• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What is the hardest sport?

What is the hardest sport?

• Football

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Baseball

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Basketball

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Boxing

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

god hand

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I think its boxing then football

Hmmm. I voted without really thinking about what you meant. By "hardest" I think you meant, hardest to play and stay healthy. That is how I voted. I choose football. They get their asses kicked every Sunday. Boxing is tuff sport. You just keep getting knocked in the head. In football you get all sorts of injuries.

Well as far as being fit I would go with boxing, I played all sports and Boxing by far is the hardest.
You can't just sit down and let a replacement fill in for you and you just can't coast like in Soccer or basketball.

Nothing harder than walking into a ring and punching it out for 12 rounds......no team to help or rely on....its all you. Boxing requires: endurance, speed, skill, quickness, strength, incredible toughness, eye hand coordination and the ability to preform when exhausted and getting punched 200 times in 3 min......no other sport even comes close.

I would have to go with wrestling, the real kind, although boxing would be a close second. The only reason I put it second is because most fighters take at least 4 months off before climbing back into the ring and a wrestler will typically wrestle 4-5 times in a tournament, then go back a week or 2 more and do the same thing.

I always wish I would have tried boxing though, it is prolly my favorite sport to watch. Any time ESPN classic has an Ali fight on, I am sure to catch it.

Out of your choices...

The clear winner is BOXING...

In none of those other sports do you have to train
7-8 months for a 30-45 minute fight

Quote from Burgess Meredith...

"For a forty five minute fight... You gotta train, forty five TOUSAND minutes!"

Dale Mabry said:
I would have to go with wrestling, the real kind, although boxing would be a close second. The only reason I put it second is because most fighters take at least 4 months off before climbing back into the ring and a wrestler will typically wrestle 4-5 times in a tournament, then go back a week or 2 more and do the same thing.

I always wish I would have tried boxing though, it is prolly my favorite sport to watch. Any time ESPN classic has an Ali fight on, I am sure to catch it.
I have done both. Wrestling was a bitch......in 3 rounds yes it is as hard as boxing. But the real difference is that in Boxing as an armature and new pro you are fighting every month and many fight every week or every other week. Plus when your tired you are getting punched in the face, stomach , back, arms ect.

Going hard for 3 rounds in wrestling is very hard....going 10 rounds while getting punched is a whole different thing :lick:

ForemanRules said:
I have done both. Wrestling was a bitch......in 3 rounds yes it is as hard as boxing. But the real difference is that in Boxing as an armature and new pro you are fighting every month and many fight every week or every other week. Plus when your tired you are getting punched in the face, stomach , back, arms ect.

Going hard for 3 rounds in wrestling is very hard....going 10 rounds while getting punched is a whole different thing :lick:

I guess if you are doing it more often, like once or twice a month, it would be harder. Aren't amatuer fights shorter though, or is that just Olympic fights?

Anybody can get up and play football, basketball, and baseball, but when comes to boxing, if you dont have stamina youve already lost.

Dale Mabry said:
I guess if you are doing it more often, like once or twice a month, it would be harder. Aren't amatuer fights shorter though, or is that just Olympic fights?
Amateur contests consist of three rounds; professional bouts may consist of up to 12 rounds.

god hand said:
Anybody can get up and play football, basketball, and baseball, but when comes to boxing, if you dont have stamina youve already lost.

This is not correct.

In terms of skill I would say Basketball (of your choices) Anyone with the desire, and I know that is along shot, can be taught to box. But not everyone can play the game of basketball and do it well. Sure anyone can stumble around on the floor. But to truely be great it takes a phenomenal athlete. Micheal Jordan is the obvious example. The hardest sport as far as skill is concerned is Baseball! I know it isn't on your list though.

devildog88 said:
In terms of skill I would say Basketball (of your choices) Anyone with the desire, and I know that is along shot, can be taught to box. But not everyone can play the game of basketball and do it well. Sure anyone can stumble around on the floor. But to truely be great it takes a phenomenal athlete. Micheal Jordan is the obvious example. The hardest sport as far as skill is concerned is Baseball! I know it isn't on your list though.

If we are basing it off that comparison, Then I would say Hockey

IainDaniel said:
If we are basing it off that comparison, Then I would say Hockey

hockey is incredibly difficult in terms of skill, agility, stamina, speed, strength, etc.....World Strongman is also an increbly hard sport that encompasses all of those things. In reality no sport is easy. If they were easy everyone would be a pro.

Hitting a 90mph baseball is pretty damn hard. I think mma is the hardest because it entails all aspects of fighting

Golf...

That little fucking ball is a pain in my ass!

That is the wrong hole you are aiming for.

bigss75 said:
that actually might be the hardest thing to do. :thumb:
Taking a 90mph punch in the face by a 6 foot 6 inch 255lb Pro boxer and not falling down is much harder IMO.

Yeah, I might have to go with hockey as well, that shit is hard.

I still say boxing, your hands get so tired and heavy it's no joke. Then getting hit in the stomache takes alot out of you.
I used to be able to hit 90 mph in a cage in my early 20's I tried it again in my 30's I was laughed out of the cage by my friends.

I can still play basketball and football but I am alot slower but I still haven't lost much, but in baseball it's weird how much I lost in skills.
I used to be able to judge a ball hit to the outfield now what looks like a pop fly is actually a liner over my head.

min0 lee said:
I still say boxing, your hands get so tired and heavy it's no joke. Then getting hit in the stomache takes alot out of you.
I used to be able to hit 90 mph in a cage in my early 20's I tried it again in my 30's I was laughed out of the cage by my friends.

I can still play basketball and football but I am alot slower but I still haven't lost much, but in baseball it's weird how much I lost in skills.
I used to be able to judge a ball hit to the outfield now what looks like a pop fly is actually a liner over my head.

:( ...

... Old.

The only sport that can compete with boxing is muy tai and that type of thing. At least in muy tai the loser only has to go a few rounds before knockout (usually). Boxing just keeps going.

Back