• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Do You View Poor Or Sick People As Inferior Human Beings?

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been reading comments about the Hurricane Katrina disaster for the past couple of days. The attitude of some seems to be - those people had a choice. It's their own fault that they are homeless, destitute or dead.

Do you agree that it's their fault?

(Bonus question: would anyone CHOOSE to be sick, weak, or 'financially challenged'?)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, they are inferior.
No: There but for the grace of God go I.
Other (comment).

Well, we live in a world ruled by the rules of evolution. It is not that I don´t like poor or sick people, I don´t like poorness or sickness. It is not the person but the condition they are in.

It really bothers me.

I do not view the poor or the sick as inferior humans beings in any way, shape, or form.

A large percentage of the world lives in poverty.

I do however, view people who commit violent and sexual crimes in times of immense tragedy as inferior humans beings.

Do You View Poor Or Sick People As Inferior Human Beings?

No, but apparently the US Government does..he he

It really depends. Take whites for example, you have poor white people and then you have white trash. Economically the same, but in actuality, very different people.

I have very little sympathy or empathy for white trash. Poor people are a different story.

The United States places a lot of emphasis on income and material things....

Such a shame.....

It was pretty stupid on the part of those who had the chance to leave and did not... Sorry but it is. But with that said I'm sure not everyone had the means to do so or thought they were out of harms way for one reason or another. At the same time some didn't leave because they are freakin ignorant and hardheaded!

NEVERTHELESS it is a real problem in which we all need to pull together to fix. If anything the government needs to step in far more so than they have in such situations. MAKE EVERYONE LEAVE would be one... TWO educate areas prone to this far more. And three clean-up and make right what now exist partly do to your own ignorance.

Never judge a man unless you can see through that mans mind eye and know his heart. It's hard to see why so many would choose to risk all for the sake staying but they did. Foolish or not they are no less human and worth saving than someone well off. It's not the color of ones skin or the money or lack thereof in his pocket that makes a man who he is. Rather it is the content of his character, the condition of his heart, and his secret desire that makes a man of worth or worthlessness...

Money can certainly better a man and the quality of his life but at the same time there are those who have great wealth that in judgement will be found to be worth the least... Money does indeed help make the world go round but it's certainly not what we should base our world on... Rather a moral and worthwhile uprising. Unity and true equality.

It may be hard to accept but your stereotypes are simply your stereotypes. As you label this man or that man it only brings truth to how they've stereotyped you... A man is not set in a way of life because of his color, net worth, or even his upbringing. He is who he is because that's what path he has chosen. Sometimes that path may lead to fame and fortune and other times that path may lead to raising five kids to the best of his ability in a small one bedroom apartment.

As long as the poor man has lived from the purity of his heart even with nothing he is indeed something. Opportunity doesn't come knocking on every door and sometimes when it does nobody's home if you know what I'm saying. I believe worth is determined by the condition of ones soul....... Not by the figures he has written down in his checkbook. Money can either be a blessing or the most worthless thing in existance.

In short my answer is no...

Last edited:
Vieope said:
Well, we live in a world ruled by the rules of evolution. It is not that I don´t like poor or sick people, I don´t like poorness or sickness. It is not the person but the condition they are in.

It really bothers me.
If we live in a world ruled by evolution then black people are superior in every way right? I mean they were here first I'm told... Aren't they the ones who first squirted out of monkeys guts?:hmmm: Doesn't evolution make them the most intelligent, well mannered, and superior human beings alive?

Wait, weren't most of the people who stayed behind black?

I'm not attacking you or what you're saying but I'm just trying myself to understand were evolution is in this...:) I happen to agree with the rest of what you said.

SuperFlex said:
Weren't the majority black where the area was hit the hardest?

SuperFlex said:
It was pretty stupid on the part of those who had the chance to leave and did not... Sorry but it is. But with that said I'm sure not everyone had the means to do so or thought they were out of harms way for one reason or another. At the same time some didn't leave because they are freakin ignorant and hardheaded!
Some where handicap, some too old, some stood behind to protect their homes from looting.

