• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Black Pepper Unhealthy?

TrojanMan60563

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A friend told me that he read black pepper is bad for the prostate so men should limit the use of it. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I told him I thought he was full of shyt. Thanks guys/girls!

Never heard that. It can help burn calories.

I pepper most things that I eat so when he told me this I was shocked and quick to call BS. I just want to get the opinions of everyone here.

I have never heard that either.

I took this out of a Q and A from a powerful approach to prostate health

Q:What are some foods to improve prostate health?

A: For prostate health, a diet of warm, cooked, easily digestible, light yet nourishing foods are best. Organic vegetables cooked in mild spices, whole grains, light proteins such as mung dhal soups, and sweet, juicy fruits will nourish the body and pacify all three doshas.

It's important to cook with mild spices that improve digestion, burn away ama, and pacify Vata dosha, but don't create heat in the blood tissue. Include a mixture of fennel, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, and small amounts of turmeric (see recipe in box). Small amounts of black pepper and small amounts of fresh ginger also are healthy for maintaining prostate health and balance.

You may think that just adding these spices to your diet may not be that significant, but they are very powerful. Let me just explain a small amount of research on these common spices.

Turmeric is strongly anti-inflammatory, and intensifies the anti-cancer activity of other phyto-nutrients. Ginger and turmeric both have been found to have cancer-preventing qualities. Turmeric is one of nature's most powerful antioxidants, has more DNA protective qualities than Vitamin E and betacarotene. It helps clear away amavisha, the breeding ground of free radicals, thus supporting the liver in its effort to clear itself of free radicals. By stopping the production of ama and amavisha, it balances Ranjaka Pitta, thus purifying the blood and urine.

Black pepper is another common spice whose effects in the diet have been well documented. Research published in Cancer Letter in the August 16, 1993 issue reported that 20 days after adding black pepper to the diet, the subjects' liver detoxification systems were strengthened, aiding in purification of the blood tissue and enhancing the overall immune system.

The mixture of black pepper, long pepper and ginger (trikatu) is famous in ayurveda, because it is the most effective combination of spices to prevent ama and amavisha, and to clear them away. You can add small amounts of black pepper and ginger to your foods to help clear the channels and micro-channels of the body, which carry away waste and supply oxygen and nutrients to the cells.

Good post:thumb:

great post...that is like the opposite of what my jackass friend was saying. On with the peppering I go!

pepper and prostate is there a connection?

A friend told me that he read black pepper is bad for the prostate so men should limit the use of it. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I told him I thought he was full of shyt. Thanks guys/girls!
someone help me is pepper bad for you

Black pepper (especially freshly ground) is great for digestion. I use pepper on everything.

Back