• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's the most overrated/or useless exercise?

god hand

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I think the most overrated is flat bench press and the most useless is pullovers. I just dont understand them. :confused:

Pec Dec Flyes. They are abouts as useful as tits on a bull.

god hand said:
I think the most overrated is flat bench press and the most useless is pullovers. I just dont understand them. :confused:

anal sex

arnold press is a fucking useless exercise

LAM said:
arnold press is a fucking useless exercise

what's the arnold press?

I dont really see the point of declined bench press. The guys at my place who do it only do it so they can show off how much they can shift and seems a little odd to focus on trying to make the chest muscles breast shaped.

yeah, you should definitely stop doing flat bench...pointless

Arnold presses are pretty useless...I don't know about falt bench and pull overs as useless.

Pull over machines with a reverse grip are awsome for you lats:thumb:

Most over rated is bench. But it's not useless.

Peck deck
cable preacher curls........this is the worst 1 in my book

any crappy machine that tries to mimic a power lift...I.E...Hammer bench, Incline, Press ect

You guys can't be serious on bench? Please give a reason other then "I don't like it". IMO there is no other way to build a sizable chest...it takes a while but what else are you going to do pec deck for 20 years?

IML Gear Cream!
benverner said:
You guys can't be serious on bench? Please give a reason other then "I don't like it". IMO there is no other way to build a sizable chest...it takes a while but what else are you going to do pec deck for 20 years?
How about DB bench or incline.

benverner said:
I'm with you on this one.....Bench is one of the top 3 lifts you can do...

These kids are on crack

I'm a big DB bench fan actually, not a substitute for flat bench though IMO, merely a change of pace. Funny coming from a "power lifter" like yourself that you think Flat BB bench is overrated. I liken it to squats for your chest..no way around it if you want a big chest.

Agreed Foreman, just because you don't have a good bench doesn't mean it's overrated. Mine sucks IMO but I know the value of it.

I didn't say it wasn't useful, But it is over rated. It's like the only exercise people do.

It seems to me the bench press is far from useless/overrated. When I haven't done it in a while and have a good workout on the bench, my whole upper body is sore (Pecs, anterior deltoids, and parts of my upper back). I just think for some people that is all they care about and end up shorting themselves on maximum growth.

Crunches are by far the most overated useless exercise

there is a place for everything in a training program so long as you know how to use it and how to make it work.

I haven't benched for 5 months.

ihateschoolmt said:
I didn't say it wasn't useful, But it is over rated. It's like the only exercise people do.
Thats not true...................most people do curls also
Its a classic workout

I always felt that arnold presses did a good job with my shoulders. That was a while back, but I still definitely felt something with them. Why are they useless?

I'm a big supporter of the DB bench over the BB bench. The argument I'm tired of hearing is that since you can use more weight for the BB bench, it must be better. Think...

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
Thats not true...................most people do curls also
Its a classic workout
Some kid told me that he doesn't curl because bench works your biceps.

Stu said:
Crunches are by far the most overated useless exercise

crunches useless ? :hmmm:

ihateschoolmt said:
Some kid told me that he doesn't curl because bench works your biceps.
I actually have a funny story about that. I asked this kid I know what the bench press works, and the first thing he said was 'biceps.' So, I laughed, and thought that I should ask someone else the same question just to confirm that not everyone is that stupid. I then asked a completely random person, who said 'biceps' first thing. I laughed and told him that it doesn't work them. He insisted he was correct several times before walking away. Had to be there...

Why no bench P? Did you have an injury?

I'm in no position to say this since I'm a fat ass weakling but when I looked at your profile I noticed you chest seemed under developed compared to the rest of you. I don't know how old those pics are though. I checked it out because your back shot makes you look huge and I was curious. I'm not taking a shot by any stretch, just curious and since not benching came up I thought I'd ask.

P-funk said:
I was thinking the same thing.

they are the best exercise for the abdominals. I can't think of any better way to stimulate them directly

benverner said:

I'm in no position to say this since I'm a fat ass weakling but when I looked at your profile I noticed you chest seemed under developed compared to the rest of you. I don't know how old those pics are though. I checked it out because your back shot makes you look huge and I was curious. I'm not taking a shot by any stretch, just curious and since not benching came up I thought I'd ask.
He does olympic lifting. The chest isn't really a big part of that.

LAM said:
they are the best exercise for the abdominals. I can't think of any better way to stimulate them directly
I've heard that crunches are the best, but wouldn't a properly done sit up be better because it has an increased ROM?

LAM said:

I agree.

I'm in no position to say this since I'm a fat ass weakling but when I looked at your profile I noticed you chest seemed under developed compared to the rest of you. I don't know how old those pics are though. I checked it out because your back shot makes you look huge and I was curious. I'm not taking a shot by any stretch, just curious and since not benching came up I thought I'd ask

it has nothing to do with my goals. being a big bencher will not make me better at pulling a snatch or a clean and jerk. The only pressing I do is overhead.

Squaggleboggin said:
I've heard that crunches are the best, but wouldn't a properly done sit up be better because it has an increased ROM?

a sit up will also recruit your hip flexors once you have flexod your spine through its active ROM. nothing wrong with full sit ups either IMO.

Back