IML Gear Cream!
Mr_Snafu said:

Such a shame.....
And that makes me sick.

Mr_Snafu said:

Such a shame.....
Then again, it is the best place in the world where one could realize such dreams.

min0 lee said:
Some where handicap, some too old, some stood behind to protect their homes from looting.
That's where our government needs to step up beforehand...:yes: The best solution to just about any problem is to prevent it from even happening. In this case it would have costed them much less to do so too.

min0 lee said:
I've been reading comments about the Hurricane Katrina disaster for the past couple of days. The attitude of some seems to be - those people had a choice. It's their own fault that they are homeless, destitute or dead. Do you agree that it's their fault?

Absolutely not to all questions.

I was very fortunate growing up with good parents and living an "upper middle class" life, I went on to college, and I feel I have become quite successful with a six figure income now. If I had grown up in poverty I am not sure I would be in a different or better situation than those people. You have less opportunity and there is a "glass ceiling" effect that prevents you from believing that you can achieve anything. All of my life my parents told me I could be whatever I wanted, and I believed them. I have never felt that there was anything in life I could not do if I set my mind to it. When you grow up in poverty you get caught up in a vicious cycle and typically you end up living this way as an adult.

That is my opinion. :shrug:

A good one at that, I grew up middle class then my parents separated and I lived the "lower class" life as they call it. I broke that cycle but I know a lot of decent people who didn't break the cycle and got caught in it by ignorance, bad luck or just society.

What's your definition of sick people? I don't care much for people who aren't willing to try to change; the ones that just give up on life. However, some people have been brought up with little opportunity or such poor morals and outlook on life that they don't believe they can change for the better. It's much easier to give an answer with a specific case rather than a broad description (just "poor" or "sick" people). But I must say in terms of Hurricane Katrina, much of the people who stayed behind weren't financially able to evacuate. And I do not view them as inferior.

Every day we wake up and make a choice.....am I going to work today or not? I don't have a lot of sympathy for poverty stricken folks, because the majority of them are making concious decisions to be exactly where they are. However, sick, handicapped, challenged.....I pore my heart out for them, and I help them by contributing generously to worthwhile charities. And I do that because I would rather help them, than be them.

For some reason I want to feel sympathetic for the poor...

But, for those who don't even try to find a job, or educate, or train themselves...

They are just lazy P'sOS!!!

IML Gear Cream!
min0 lee said:
Some stayed behind to assist in the looting.

LOL, sorry I thought that was funny.. But I bet there were a few people who did actually think of and plan it when they heard theyd be hit.

Robert DiMaggio said:
and there is a "glass ceiling" effect that prevents you from believing that you can achieve anything.

I dont know where you got that from, or if you came up with it yourself, but I think thats dead on. Its not necessarily that people are stupid.. but rather that they let their own inhibitions, fears, and lack of knowledge of whats above keep them down. Its not an easy thing to get passed either, when you have an issue like that(and most of us do, perhaps not financially, but in some other aspect of life) the only way you can really progress without someone to guide you is trial and error; and you're gonna fail a few times at that. But if you can keep going you can usually achieve what you want..

Also theres the advantage of knowing you can overcome such things.. somebody who was a skinny, poor, dropout who eventually got over them self, became very financially successful(through work, not because they invented beanie babies :mad: ). Would be alot less reluctant to try out bodybuilding, or go to college, and their likeliness of success would be higher than somebody whos just remained poor. And someone from the same situation who became a great bodybuilder, and went to graduate collage would have a very good chance at being financially successful as well.

I guess I want to say its a self confidence issue, but theres so much more to it than that, social knowledge being one thing. I think when it comes down to it, its as Manic said a few days ago,"poor upbringing"(poor, as in poor quality, :lol: )

IMO.

Not at all. . .and I"m sure Republicans don't feel that way either.

Why, the Republican National Committee has been busy studying video clips of the looters who took the largest ticket items in New Orleans. They're hoping to recruit candidates for next years Congressional elections.

cfs3 said:
Then again, it is the best place in the world where one could realize such dreams.

