• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Workout hard + Eat = Never ending sleepiness

themamasan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I don't know about you guys, but for the last several months I have been extremely tired the days following a workout. I have made the best gains in strength these last months, but I am constantly tired. I get a solid 9 hours of sleep, but feels like I have been up all night. :confused:

I literally can sleep after every meal I eat, which is 5-6 a day, and the only time I am not sleepy, is during my workouts.

Also, for the first time in my life I have a "desk" job, and staying awake is my biggest challenge. I think it is because I am border-line anemic, but I have never been this tired in my life.

:zzz:

How old are you? I would assume that you are growing...

BigDyl said:
How old are you? I would assume that you are growing...

3 weeks till I turn 29.

themamasan said:
I literally can sleep after every meal I eat, which is 5-6 a day, and the only time I am not sleepy, is during my workouts.

are your meals balanced or high in carbs ? sounds like maybe your body is having trouble with glucose metabolism

LAM said:
are your meals balanced or high in carbs ? sounds like maybe your body is having trouble with glucose metabolism

Usually Bagels, Oatmeal, Protein Shakes for breakfast
Sandwiches as mid day lunches
Chicken breast and rice for dinner
Protein shake, pb&j or chicken sandwich for post workout meal before bedtime.

I have been staying away from Cheeseburgers, pizza, etc meals for a while now trying to avoid heavy fats and carbs.

I have noticed it is when I am sitting still the sleepiness hits me very quick. As long as I am doing something active I feel great, but as soon as I relax then..... :zzz:

themamasan said:
I don't know about you guys, but for the last several months I have been extremely tired the days following a workout. I have made the best gains in strength these last months, but I am constantly tired. I get a solid 9 hours of sleep, but feels like I have been up all night. :confused:

Also, for the first time in my life I have a "desk" job, and staying awake is my biggest challenge. I think it is because I am border-line anemic, but I have never been this tired in my life.

:zzz:

damn, must be nice not to work or go to school or do anything but sleep and workout and eat :(. I wish I could fall asleep after each meal.. Stupid 8hrs of work

Wow! I have been having the exact same problem. What gives?

J

I find being in shape and working out EOD has done the opposite. I sleep maybe 5 hours a night now and at least once a week I don't need to sleep at all. Weird but I feel great.

ForemanRules said:
I find being in shape and working out EOD has done the opposite. I sleep maybe 5 hours a night now and at least once a week I don't need to sleep at all. Weird but I feel great.

Myself, I have no been able to sleep well lately. I know I sleep because I can remebers dreaming, but it's a very light sleep. Right now I have purple under my eyes. :(

BigDyl said:
Myself, I have no been able to sleep well lately. I know I sleep because I can remebers dreaming, but it's a very light sleep. Right now I have purple under my eyes. :(

have you tried quitting heroine? them purple under your eyes aint just from lack of sleep :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
I often only get 5 hours of sleep a night with no naps during the day and I do fine, even during workouts.

juggernaut2005 said:
have you tried quitting heroine? them purple under your eyes aint just from lack of sleep :thumb:

I can't stop... Ahhhh! there bugs on me.. :(

Actually, on friday night, i sleep like 9-10 hours, I'm still tired and could sleep like 16. I do this on the weekends. My sleep has been ok for a while on the week days, 7 hours maybe. But this week I had a bit of anxiety because there is some girl I like. :(

juggernaut2005 said:
damn, must be nice not to work or go to school or do anything but sleep and workout and eat :(. I wish I could fall asleep after each meal.. Stupid 8hrs of work

I am done with school and I work 50-55 hours a week. I don't sleep after every meal, but I could given the opportunity...I am sorry you misunderstood. :hmmm:

E/C/A gets me through those tired times at work. If you're not taking something that causes lethargy, you may want to get a checkup. Have some blood drawn if this persists.

ATOMSPLTR said:
E/C/A gets me through those tired times at work. If you're not taking something that causes lethargy, you may want to get a checkup. Have some blood drawn if this persists.

E/C/A? What is that?

This happens to me too. Just out of curiosity...Do you do cardio?

CancerNV said:
This happens to me too. Just out of curiosity...Do you do cardio?

I do cardio about once every 3 months....so no.

Back