• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My Workout - help me to adapt!

krisshaw

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you read my other post you would have seen that im building muscle but i also have lot of fat around the waist
see photos:
http://www.digispit.com/1a.jpg
http://www.digispit.com/1b.jpg
http://www.digispit.com/1c.jpg

MY AIM : To lose the fat from the waist to tighten it up and just lower body fat % overall, but also to continue building muscles or at least keep them how they are.

Here is my current workout,

Day1 - Arms workout
Day2- Chest and Abs
Day3 - off
Day4 - Back and Shoulders
Day5 - Cardio
Day6 - Legs and Abs

(ultimate training :) no more than 9 sets a day, between 4-6 (with weights that give at least 4 but no more than 6 reps)

(ive only been wokring out for 5 weeks)

Please have a look at my workout and gve me some pointers to help me reach my aim! Thanks

You really don't have that much fat on you. I would focus on building muscle for the time being. Layout your routine for us so we can offer a better critique of it. The split looks fine to me, but exercise choice and volume is important, especially when you're just starting.

2-3 mins rest between each set of reps throughout

Day1 - Arms workout

Concentration Curls - 3 x sets of 4-6 reps
Alternate dumbbel curls - 3 x sets of 4-6 reps
Preacher incline curls - 3 x sets of 4-6 reps
Triceps Pull Down - 4 x sets of 4-6 reps
Lowering weight behind head from high above for triceps (not sure whats its name is) - 4 x sets of 4-6 reps

Day2- Chest and Abs

Bench Press - 3 x sets of 4-6 reps
Incline Bench Press - 2 x sets of 4-6 reps
Fixed Weight Machine work for chests - 2 x sets of 4-6 reps
Dumbell Flyes - 2 x sets of 4-6 reps
Crunches and Reverse Crunches (2 sets of 25 for each)

Day3 - off

Day4 - Back and Shoulders

Lateral Pull Downs- 3 x sets of 4-6 reps
Cable Pull - 3 x sets of 4 - 6 reps
One-armed dumbell row - 3x sets of 4-6 reps
Seated military press - 3x sets of 4-6 reps
Alternate dumbell raised - 3x sets of 4-6 reps
A few sets of reps on fixed weight machines

Day5 - Cardio
20 mins running
20 mins stationary bike
20 mins rowing machine
10 mins elliptical

Day6 - Legs and Abs
Fixed weight machines working at back and front leg muscles.
3 machines - 1 for front muscles (4x sets of 4-6 reps),
1 for back muscles (4x sets of 4-6 reps), and 1 for both sets (4x sets of 4-6 reps),
Crunches and Reverse Crunches (2 sets of 25 for each)

Hows that lookng? Im hoping to build my frame, bigger arms and chests (theres nothing on my chests). Anythng i can do to work on my wings? (thts what i call them, i think you call them "traps" lol)

Thanks!

You're lacking some of the real big compound exercises that really help develop a balanced physique in terms of strength and asthetics. This is really important for a beginner.

Let's start with leg day. You have no free weight exercises. As a beginner, you should be doing almost purely freeweight exercises. Pick two movements for quad-dominant exercises (Back squats, front squats, Bulgarian squats, lunges, etc.) and two movements for hamstring dominant exercises (Deadlifts, stiff-legged deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, good mornings, glute ham raises, etc.).

My suggestion would be the following:
Back squats x 3
Deadlifts x 3
Front squats x 3
Glute ham raises x 3

You also need more freeweight movements on back/shoulder day. Pick two horizontal (Bent rows, Yate's rows, one-arm rows, DB rows, etc.) and two vertical pulling movements (Pullups, chinups, pulldowns, etc.). Pick a vertical pressing movement for the anterior delts (Military press, DB press, Arnold press, etc.), a movement for the lateral delts (Upright rows, DB lateral raises, cable lateral raises, etc.), and a movement for the posterior delts (Perpendicular rows, face pulls, reverse flys, etc.).

My suggestion would be the following:
Bent rows x 3
Pullups x 3
One-arm DB rows x 2
Pulldowns x 2
Military press x 3
Upright rows x 2
Perpendicular DB rows x 2

Chest day looks okay, but I would still stick to the freeweight movements: decline, incline, and flat presses using a combination of dumbbells and barbells. Dips are also good.

This would be my choice:
Bench press x 3
Decline Press x 3
Incilne Press x 3

Arms day, ugh. As a beginner, I don't think you should be wasting your time with an entire day devoted to arms, but so be it. It looks fine I suppose, although I prefer less volume for my arms.

I also highly suggest you consider checking out my article on full body routines. I think full body routines are a great way for a beginner to enter the world of resistance training:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=53106

yeah i also suggest checkin cowpimp's article it has great information and the last couple of days cowpimp has helped me with a great routine/split....thanks a bunch cowpimp:thumb:

Back