• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

ok, i searched... here and google...

thajeepster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
what the hell is the nutrition facts for raw 93% lean ground beef, i know its like 8g fat, and 21g protein 170 cals or something like that, but what are the nutrient facts? Whats the cooked amounts? I need to plug in the numbers into my diet software.

Thanks in advance guys. :D

Jeep

thajeepster said:
what the hell is the nutrition facts for raw 93% lean ground beef, i know its like 8g fat, and 21g protein 170 cals or something like that, but what are the nutrient facts? Whats the cooked amounts? I need to plug in the numbers into my diet software.

Thanks in advance guys. :D

Jeep
Firstly - why don't you just weigh out/measure it before you cook it?? :p

Secondly - it depends on how you cook it (basically - how much you dehydrate it).

But generally, extrapolating from 95% fat free beef:

100g raw
cals - 137
protein - 21.5
fat - 5

100g baked or pan-broiled
cals - 174
protein - 27.5
fat - 6

So for cook, you should multiply the raw figures by ~1.25-1.3.

wait, so thats for 95% or 93%? Where do you get that info, i searched every nutrient database i could think of, all they have is 80, 85, 90, and 95% ... Im lost :D

I'd just go by the raw measure, but i know alot of fat is lost when cooking ground beef, at least if you drain it.

thajeepster said:
wait, so thats for 95% or 93%? Where do you get that info, i searched every nutrient database i could think of, all they have is 80, 85, 90, and 95% ... Im lost :D
That is for 95% FF... (note the 5g of fat for the 100g measure - 5g of 100g = 5% ;) ).

But the rate at which the meat loses water is going to basically be the same... So using your figures, just multiply by 1.25-1.3 and you will get your cooked measurements.

I'd just go by the raw measure, but i know alot of fat is lost when cooking ground beef, at least if you drain it.
Yeah - a bit is lost, but this can't be quantified so I would just count it.

But a neat trick if you want to basically get rid of the fat - marinate it overnight in some red wine/alcohol and then drain it for a few hours before you cook it. The alcohol disolves the fat out of the meat! :)

ok, i found a raw 4oz label on the internet, the picture was really small but i could just make it out... 4oz raw has 8g fat, 160 cals, 3g sat fat, 22g protein... now thats raw... Im guessing alot of that fat will drain out when i cook it, but should i just go with the raw measure anyhow when im planning a meal out. Im sure the differences are minimal.

i figured it out using the stats for 1lb lean beef uncooked vs the yeilds from it being cooked, basically .03 protein is lost, and .4 fat is lost during cooking (well done, pan fried) So i figured out my numbers if i cook 112g raw, it would be 127 cals, 4.8g fat and 21g protein... So im just gonna use that as my numbers for 112g raw... that should make things relatively simple to figure out.

Thanks for the tip on the fat, but actually im eating it FOR the fat :D, gotta get some decent saturated fat sources in my diet, besides egg yolks.

thajeepster said:
i figured it out using the stats for 1lb lean beef uncooked vs the yeilds from it being cooked, basically .03 protein is lost, and .4 fat is lost during cooking (well done, pan fried) So i figured out my numbers if i cook 112g raw, it would be 127 cals, 4.8g fat and 21g protein... So im just gonna use that as my numbers for 112g raw... that should make things relatively simple to figure out.
:rolleyes: Geezzz Jeepster - you really don't need to get so exact about it! :p .4 and .03 g is not going to do anything so just relax! Sheesh - I can just imagine you going to the extremes of collecting the fat from the pan and weighing it out to see how much was lost! ;)

But.... If you are going to be that exact then the figures you just stated would not be for 93% fat free mince - for it to be 93% fat free you should have ~7% fat per 100g... Which would mean you should be looking at something closer to 7-7.5g of fat per 112g raw...

100g of raw 93% fat-free beef should be something close to:
21-22g protein
7g fat
~ 155-160 calories

And yes, just use raw weight and then calculate off that. That way you do not need to worry about how much water (or other things) are removed when you cook it...

nah, but almost half the fat is lost during cooking, thats new to me. Seems like our numbers are about the same.

BTW, you should be commending me on choosing a lean red meat in my protein intake instead of making fun of me :D thats a big step... lol, now i can have hamburgers.

Although i could post up my whole new diet including the beef....

just kidding... ive got it down now, i just have certain numbers for certain times of the day, and just plug in a protein, a carb, a fat, and eat it.

btw,

<----------- I dont look like this any more, i should take some new pics, cuz im definitely filling out.

160lbs somedays, 162-163 others, so im probably around 161-162. only about 15-20lbs to go, then the easy part, cutting the fat :D (at least for me).

BTW, you should be commending me on choosing a lean red meat in my protein intake instead of making fun of me thats a big step... lol, now i can have hamburgers.

Although i could post up my whole new diet including the beef....
Ok... You're right... Big step in the right direction for you... Sorry....

:banana: :hot: :rocker:

YAY for adding REAL MEAT! :chomp:

:flex:

That better?

:p

Although.... I'd be commending you more if you added some of the other lean red meats (game meats such as bison, buffalo, kangaroo... and ostrich...) - these are all about 100 x better than beef.

;)

thajeepster said:
btw,

<----------- I dont look like this any more, i should take some new pics, cuz im definitely filling out.

160lbs somedays, 162-163 others, so im probably around 161-162. only about 15-20lbs to go, then the easy part, cutting the fat :D (at least for me).
:eek: Dear Lord - You broke the 160 mark!?! :thumb: Hazaah - now that IS progress! :D

:clap:

IML Gear Cream!
thanks :D ive gained about 12lbs in about 8 weeks. Mostly due ( I think ) to my new routine and higher carb intake. and as for that game meat, if you could send some of that famous australian kangaroo meat this way, i'd be all for it, but its not exactly easy to find around here. Although there is a place nearby that sells buffalo meat. I really wanna give ostrich a try too, but I cant find it anywhere.

Back