intensity .. so it'll look some like this

Mon - Day 1
Tues - Cardio + abs
Wed- REST
Thurs - REST
Fri - Day 2
Sat - Cardio + abs
Sun - REST

Personally i don't think she needs to lose any weight .. if she starts eating cleaner and training properly her bodies jsut gonna 'tone' up on it's own as she's a begginer it'll be easy for her to lose some fat and put on some LBM easily ...

thanks for all the great advice.. i agree with most of you ..maybe she doesnt need to loose weight, but she would like to replace fat with lbm.

Tom, thanks for the meal and training suggestions..everything looks great.

Dante said:
thanks, thats the problem she is picky with food...i agree resistance training is the way to go..lol. why do most girls think they'll get huge by lifting? im probably going to need some advice on how to train her though..im not really sure what kind of split to start her out with..and sets,reps, etc.

Put her on the same routine your on. There is no reason why she cant train like you.

I'm about the same size as your girl, and in the same situation. I am 5' 8", and weigh 145. My husband is a bb fanatic, and has helped me a lot. I've lost about 4 inches in the past month or so, but have actually gained about 5 or 6lbs. Women, myself included, tend to focus on numbers too much. I once ended up at 118, let me tell you, that was scary looking back. I was still not satisfied, b/c there was still too much jiggle. We associate jiggle with numbers. I look smaller than I was, but weigh more. For her to reach her goal, first off, FORGET THE NUMBERS. Hide the scale if you can, if not, throw the damn thing out. Then, check this site, somewhere on here is a spot to find her calorie needs to maintain. Once you do that, set her meal plans to fall short by 250 to 500 cals., then split her meals to 5 a day, 6 may be too many. Try to get some eggs in at breakfast for protein, at least one. Her workouts can be the same as yours, my hubbys are working great for me, with the only diff. being less weights, of course. Watch her on cardio. No longer than 45 minutes a set, no more than 4 to 5 times a week. Make sure she gets her pw protein shake, to feed her burgeoning muscles. I have read every damn article on women's fitness for the past 3 years, and tried just about everything. This is the most improvement that I've seen yet.

While you have me thinking about it, go to www.fitnessmagazine.com. They have a basic fitness calculators, one of which is maintainance calories. I doubt it's exact, but it should give you a rough idea. Then, have her go to www.fitday.com. Have her be HONEST about an average days intake, including condiments, juice, etc. It's free, you can customize food labels if not on there, and she may find that where she thought she was eating 2200, she was actually eating 3200. That'll help her keep track of everything, incl. activities, which is what she really needs to focus on.

Back