• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

i am wondering if my body will limit me from gaining any more inches?

justinb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
is there a genetic limit to how big my muscles can get naturally?

i like too think that i am a strong guy for my height and weight(5'7" 175lb)

i rep 265lb on flat bench my arms are 16" in diameter my chest is 43" in diameter but i am not getting any bigger.

i have been working out sense 9/01 very religiously i have tried alot of different work outs, supplement,and diets and still nothing

Yes there is a limit. Your arms are 16 inches in circumference, not diameter.

justinb said:
is there a genetic limit to how big my muscles can get naturally?

i like too think that i am a strong guy for my height and weight(5'7" 175lb)

i rep 265lb on flat bench my arms are 16" in diameter my chest is 43" in diameter but i am not getting any bigger.

i have been working out sense 9/01 very religiously i have tried alot of different work outs, supplement,and diets and still nothing
How big is your wrist.............most people cant build their cold upper arm more than 10 inches bigger than your wrist.....
Some can but that is the top 5%

Do you count calories? If not, you better start.

Tough Old Man said:
I question this and say no there's not. I believe with the proper diet and training you can keep growing.
wrong. genetically everyone has a limit... its a proven fact.

dAMvN said:
wrong. genetically everyone has a limit... its a proven fact.

Very few people actually hit their genetic limit. I think if your repping 265 you still have room to grow maybe if you were benching 400 it might be a different story

ForemanRules said:
How big is your wrist.............most people cant build their cold upper arm more than 10 inches bigger than your wrist.....
Some can but that is the top 5%

That's interesting, means I'll never be able to get an upper arm bigger than 17.5". damn.
:(

Nick+ said:
That's interesting, means I'll never be able to get an upper arm bigger than 17.5". damn.
:(
You might................Its just that most cant... :hmmm:
Thats cut and cold by the way................17.5 ripped on a guy 6 feet or less is big IMO.

ForemanRules said:
Thats cut and cold by the way................17.5 ripped on a guy 6 feet or less is big IMO.

I've not trained for 7 weeks , but have been doing a very tough physical job, not sleeping and eating enough etc. My arms have dropped to 15 1/4", that seems to be their 'natural' (???) level. Still an improvement on the 13" they were a long time ago.

Oh well , packing about 150Kgs of weights+2bars in the car today, and driving them up there, to where I work. Had enough of a weightless existance...............
:rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
i guess im in the 5% cause i have small ass wrists lol at 7 inches, yet my biceps are almost 19 inches now and my foreams are 14 inches, i think if you keep eating good and training hard yu should def be able to pack on size

tommyboy11 said:
i guess im in the 5% cause i have small ass wrists lol at 7 inches, yet my biceps are almost 19 inches now and my foreams are 14 inches, i think if you keep eating good and training hard yu should def be able to pack on size
See how big those are when you get down to about 200 pounds with 6% bodyfat.Probably still more than 17 but definitaly not 19.

tommyboy11 said:
19 cold..............and natural....and cut up
I dont think so. ;)

Edit: I just looked at your pic.................not even close to 19

Tough Old Man said:
I question this and say no there's not. I believe with the proper diet and training you can keep growing.
Do you just make this stuff up???? seriously............

Yes your size is limited by your genetics. on the plus side most people can get decently big it is profesionaly big that is limited to gentics. Get a trainner and tell him to you want to push your physical limits.

most peoples commitment Limit kicks in waaaaaaayyy before the physical limit. Get serious and get big

ForemanRules said:

I never heard that statistic before, that would suck for me though.

ForemanRules said:

Agreed. 17.5 inches that is ALL NATURAL is gargantuan on someone 6 feet or more, ( I think thats what you meant to say as well foreman.)

tommyboy11 said:
my biceps are almost 19 inches now
... you r not even close to 17's and ur at 16% BF....

perfect example of the kind of exaggeration we have on these boards. from benching over 300 to deadliftin 400+ at 16. its funny cuz ive seen ur kind at the gym... u guys r shit.

dAMvN said:
... you r not even close to 17's and ur at 16% BF....

perfect example of the kind of exaggeration we have on these boards. from benching over 300 to deadliftin 400+ at 16. its funny cuz ive seen ur kind at the gym... u guys r shit.
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're talking about me with the deadlift. Give me one reason why I would lie on a forum...

Really though, deadlifting over 400 is by no means unbelievable for someone at a BW of about 220. It's called hard work. I work for strength and that's what I get. My arms are only about 15" but I don't care because that's not part of my set of goals. Therefore, since my goals are completely revolving around strength, I am somewhat strong for my age.

Back