• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Heres my training routine !! (Pics)

Michael (Dj)

Beginner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well... everyone says this is a bit too much but tbh i dont feel it at all , in the slightest lol , ov course when im doin it i feel it but when i rest i feel nothin i just feel like nothin has happened , my dad just says its coz we are naturally strong and can do stuff like this without it really doin anythin damaging .

i do this once every 2 - 3 days (Depending on my work schedule)

Shoulder Workouts:
Barbell Behind Neck Press : 10 Reps
Front Raise : 10 Reps
Military Press : 20 Reps
Barbell Upright Row : 10 Reps
Dumbell Lateral Raise :15 Reps
Lying Lateral Raise :10 Reps
Dumbell Upright Row : 20 Reps
Barbell Rear Delt Row : 10 Reps
Dumbell Rear Lateral Raise : 10 Reps
Dumbell Rear Delt Row :10 Reps

Upper Arm Workouts:
Dumbell Kickback : 20 Reps
One Arm Triceps Extension : 15 Reps (Each Arm)
Heavey dumbell Triceps Extension(Both Arms) : 15 Reps
Barbell Curls : 30 Reps
Dumbell Curls : 30 Reps Each
Press Ups : 30 Reps
Depth Press Ups : 30 Reps

Forearm Workouts:
Reverse Wrist Curl : 10 Reps

Back Workouts:
Bent Over Row Barbell : 15 Reps
Upright External Rotation : 20 Reps

Waist & Ab Workouts:
Heavey Dumbell Side Bend : 10 Reps
6.5 Kilo Weight Plated Sit Ups : 100 reps
Crunch : 40 reps
Bycycle Excersise : 30 reps
Reverse Sit Ups ; 20 Reps
Bench Crunch : 20 Reps
Leg Raise : 30 Reps
Plank On Elbow & Toes : 30 Secs 3 Reps
Vertical Leg crunch : 30 reps
Abdominol Vacuum : 40 Secs
Barbell Deadlift : 15 Reps
Barbell Stiff Deadlift : 15 Reps
Dumbell Straight Leg Deadlift : 15 Reps

Legs & Calf Workouts:
Barbell Standing Calf Raise : 15 Reps
Dumbell Single Calf Raise : 20 Reps
Hands Behind Head Front Squat : 20 Reps
Front Squat Barbell : 15 Reps
Dumbell Squat : 15 Reps
Dumbell Side Lunge : 15 Reps

I dont have the sorta money to go using really really good equipment so i have to make do with free weights and obviously normal excersises like push ups , chin ups ect..

Also im thinkin of joining a local boxing club , for good cardio vascular workouts when im there , at the moment the only real cardio i seem to do is runnin on the days im not doing my big workout and ov course football , i like to play indoors as much as possible tho as u never stop moving playin indoor football , its great for cardio vascular excersise. Becoz i have quite a bit of fat round the mid section lol , and round the top of my legs and assl lol (Well wot i think is fat lol , no one else says theres a lot there)

I also dont eat hardley anythin to do with sugar , eat plenty of rice , pasta , and eggs , i want to try n eat more protien rich foods tho lol , but with me being only 18 and tryna save up for some new decks its hard for me to fork out the kinda money u have to for such foods , is there any cheaper alternatives that offer good protein besides supliments and protien shakes ect.. (im talkin foods here) i already know bout eggs and stuff ..

cheers sorry bout it bein soo long lol

Heres some pics foru to decide if i am all that bad lol fat wise i mean :thumb:
Sorry bout them bein such low quality they wer taken in my room with my webcam lol

About 3 months into the training
mehuge.jpg

About 2-3 Weeks ago
Melookinevenworsehahaha.jpg

Last night ( i wanted to see if i wer losing the body fat )
fattybumbumlol2.jpg

Wow, that is really not a good routine. It's horrible, actually. Way too much volume, way too high of a rep range for every exercises. Way too many exercises...

Why don't you cut the exercises down, and work in a lower rep range? And what is up with all that shit for shoulders, and then 2 things for back?

