• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

bulking up without bulking diet?

brollickby06

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi everyone, im new to the board. I am slightly overweight and dont really lift (untill recently), but i am of decent strenght.

I want to cut down some fat, but mainly i want to build muscle. Sincei have never really worked out before, can i eat normally and still gain muscle. Are the bulking up diets mainly for people who are already along their way/experienced.
In other words, i am jsut starting out. If i push myself at the gym but eat moderately (non bulking style), will i still gain muscle mass?

Also, I was reading up alot on low-carb diets and see that its good for weight loss. I obviously dont want to cut...but is it possible to bulk up on low carb? Can i just eat rediculously high amounts of protein/fat..would that work?

sorry if i sound dumb, just eager to learn. and i did my research, but im still confused.

sorry to be repetitive, but lem me make myself more clear. My main goal is to gain muscle mass. I want to lose wieght too, but thats not priority because im not that bad. I jsut really dont want to gain fat...

if you are overweight (high bf%) that means that your insulin sensitivity is shot. which means when you eat a meal you body will release higher than normal levels of insulin. but since your insulin sensitivity is low less nutrients will be stored in skeletal muscle and more in lipocyctes (fat cells)

you need to make some major changes in your diet if you want to gain any noticeable amount of muscle

what type of diet would you suggest for me?
would a normal bulking diet be bad for me?

and can someone help me answer my original question?

:

I want to cut down some fat, but mainly i want to build muscle. Sincei have never really worked out before, can i eat normally and still gain muscle. Are the bulking up diets mainly for people who are already along their way/experienced.
In other words, i am jsut starting out. If i push myself at the gym but eat moderately (non bulking style), will i still gain muscle mass?

:

also any tips on the low carb thing would be helpful. is it possible to gain muscle on low-no carb

In order to build/grow muscle, you need to feed your body. It is all about cals in vs cals out. Your body will not partition 100% nutrients to your muscles. There will be some fat gain. How much? that depends on your age, genetics, training, diet..etc.

As LAM explained, the higher your bf, the more likely you are to gain fat. The best way to start off is to first find out your bf. Then based on that you can more correctly come to a conslusion of setting up your diet.

See the sticky 'Guide to ...' for a lot of great guidelines on diets. It also includes info/links to low carb/cycling diet. If you want to seriously bulk, you need to get over any carb phobia you might have. Carbs are not evil. They are a required macronutrient. Carbs donot make you fat. Excess cals make you fat :)

Back