• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why do fans want older players past their prime to retire?

CancerNV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Am I the only one who thinks doing what you love and getting paid for it is OK? Jerry Rice is still the greatest receiver of all time even though the past 5 years have been ho hum.

old men shouldnt play sports! esp when they are 3rd or 4th string

CancerNV said:
Am I the only one who thinks doing what you love and getting paid for it is OK? Jerry Rice is still the greatest receiver of all time even though the past 5 years have been ho hum.

Yes, he's the greatest receive to have ever played the game, but that's in the past. He's not the greatest CURRENT player. As much as I hate Owens and Moss, they're the NOW receivers. Jerry had his time, now he needs to step aside gracefully and let the next generation have their time.

because he is making a fool of himself now.../jerry was great during the 80s and early-mid 90s but now he should leave it to the young guys who can take the hits and make the catches and are faster than him

Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls was the BEST. Wins 3... leaves, returns & wins another 3. He even nailed the last shot to win the sixth title. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

His return to the Wizards was pretty bad.

busyLivin said:
Jordan's second retirement from the Bulls was the BEST. Wins 3... leaves, returns & wins another 3. He even nailed the last shot to win the sixth title. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

His return to the Wizards was pretty bad.
No offense but are you people all morons?

Jerry Rice was still good enough to be the number 4 reciever on the Broncos right? He loves the game AND he loves the money. I think its pathetic how fans care about their prime. Dont call Jerry Rice an embaresment at number 4 to the number 5 reciever on the depth chart. I respect his love for the game.

Oh and MJ was still an awsome player when he played his last season for the Wizards. What did he average like 18 pts a game? Yea real pathetic.:rolleyes:

CancerNV said:
Oh and MJ was still an awsome player when he played his last season for the Wizards. What did he average like 18 pts a game? Yea real pathetic.:rolleyes:

I didn't say pathetic, but there is no dispute that his second retirement would have been the best. It had a storybook ending to a storybook career.

Besides, he was always a Bull. To go out as a Wizard was even more of a disappointment.

busyLivin said:
I didn't say pathetic, but there is no dispute that his second retirement would have been the best. It had a storybook ending to a storybook career.

Besides, he was always a Bull. To go out as a Wizard was even more of a disappointment.
Why do we care how another mans career ends? He loved the game of basketball. He enjoyed making money. Why do most fans have the need for a "storybook" ending?

CancerNV said:
Why do we care how another mans career ends? He loved the game of basketball. He enjoyed making money. Why do most fans have the need for a "storybook" ending?

Hey...it's his life: he can do whatever he wants. He always spouted off about leaving on top. I just think his legacy would have been that much greater if he left after nailing the shot to give the Bulls their six championship.

Why the storybook ending? Because he is an icon. He owed it to himself. (In my opinion)

IML Gear Cream!
busyLivin said:
Why the storybook ending? Because he is an icon. He owed it to himself. (In my opinion)
What matters: The love for the game.
Money

What doesnt matter: Storybook endings.

Let the man live his life the way he wants to live it and screw your molested expectations of how an "icon" should go out.

CancerNV said:
What matters: The love for the game.
Money

What doesnt matter: Storybook endings.

Let the man live his life the way he wants to live it and screw your molested expectations of how an "icon" should go out.

:confused:

Yeah, you heard him, molested.

Back