I do agree. :thumb:

No politician wants to improve the situation, when it comes to employment,
or welfare...

Those people depend on the GOVT so they will automatically
vote for whomever claims to not make cuts in assistance

SuperFlex said:
If we live in a world ruled by evolution then black people are superior in every way right? I mean they were here first I'm told... Aren't they the ones who first squirted out of monkeys guts?:hmmm: Doesn't evolution make them the most intelligent, well mannered, and superior human beings alive?

I'm not attacking you or what you're saying but I'm just trying myself to understand were evolution is in this...:) I happen to agree with the rest of what you said.

Your statement is wrong. Blacks and whites are a slight variation in skin pigment. The human body is such that it can adjust over long periods of time to its surroudings. Which for example, is why the dark skinned people live along the equator, and the light skin people live north and south of that. Our lighter skin makes it possible for us to utilize light more efficiently in low UV, etc conditions.

This is something that every Christian scientist believes as well... so I'm not sure how you are using this as a grounds to say that blacks are more intelligent. Stop thinking of them as a different species and think of them as the same people with more pigment, it clarifies things a bit.

Either way, according to your logic africans were around before caucasians so this makes them superior. In every way this is contradictory to evolutionary thought. If one really wished to view people as being completely different and each of our races being so much more than just pigmentation, then you'd have that backwards anyhow.

That is where evolution is in all of this.

The Monkey Man said:
No politician wants to improve the situation, when it comes to employment,
or welfare...

Those people depend on the GOVT so they will automatically
vote for whomever claims to not make cuts in assistance
That would also apply to the rich, they will vote for whoever gives them the biggest tax breaks. God forbid they takeaway their private jets.

As to poverty... everybody has a chance to better themselves (unless perhaps they are mentally handicapped, or in some situations physically).

My father grew up in a household where his dad left when he was quite young. His mother was left with 5 children, and had to raise them all on their own. They were so poor that often times they had to hunt to get dinner. The schools they were in were pretty decent, but nothing great. He is now making an excellent paycheck and has a family that he takes great care of.

He could have sat around using the excuse that life wasn't handed to him on a silver platter... but he didn't. Which is why he isn't living in a trailer park living on government subsidies for his laziness.

Many are though, and the only people they have to blame are themselves. You can't get a job? Theres always a McDonalds hiring. You dont live in a good neighborhood? Move out, nobody is forcing you to stay there. Your kids aren't getting an amazing education? When you choose a new neighborhood, make sure it has a good school in it. There are always jobs, there are always ways to better your circumstances. If a person chooses not to use them, thats their fault, nobody elses.

As to this being a racial thing or the government picking on anybody because of color, those that have succeeded would disagree with that.

Oh, and Kanye West, you racist... nobody kept your from succeeding, or countless others that have done so before. Idiot.

min0 lee said:
That would also apply to the rich, they will vote for whoever gives them the biggest tax breaks. God forbid they takeaway their private jets.

Everybody votes for that which benefits them the most. Thats how humans work... and thus does our "democracy".

That said, there are more poor people than rich people. It takes something to make yourself rich. Anybody can be poor.

Eggs said:
Your statement is wrong. Blacks and whites are a slight variation in skin pigment. The human body is such that it can adjust over long periods of time to its surroudings. Which for example, is why the dark skinned people live along the equator, and the light skin people live north and south of that. Our lighter skin makes it possible for us to utilize light more efficiently in low UV, etc conditions.

This is something that every Christian scientist believes as well... so I'm not sure how you are using this as a grounds to say that blacks are more intelligent. Stop thinking of them as a different species and think of them as the same people with more pigment, it clarifies things a bit.

Either way, according to your logic africans were around before caucasians so this makes them superior. In every way this is contradictory to evolutionary thought. If one really wished to view people as being completely different and each of our races being so much more than just pigmentation, then you'd have that backwards anyhow.

That is where evolution is in all of this.
It's good to have someone like you at IM.

Back