• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Synthetic Motor Oil

musclepump

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is Synthetic (full, not blend) oil bad for older (90-95) engines? Someone told me full synthetic oil isn't good for cars pre-94 or so, trying to figure out the purpose to this.

No, but if you start using synthetic you have to stick to it or it will fuck your engine up when you got back to the dirty stuff. :thumb:

My wife's car is a 94 with 82k on it; I had thought it'd be fine but this guy started on about causing leaks and things, wanted to check in. Thanks for the input.

I think we discussed this here before, something about the sythetic cleaning away residual goop from the old stuff and revealing cracks/worn seals/etc that had otherwise remained plugged by the goop.

You nailed it Manic ... plus the synth loosens up chunks of sludge that then get to wander around the engine on there way to the oil filter.

If you have already done the deed run a bottle of Lucas moter flush before you change your oil.

I'll do the flush then change to syn in her car. I think her engine is in fairly good repair, so I don't think it should spring any leaks.

Back