• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Middle aged - new to Forums

SixtiesKid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey folks,

I am a 44 year old man returning to moderate weight lifting after 15 years off.

From beginning in my late twenties with a cold flexed right arm measurement of 14" at my smallest, I ended with a measurement of 15 + 7/8 " at my biggest. The majority of that gain happened in about a year.

I bought two 40 lb dumbbells for curling and a 45 for triceps last week, and have gone from just under 15" (rt arm again) to 15.25 in 4 workouts.

I guess muscle does have memory, and I like the initial gains, but I'm wondering how long it could take to break the 16" mark, something I came close to all those years ago, but never broke through.

I am 5' 10 + 3/4 " and weigh 187.

Also, given my stats, what might be the best I could hope to achieve in upper arm size? The distance between bicep insertion point and forearm is a little more than an inch.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

All hippies are welcome here

SixtiesKid said:
Thanks,

Any advice?
I'm 38 and just started back 4 months ago after a 3 year lay off, my advise is just try to make it a habit again. The most important thing is frequency....don't skip workouts and just take it day by day.

Post your workout.......do you go to a gym???? if not you need to join one right away.

Read the online journals for workout tips and programs

Thanks,

My "home office" is where I work out for now, but am thinking about joining the Y.

I'll post gains and pics down the road.

my back pose is better than urs :p

IML Gear Cream!
Workouts at the Y going well. Hardly resting between sets. Right arm now 15.5" cold flexed. New pics when I get to 16".

Welcome!

I won't Min0 - I'm just in the easy phase of regaining what I lost.

Thanks dg806.

Welcome aboard!

hallo1zp.gif

Thanks Pylon. Looks like you've been getting serious.

Hey min0.

IML Gear Cream!
welcome to IM.

Back