• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

partial reps for size and strength?

kenwood

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
is partial reps good for size and strength?

some say yes because of overloading and such, some say no because of limited rom. i say stick to heavy weights with full rom..

would you think i could make any gains if i tried it?

at your age....i would suggest sticking to compound movements using full rom... these years right now will be experience and learning your body and self... use partials every once in a while just to switch it up

i have never done partials before do you think i could do them for a week, then go back to my normal workout?

Partial reps are only good for weak spots when it comes to strength.

If chest is my weak point in the bench press, rack lockouts would be pretty worthless for me.

Partials are good for strengthening part of an entire movement, as Mudge said.

Rack lockouts are where you set pins in a rack to just below the point at which you fail on a maximum effort bench press. Your press extremely heavy weights (Above your full bench press maximum) from this point to develop strength at that joint angle.

do you think i can try it?

i'm goin to do it ans should i go heavy as hell or what? your right PT if i'm goin to do it i might aswell stick with it for about a month or so

kenwood said:
i'm goin to do it ans should i go heavy as hell or what? your right PT if i'm goin to do it i might aswell stick with it for about a month or so
Hang in there andI'll send you the ebook on that training. remaind me to do this Sun by either email or PM

PT

partial reps are crap for hypertrophy

LexusGS said:
@mudge: what are rack lockouts?

I can explain if you desire, but without competing as a shirted bencher there is no reason for you to bother with them IMO.

Back