And are you really saying you do all this shit every 3 days? Or do you have some kinda of split going...

lol , im not all clued up on this stuff mate so if its bad then i apologise but yeh thats wot i do every 2 days usually 2 days anyway.

i thought itwas a good routine because i can notice really positive results but , u guys obviously know wot ur doin lol , il try n see wot i can doo to sort it out and make it a better routine :)

i do se wotu mean about that tho il defo need to spread it all out :thumb:

I agree take that workout and throw it in the trash.....read the online journals and training area to get some ideas for a good workout.

What are your goals with this training program?

How many sets of each exercise are you doing?

How long does a workout take you?

You looke plenty lean to me. You could pack on a bit of muscle mass, but you're definitely a healthy lean. Check out the diet section on this site. Get started by reading this:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113

Michael (Dj) said:
lol , im not all clued up on this stuff mate so if its bad then i apologise but yeh thats wot i do every 2 days usually 2 days anyway.

i thought itwas a good routine because i can notice really positive results but , u guys obviously know wot ur doin lol , il try n see wot i can doo to sort it out and make it a better routine :)

i do se wotu mean about that tho il defo need to spread it all out :thumb:

A beginner will make gains on just about any program they do, regardless of how poorly it is setup.

CowPimp said:
What are your goals with this training program?

How many sets of each exercise are you doing?

How long does a workout take you?

You looke plenty lean to me. You could pack on a bit of muscle mass, but you're definitely a healthy lean. Check out the diet section on this site. Get started by reading this:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113

My workouts last about 1 & half hours (im going off wot my dad tells me lol thats why i do that workout coz i thought it would be a good one)

well there not printed on that, that u can see lol

but say like i do 40 crunches lol , i do it in reps of 10 on 4 sets to make it upto 40 reps (sorry if that doesnt make sense)

my goals are relitively simple , i dont want to body build or anythin im not after bein masive with muscles coming out of everywer , i just want a better figure . thats why i focus on abs and shoulders and uppers arms lol

altho i seem to know now that its a horible workout routine :D

Michael (Dj) said:
My workouts last about 1 & half hours (im going off wot my dad tells me lol thats why i do that workout coz i thought it would be a good one)

well there not printed on that, that u can see lol

but say like i do 40 crunches lol , i do it in reps of 10 on 4 sets to make it upto 40 reps (sorry if that doesnt make sense)

my goals are relitively simple , i dont want to body build or anythin im not after bein masive with muscles coming out of everywer , i just want a better figure . thats why i focus on abs and shoulders and uppers arms lol

altho i seem to know now that its a horible workout routine :D

I know you don't want to get massive, but adding some muscle mass is going to improve your figure. Take me for example. I am by no stretch of the imagination massive, but I think I have a fairly well rounded figure.

Getting to be massive is not something that happens by accident. It requires smart training, and a massive amount of healthy eating. It also takes years.

So, I would classify you as a bodybuilder, but with a size limit in mind. That is totally acceptable. Check out my thread on designing a full body routine, as it appears that is what you prefer, and read the section about tailoring it to a bodybuilding routine:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=53106

CowPimp said:
I know you don't want to get massive, but adding some muscle mass is going to improve your figure. Take me for example. I am by no stretch of the imagination massive, but I think I have a fairly well rounded figure.

Getting to be massive is not something that happens by accident. It requires smart training, and a massive amount of healthy eating. It also takes years.

So, I would classify you as a bodybuilder, but with a size limit in mind. That is totally acceptable. Check out my thread on designing a full body routine, as it appears that is what you prefer, and read the section about tailoring it to a bodybuilding routine:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=53106

thanks a lot mate this is much apreciated :thumb:

Michael (Dj) said:
thanks a lot mate this is much apreciated :thumb:

No problem. You seem eager to make a positive change in your physique, and consequently your health and well being, and you also seem willing to learn. That is all you really need. Your head is definitely in the right place.

Good luck sir!

