• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ok, Time for a change!

andyo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all, since noone at BB.com would answer me, I'll try this again!

Ok all, I usually have no probs coming up with a good overall Periodized program, but I am at a loss here.

Believe it or not, I over-periodized this program I am on currently due to the intense cardiovascular endurance that was required, This is what I've been doing:

Days training: 6
Day One AM: 40 M Cardio Circuit Training/ABS/LB
PM: 20 Min Light Cardio

DAY 2: 40 Min Cardio Circuit
Chest/Back/Abs
:rocker: :thumb: :hmmm:
DAY 3: 30 Min Cardio Bracket Overall goal:
ABS/Flexibility Increase Cardiov output
Lean Out
Day four: Repeat Day One Dec BF/Maintain LBM

Day Five: Repeat Day 2

Day Six: Legs/LB/Abs
40 min cardio light

For the next 8 weeks: My goal is to increase strength, cut back on the cardio so much as well as the intensity, yet still maintain my cuts/leanness.

Following this 8 weeks, I have already outlined a Hypertrophy training program for the winter for 16 weeks.

Any input would help

It sounds like you know what you need to do. Cut back on the cardio a little bit and focus on lifting fairly heavy (3-8 repetitions) so that you can also increase your neurological efficiency and maybe gain some strength while you maintain.

CowPimp said:
It sounds like you know what you need to do. Cut back on the cardio a little bit and focus on lifting fairly heavy (3-8 repetitions) so that you can also increase your neurological efficiency and maybe gain some strength while you maintain.
Do you think with alot of cardio ( like a 10k runner) doing low reps is better for legs ( 3-8) than high reps 12-15???

ForemanRules said:
Do you think with alot of cardio ( like a 10k runner) doing low reps is better for legs ( 3-8) than high reps 12-15???

Well, lower reps are generally better for strength gains without hypertrophy. He was saying he wanted to increase strength while maintaining his body weight.

CowPimp said:
Well, lower reps are generally better for strength gains without hypertrophy. He was saying he wanted to increase strength while maintaining his body weight.
Actually I was wondering about it for my workout, I run 3 times a week and have been doing high rep squats, but wondered if low was better since I run so much.

ForemanRules said:
Actually I was wondering about it for my workout, I run 3 times a week and have been doing high rep squats, but wondered if low was better since I run so much.

If I remember right, you just want a maintenance routine for your legs, no? It's going to be hard for you to gain strength at any rep range without inducing growth if you are eating beyond maintenance calories.

all I see is a week plan? Were is the periodization? Someone said 10K runner also. Are you running a 10K? Is that what you are training towards? It looks like a lot of cardio to me, which is fine if that is your goal. I would change some things around if you are trying to periodize to a specific event (10K) or even add more LBM (lower some cardio).

Depends on your goals and what these 20 rep squats look like. Meaning, are these 3 sets of 20 rep squats with a moderately heavy weight. Or are these breathing squats (20 reps with your 10RM rest pausing the whole way until you get there)? Personally, I prefer to squat for reps then squat for 1-3 rep sets.

Well, the small term periodization is the 8 week interim to the 16 week period.

I am just getting sick of so much cardio and not alot of weight training.

So let me get this right, 3-9 reps per set with fairly heavy weights?

This is what I have in mind:

Day One: AM-40 min HIIT
pm:20 min cardio

Day Two: Pre-wkout: 15 min hard run on incline tread
Chest/Triceps/Abs/LB

Day Three: AM: 45 min mod intensity cardio
Abs/Stretch

Day Four: Pre-Wkou: 15 min hard run on incline tread
Back/Biceps/Abs

Day Five: AM: 45 Min mod int cardio
ABS

Day Six: Pre-Wk: 15 min hard run on tread
Legs/LB/Delts/Traps/Abs

Seven: OFF/

Suggestions?

still a lot of cardio. When you are saying 8 week interim.....where are your rep and set ranges? What type of periodization are you following? What are you doing after the 8 week interim? Are you going to load volume, decrease it and then increase intensity? Linear periodization? undulating periodization? adaptaion/intensification? wave loading? fitness-fatigue model?

