• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

OK a question I really need an answer to

Epsilon

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok I'm 16 years old and I've just started my school holidays which is 9 weeks off
I really wanna go back to school next year with larger muscles, my arms right now have hardly any muscle tone, all I have is a 4 kg dumb bell and my current workout per day is 3 sets of 35 bicep curls (with the dumbell) and 3 sets of 20 tricep work outs (also using the dumbell) 30 push ups, and 30 sit ups, and to tell ya truth I am unable to do any chin ups, I am not fat infact I am quite skinny. Now with this current workout per day do you think it will make a difference on my arms in 9 weeks? if not can you please suggest what I should do more of or suggest a completely new work out. Ok thank you in advance

-Joel

do you have access to a gym?

First of all, start reading like crazy. Educate yourself. Your best tool is your mind, so use it well. Secondly, you'll get nowhere with that routine. Look around and view others' journals for training ideas. Train your whole body and it will reward you accordingly. Read about volume, frequency and the CNS. Just find out as much information as you possibly can and pay attention to the people who know what they're talking about. You can start picking up on even advanced ideas early on if you think about what they're saying. It's a slow process, but a very rewarding one after you gain a certain amount of knowledge.

Since the Holiday's are coming up ask your parents for a gym membership for Christmas. You'll find that once you start going to the gym on a regular basis you'll want to keep going. Memberships aren't that much either, around here they are about 35-40 dollars a month (some are higher some are lower, depends on location and how nice the gym is) and a few of them offer a discount to high school athletes.

If you have absolutely no access to a gym, then I suggest you become creative. Also, as Squaggle said, educate yourself on routines, recovery, nutrition etc.. You could find some heavy stuff and come up with some exercises to do. Other than that, I'm not don't think you'd advance too much off of the few things you mentioned.

There are lots of things you can do to help improve strength and body composition. You have to be creative, but it can be done.

For the lower body, I would stick to body squats and one legged body squats. The one legged body squats are really tough. They take some serious practice and balance, but are a great movment nonetheless.

For pressing movements, in addition to pushups you can do some handstand pushups or dips in between two chairs.

For pulling movements I would get a pullup bar that can easily be adjusted to different levels in the doorway. You can start by doing some body rows. Just place the bar in the doorway at about waist level. Get under the bar and grab at about shoulder width. You want to be positioned under the bar as though you were going to bench press it, except you will pull yourself toward the bar. Just try to find a comfortable position for the bar to touch at the top of the movement somewhere in the abdominal region.

If you can't do even a single pullup, then start by doing negatives. That is, you can cheat your way to the top of the pullup and lower yourself as slowly as you can. Once you are able to do some regular pullups, just pick a number (Maybe 10-15 to start) and do as many as you can at a time until you reach 10-15 over the course of several sets.

For your core you can do some situps, leg raises, hanging leg raises, and maybe some supermans for your lower back. Once you get stronger, you can also try some superman pushups (Arms straight out in front of you and push yourself off the ground; damned hard).

In terms of adding resistance, you can get a weighted vest for fairly cheap if you have any funds at all available to do so. You could also buy some sand or concrete bags and do exercises with those. Hold them overhead while you squats, do cleans with them, do farmer's walks, do bear hugs and walk around, etc. You could also find some heavy logs to throw around, push some cars around in neutral, swing a sledhammer repeatedly alternating sides, etc. It doesn't have to be cast iron to lift it!

You may also consider some sprints and/or plyometrics. Plyometrics are explosive movements that follow fast eccentrics. A pushup where you throw yourself up high enough to clap before you hit the ground is an example. Jumping off a box and rebounding with a high jump is another. You have to generate a lot of force to move a low amount of resistance at high speed just like you do with a high amount of resistance at a lower speed.

I hope I've given you some ideas. Now go workout!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys I thank you all for the suggestions, just a few more questions, with my current work out, how long do you think it would take to notice a different in my arms?

And can you please give me some suggestions on some better workouts without having to buy anything.

once again thanks in advance.

Yeah definitely eat RIGHT, and follow min0's signature guide for curls and stuff.

IML Gear Cream!
Epsilon said:
Ok guys I thank you all for the suggestions, just a few more questions, with my current work out, how long do you think it would take to notice a different in my arms?

And can you please give me some suggestions on some better workouts without having to buy anything.

once again thanks in advance.
did you read cowpimp's post at all? You cant tell me you dont have the things he was talking about around the house or something comparable. Ie: sand bags/concrete bags~could use mom's old pillow cases....no pull up bar?~betchya mom has a clothes line outside with poles suitable at each end....no sledge hammer?~bet you got some downed trees somewhere pickem up even if its just an end and pushit....and I know you got some cars in that drive way at home.

Work your entire body is the point and eat,eat,eat and you could make some improvements in 9 weeks.:thumb:

Let me simplify beyond my previous post:

Find heavy shit on the ground and lift it over your head.

To tell ya the truth, right now I am only interested in building my arms. I'm curious do chin ups work your biceps or triceps? and with my dumb bell I was wondering what other exercises I could do with it, I currently to normal bicep curls and tricep lifts (that is where I put my hands around the top of the dumbell , put it behind my back and pull it up and down)

If you want to build up your arms... do your entire body. LISTEN to what people are saying. Your arms will grow MUCH more if you work your body as a WHOLE.

If you still persist on ONLY arms... then I suggest you post in a different forum.

.....Just join a gym. Seriously, it is the only way you will get noticeably bigger in that short amount of time. Furthermore, You need to read as much as you can to understand how muscles work etc. For example newb rule number 1 : Muscles dont grow when you are working them out, IE doing dumbell curls or whatever, but only after good nutrition and good rest....Just do some reading on gaining mass.

hold on a sec. I'm starting some illustrations I'll up load them so we can all play pictionary and get the point accross.

Back