IML Gear Cream!
lol well i definitely am that !!

thx for the tips , i saw ur workout routine , just one question lol , is all that in one workout or does when it says "session 1 , 2, 3" ect.. mean u do it another day :S coz they REALLY dont seem like workout that i would even half break a sweat with :confused:

or dou not need to break a sweat lol , im sorry if i seem a little bit stupid lol im just tyn gather as many tips and as much info as possible

Michael (Dj) said:

thx for the tips , i saw ur workout routine , just one question lol , is all that in one workout or does when it says "session 1 , 2, 3" ect.. mean u do it another day :S coz they REALLY dont seem like workout that i would even half break a sweat with :confused:

or dou not need to break a sweat lol , im sorry if i seem a little bit stupid lol im just tyn gather as many tips and as much info as possible

Each workout is done on a separate day. I perform HIT style workouts. That is, I goto complete failure, and then perform a rest-pause set beyond that. I'm not talking about failure like most do. I mean, if I get stuck half way up on my last repetition of a squat, I sit there resisting the weight until it actually pushes me back against the rack, even if it takes 30 seconds. I usually have to lay on the floor in a pool of sweat for a minute after an exercise like the squat.

Most people perform higher volume workouts with less intensity. That is also perfectly acceptable. I have done that too. Whatever floats your boat. Like I said in the article about designing a full body routine, if you are using higher volume with lower intensity, then you should be performing 2-4 sets per movement as opposed to 1-2 like I do.

Michael (Dj) said:

If there is one thing to learn about training from this site, it is that more is not always better. Train smarter, not longer.

lol yeh sean thats wot i WAS !! lol doin , now i know difrent im gonna use the advice i got from cowpimp and try n use that smarter , and hopefully that should help me .

and i think i understand now cowpimp wot u mean in the post about training routines , im gonna see about using wot free weights i have and some of the techniques i know and incooperate them into a routine like ursmate , if thats ok by u lol , and do that for a bit and im gonna try to eat a lot more protien , eggs , meat ect... and a bit less rice and pasta coz thats wot av been eat a hell of a lot of and while iv been browsing the site iv noticed that protien is the best way (or is it) lol

anyway a just wanna thank cow pimp for all the really useful information av recieved while bein here , i mean iv only been here one day and i know much much more than i ever have before so a wanna say a big thx mate !!

hope this works now haha lol , am gonna post a lil training routine wot i draw up n see wot u lot think and see if any good

Heres wot iv drawn up (i hope this is better than wot i had before) iv done it according to wot i have access to , i have no fancy posh equipment u find at the gym YET lol , so i hope this is adequate for now (il also be doin at least 30 mins of runin for cardio a day )

I ALWAYS ALWAYS EVERYDAY do this stretch routine and have notice iv become VERY flexible compared to wot i was about 4 - 5 months ago lol , just wanna stress how good stretching is and how much it can benifit u !
Stretches

Neck Rotation
Doorway Arm Stretch
Wall Front Deltoid Stretch
Overhead Triceps Stretch
Praying Wrist Flexor Stretch
Single Arm Writ Extendor Stretch
Bent Over Lat Stretch
Bent Over Lat Stretch (Chair)
Upper Trapezious Stretch
BroomStick Stretch
Hands Behind Head
Kneeling Back Stretch
Pretzel Leg Stretch
Seated Hamstring Stretch needs the most stretching coz its not as flexible as most muscles) altho i can touch my toes now lol and i couldnt when i started out
Standing Hamstring Stretch
Standing Single Hamstring Stretch
Wall Straight Stretch

:::ALL 10 SECS EACH:::

Session 1

Squats - 2 x 10
Standing Military Press - 2 x 10
Bent Rows - 2 x 5
Crunches - 2 x 10
Twisted Crunches - 2 x 10

Session 2

Deadlifts - 2 x 5
Bench Press - 2 x 5
Chin Ups - 2 x 5
Leg Raises - 2 x 10
Side Bends - 1 x 20
Barbell Curls - 2 x 5

Session 3

Barbell Front Squats - 2 x 5
Barbell Behind Neck Press - 1 x 5
Single Arms Dumbell Rows - 2 x 10
Weight Plated Sit Ups - 2 x 25
Dumbell Curls - 2 x 10
Dumbell Kickback - 2 x 10

hope this is better than before lol
cheers for the advice guys VERY much apreciate this

wow how long did your 1st workout take you to get done?

Hey, your routine looks pretty good. You will probably have to push yourself quite a bit closer to failure than you were with your previous routine to reap the full benefits. I hope it gets you some good results. Keep us posted on your progress so we can help you break past any plateaus that you may reach.