IML Gear Cream!
If all you want to do is maintain your weight and cardiovascular conditioning, but at the same time gain strength, then just do some light-moderate intensity cardio for 30 minutes 2-3 days per week. Although I'm probably not quite as conditioned as you, I maintain my cardiovascular endurance jogging for 30 minutes 2 day per week.

In terms of weight, lift fairly heavy and progressively so that you stand a chance of gaining strength without gaining muscle mass. I would stick primarily in the 4-6 range, but go a little heavier on occasion and then cycle in lighter weights afterwards to let your CNS fully recover.

It sounds like to me it would be a decrease in intensity, with increased load volume, does that sound right at all?

andyo said:
It sounds like to me it would be a decrease in intensity, with increased load volume, does that sound right at all?

why would you decrease the intensity though? You are attempting to add strength! Why take the time to build strength (using greater intensity) only to set yourself back by decreasing it.

I would go with an undulating model to improve overall fitness. Since you are only training three days a week you do upper/lower split or total body and then perform your cardio on off days (inbetween days).

P-funk said:
I would go with an undulating model to improve overall fitness. Since you are only training three days a week you do upper/lower split or total body and then perform your cardio on off days (inbetween days).

I know my situation seems strange....but here is why I want to increase overall strength and not mass,

I am an actor, a mesomorph and tend to gain weight pretty simply. But I have to look like my shots so when I go I am not a fat blob.

But I am actually training 6 days per week, but am considering cutting it down to 4 or 5.

I appreciate all the help,..more suggestions?

Just lift hard and heavy, but eat maintenance level calories.

I am an actor, a mesomorph and tend to gain weight pretty simply. But I have to look like my shots so when I go I am not a fat blob.

how will weight training make you look like a fat slob? Looking like a fat slob is in your diet. Just lift and eat well and you should be fine.

Ok everyone this is what I've figured out:

DIET

On weight training days (Mon/wed/Fri) I eat pre-workout,
On cardio days I only take Glutamine pre-wkout

SUPPLEMENT STACK
ISOPURE
DYMA-LEAN MRP
Neurostim by Scivation
Xtend by Scivation
Sesamin by Scivation
Rev XP by SportPharma

MEAL ONE:
1/2 C Oats
3 egg whites + 1 whole egg
N-STIM
REV
Xtend 1 scoop
10 oz water

MEAL TWO:
1/2 C Brown Rice
2 tblsp Salsa
1-4 oz chicken breast
10 oz water
1 sesamin cap

MEAL THREE:
1 sweet potato large
4 tblsp ketchup
1 small round steak 4 oz
10 oz water
1 sesamin cap TOTALS: FAT: 45g (TOO MUCH?)
XTEND 1 scoop PROTEINS: 161g
N-STIM 2 scoops CARBS: 92g
TOTAL: 1417 per day
MEAL FOUR:
DYMA-LEAN MRP
2 tblsp Heavy Cream MAN! That's still awfully low to me.
2 scoops XTEND
10 oz water

MEAL FIVE: 1.5 sc whey ISOPURE
I cap total EFA's
1 sesamin cap
10 oz Ice/water

WORKOUT PROGRAM:
SUNDAY:
40 min cardio
10 min HIIT 30 sec hard/30 soft intervals
20 min Stairmaster
10 min eliptical
ABS/LB FLEXIBILITY TRAINING

PM: 20 MIN BIKE

MONDAY:
CHEST/TRI/ABS
20 MIN FLUSH Low-Intensity run on tread

TUES:
45 Min Low intensity cardio wake-up pre-work
Stretch/Lower Back

WEDNESDAY:
BACK/BICEPS/ABS/FLEXIBILITY TRAINING
20 MIN FLUSH RUN

THURSDAY:
Repeat Day three

FRIDAY:
LEGS/DELTS/TIBIALIS/ABS/FLEXIBILITY EXTENDED SESSION
20 MIN FLUSH RUN ON TREAD

So far so good.
Muscle Memory sure is a blessing man, I am very strong on my lifts and am improving each week like I should. Rep ranges are in the 5-7 range for the most part but on the heaviest lifts about 2-4 reps.

Will let you all know how the rest is coming along.
I will continue this up to around New Years, then I'll change it up a bit.
:bulb: :thumb:

Back