• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Manhattan help

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I am thinking about going there for 1 or 2 months around spring. I will be looking to find a room around village or the upper west side, share an apartment with some university people, I dont know. How can I survive Manhattan with $500 a month? Where do I look for a room? Classifieds? Internet? How about food? But it needs to be Manhattan, no roosevelt island, queens or bronx. Thanks :)

And yes, I thought about sneaking in and out of P and min0´s apartment.
:bounce:

Last edited:
ihateschoolmt said:
Lol, justing making sure, this is a joke right?
No :)

Dont you think there is a room to rent around $300 or $500?
The money for food, transportation and leisure, I might take a part-time job eating cookies.

Vieope said:
No :)

Dont you think there is a room to rent around $300 or $500?
The money for food, transportation and leisure, I might take a part-time job eating cookies.
I went to New York for 10 days. I spent over 200 dollars in food and I did not eat three times a day. I did not eat anything expensive either, just like pizza and stuff. Transportation isn't so bad, but everything else is.

Look up the hostels in the area. Just avoid the barracks type or if you do, sleep with all your clothes on and hide your valuables in your underwear.

maniclion said:
Look up the hostels in the area. Just avoid the barracks type or if you do, sleep with all your clothes on and hide your valuables in your underwear.
I said 2 or 3 months but it is more like 1 month or a little bit more. I really wanna find a room, do some free courses in english, pay for one in an interesting subject. So it cant be a place with too many people but it gotta be close to a place like village with too many people. :p

Well with your experience and fluffiness you could easily hook up with one of the many gay sugar daddies in the Village with whom you could trade special favors for room and board.

They weren't called the Village People for nothing you know.

IML Gear Cream!
My fluffiness is strictly heterosexual. As least I am not the one walking around with a gay wig.

Good point though, is the Village all gay? I cant believe it, it seems so nice.

I am enjoying the couch surfing idea.

Bring some of those Brazillian women with you. :yes:

Vieope said:
How can I survive Manhattan with $500 a month? :bounce:

Plan on living in a cardboard box and eating out of trash cans.

Vieope said:
So I am thinking about going there for 1 or 2 months around spring. I will be looking to find a room around village or the upper west side, share an apartment with some university people, I dont know. How can I survive Manhattan with $500 a month? Where do I look for a room? Classifieds? Internet? How about food? But it needs to be Manhattan, no roosevelt island, queens or bronx. Thanks :)

And yes, I thought about sneaking in and out of P and min0´s apartment. :bounce:
Manhattan with $500 a month? I've never lived in NY so I could be wrong, but I am a college student living in Columbia, SC which is the most run down, shitty city in the world, and I can't get by on $500 a month. That includes $300 in rent, $100 for cable/internet and it varies for water and electricity so I would think Manhattan would have to be a shitload more.

Vieope said:

I'm sure we can work something out. :grin:

:finger:

There is absolutely positively NO WAY to survive in Manhattan on $500 per month.

1) It is most likely the most expensive real estate market in the US

2) Unless you have 5 roommates and you live in a 1 bedroom place in the Bronx you are simply dreaming.

3) You are forgetting food, clothing, train costs, miscellaneous expenses and at that budget forget even trying to have a social life.

4) The only way I can even concieve you doing this is if you were to live with someone rent free..good luck!

Sorry man, save a little before you go and you should be fine.
Later :blah:

ALBOB said:
Plan on living in a cardboard box and eating out of trash cans.
If I were a dog or a cat that might happen but have you ever saw a homeless bunny? We are too cute for this.

gococksDJS said:
Manhattan with $500 a month? I've never lived in NY so I could be wrong, but I am a college student living in Columbia, SC which is the most run down, shitty city in the world, and I can't get by on $500 a month. That includes $300 in rent, $100 for cable/internet and it varies for water and electricity so I would think Manhattan would have to be a shitload more.
Oh but I mean $500 just for the rent to pay for a simple room. I dont need tv or internet. I think. How did you find your room? I think I will try craiglist as well.

andyo said:
:finger:

There is absolutely positively NO WAY to survive in Manhattan on $500 per month.

1) It is most likely the most expensive real estate market in the US

2) Unless you have 5 roommates and you live in a 1 bedroom place in the Bronx you are simply dreaming.

3) You are forgetting food, clothing, train costs, miscellaneous expenses and at that budget forget even trying to have a social life.

4) The only way I can even concieve you doing this is if you were to live with someone rent free..good luck!

Sorry man, save a little before you go and you should be fine.
Later :blah:

But like I said in the post above this would be only for rent. Food, transportation and fun I might take a part-time job.

Vieope said:

V: you never know what you can find on craigslist: http://newyork.craigslist.org/hhh/
(Check out sublets, temporary, rooms to share, vacation rentals, etc.)

Also, here are various sites that serve as resources for hostels. I'm looking up similar information for a friend of mine in chicago who wants to visit, so I have it all on-hand here... glad to share.

http://www.hostels.com/en/us.ny.ny.html
http://www.ny.com/hotels/budget.html
http://www.hinewyork.org/
http://gonyc.about.com/od/hostels/
http://www.backpackers.com/North_America/United_States/New_York/New_York_City/directory/hostels/

Hope this helps! Let us know when you book your trip! we want to meet the bunny!:D

As a New Yorker I wish you luck. It's too expensive here in NYC.
Mass transit is the way to go in Manhatten, I have yet to use a yellow cab myself here in my 40 years in NYC.
The food is expensive but the good thing is the they have plenty of Brazilien restaurants in Manhatten and Queens.
Stay out of the bad neighborhoods.

Oh and if you come over to my house the family would look forward to having some rabbit stew. :lick:

Vieope said:
Oh but I mean $500 just for the rent to pay for a simple room. I dont need tv or internet. I think. How did you find your room? I think I will try craiglist as well.
Well I have 2 roommates so there's 3 of us living here. It's $900 month for a 3 bedroom house with a big back yard in the nice area around campus. I rarely see 1 bedroom places for less than $350 a month here. From a roommate standpoint, the more the better. If it's just you, it will cost more than 4 guys in a 4 bedroom place, but there are drawbacks to having roommates. I have one who is the laziest person I've ever met. We have a 65" flat screen TV and he spends 5 hours a day at an internship and literally around 8 hours a day watching tv. And I think he steals my shit.

gococksDJS said:
Well I have 2 roommates so there's 3 of us living here. It's $900 month for a 3 bedroom house with a big back yard in the nice area around campus. I rarely see 1 bedroom places for less than $350 a month here. From a roommate standpoint, the more the better. If it's just you, it will cost more than 4 guys in a 4 bedroom place, but there are drawbacks to having roommates. I have one who is the laziest person I've ever met. We have a 65" flat screen TV and he spends 5 hours a day at an internship and literally around 8 hours a day watching tv. And I think he steals my shit.
Why does your world revolve around scat and feces. Your dodo must taste good, post your diet please.

luckily I look 30, I suprise people when I tell them my age.

min0 lee said:
Why does your world revolve around scat and feces. Your dodo must taste good, post your diet please.
My diet? I eat nothing but fingernail clippings, corns cut off old people's feet, ear hair, scabs, dingleberries and Icee's.

Back