Keep lifting, keep eating, and most importantly keep learning!

thanks a hell of a lot man am gonna take ur advice and see my results :D , am gonna be on here quite a lot as of late i found out loads of things i wanna learn as much as possible.

and to kenwood - my workout before took me about 1 - 1 n half hours , i could do it quite easily but thats becos my dad said we wer natuarally strong lol , but im defo gonna keep doin this new one n see how i go along

You also mentioned in your first post that you were stuck with free weights. Free weights are superior to other forms of exercise when it comes to developing a strong, functional physique. Just because they cost less doesn't mean a thing; the hype for machines is just that - hype, and it means nothing. I'm not saying they don't have their place for certain goals of certain people, but for all intents and purposes as far as I'm concerned, I won't even touch machines.

Squaggleboggin said:
You also mentioned in your first post that you were stuck with free weights. Free weights are superior to other forms of exercise when it comes to developing a strong, functional physique. Just because they cost less doesn't mean a thing; the hype for machines is just that - hype, and it means nothing. I'm not saying they don't have their place for certain goals of certain people, but for all intents and purposes as far as I'm concerned, I won't even touch machines.

Damned straight. Not to mention the perks of working out at home. I miss squatting without a shirt or shoes and blasting freakin' folk music if I felt like it.

IML Gear Cream!
lol , am glad to hear that , so it seems i have everythin il need to succeed anyway :D

i got the tools n the dedication (thats unmatched lol) yay !! hopfully il see the benifits more soon

Michael (Dj) said:
lol , am glad to hear that , so it seems i have everythin il need to succeed anyway :D

i got the tools n the dedication (thats unmatched lol) yay !! hopfully il see the benifits more soon

Really focus on your diet. I can pretty much pack on mass doing any competent protocol, as long as I make sure I'm eating enough healthy food.

well my diet consist of a lot of fresh juice
(orange , pineapple , apple) also i like to get smoothies which are PACKED with fruit

as for food , i like to eat rice quite a lot (is this good?)
fresh vegatables (steamed) whole wheat foods such as erm , (shreded wheat , or somethin along them lines)
usually eat them with semi skimmed milk

a do eat loads more diferent things but i havent got the time to type them all down lol

i just want to know is this ok ?

I'm not expert when it comes to nutrition, so check out the nutrition section of the forum for advice on that. However, I'd say to drink only water and maybe skim milk. Juice, as far as I know, has almost as much sugar as pop does, so it's really not that good for you. Make sure you eat tons and tons of protein of course, and try to eat six small meals a day. If you change just those things, you should be well on your way. The easiest thing is to take many baby steps and your whole diet will be changed completely before you know it. Good luck. :)

Squaggleboggin said:
I'm not expert when it comes to nutrition, so check out the nutrition section of the forum for advice on that. However, I'd say to drink only water and maybe skim milk. Juice, as far as I know, has almost as much sugar as pop does, so it's really not that good for you. Make sure you eat tons and tons of protein of course, and try to eat six small meals a day. If you change just those things, you should be well on your way. The easiest thing is to take many baby steps and your whole diet will be changed completely before you know it. Good luck. :)

The sugar in fruit is not the same as the sugar in soda. Furthermore, juice and fruit contain phytonutrients up the ying yang. I definitely recommend getting at least a serving or two of fruit in each day. The only time juice might be an issue is when you are trying to cut to BB competition bodyfat levels. I can get to single digit territory just fine eating fruit and drinking juice myself.

well thats great advice from both of u guys cheers for that

a think il use both ur advice and just cut down coz am drinkin about a litre of juice a day
and al see if i can sort myself out with 6 small meals everyday

thx again guys :thumb:

Michael (Dj) said:
well thats great advice from both of u guys cheers for that

a think il use both ur advice and just cut down coz am drinkin about a litre of juice a day
and al see if i can sort myself out with 6 small meals everyday

thx again guys :thumb:

I would say that's a good idea. Just try to replace some of the carbs you would be getting from juice with sources of complex carbs:

Brown rice, barley, oats, lentils, chana dal, whole wheat pita, whole wheat bread, etc.

Back