• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doctors Use Euthanasia on trapped patients

kbm8795

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This one may end up as a peripheral scandal - faced with no power, dwindling supplies, threatening gangs and uncertain evacuation, some doctors practiced euthanasia on dying patients in New Orleans during the disaster.

This from the Daily Telegraph, Sydney. . .

Patients put down
September 12, 2005

DOCTORS working in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans killed critically ill patients rather than leave them to die in agony as they evacuated.

With gangs of rapists and looters rampaging through wards in the flooded city, senior doctors took the harrowing decision to give massive overdoses of morphine to those they believed could not make it out alive.

One New Orleans doctor told how she "prayed for God to have mercy on her soul" after she ignored every tenet of medical ethics and ended the lives of patients she had earlier fought to save.

Her heart-rending account has been corroborated by a hospital orderly and by local government officials.

One emergency official, William Forest McQueen, said: "Those who had no chance of making it were given a lot of morphine and lain down in a dark place to die."

- more at:

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,16566858-5001022,00.html

i'd be skeptical of this one.

yea, how is it this is reported in sydney? smells fishy

Vieope said:
I agree with the doctors. You dont?

I probably would. . .but it's going to be interesting. That story, if true (reported in UK papers too) also says it violates Louisiana law. But an interesting scenario - what do you do in that kind of situation?

kbm8795 said:
I probably would. . .but it's going to be interesting. That story, if true (reported in UK papers too) also says it violates Louisiana law. But an interesting scenario - what do you do in that kind of situation?

You let the people suffer and die a slow painful death, that way you dont go to prison.

If i where going to die a slow painful death id rather get it over with. Its shitty when a bunch redneck bible huggers (and im not saying im not religious) fight over what should happen to you even though its probably not what you would have wanted (chough:terryshiavo

bio-chem said:
yea, how is it this is reported in sydney? smells fishy

Well, there are foreign journalists filing stories on New Orleans. The British press has run interviews with their own trapped tourists. . .and I don't think foreign press are prohibited from covering angles on this story.

PreMier said:
You let the people suffer and die a slow painful death, that way you dont go to prison.
is drowning in sludge water slow and painful?

Nice widening of the topic and flame-baiting.
gold_star.gif
gold_star.gif

IML Gear Cream!
Have to hear the entire story on this one before I can rush to judgement :hmmm:

bio-chem said:

Wouldnt doubt if it is. The fucked up thing about this is the doctors who did what was right will probably get in trouble for it.

ForemanRules said:
Have to hear the entire story on this one before I can rush to judgement :hmmm:

So what do they teach you in nursing school about something like this? You should haul that article in and make the prof talk about it. . . :laugh:

Heck - my students have me pull up Crooks and Liars clips for them to start out their day. . .

Vieope said:
I agree with the doctors. You dont?

So its ok to end someone elses life but not to save your own, hmmmmmm. Interesting viewpoint, you have me captivated.

bio-chem said:

Faster than the diseases floating in it making its way into open wounds.

kbm8795 said:
So what do they teach you in nursing school about something like this? You should haul that article in and make the prof talk about it. . . :laugh:

Heck - my students have me pull up Crooks and Liars clips for them to start out their day. . .
Most of the Nurses I know are all for Euthanasia. Work around the terminally ill and ignored for a few years and its easy to feel this way...

bio-chem said:
No it feels great, I have died this way many times and enjoyed it every time.

Power exchange freak, no doubt.

IML Gear Cream!
They have already had casualties from exposure to the toxic chemicals in that water. . .and I've seen one report where four search-and-rescue dogs have died already as well.

Is it entirely possible that part of this city may become uninhabitable for a very long period of time? It seems like some of that residue/toxins may not break down easily when it has saturated the soil or the grass and trees.

kbm8795 said:
They have already had casualties from exposure to the toxic chemicals in that water. . .and I've seen one report where four search-and-rescue dogs have died already as well.

Is it entirely possible that part of this city may become uninhabitable for a very long period of time? It seems like some of that residue/toxins may not break down easily when it has saturated the soil or the grass and trees.
They can alway's rename it New New Jersey.

Back