• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calisthenics

Myztek

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Has anyone here ever tried calisthenics? I've been reading about it for the passed hour and it seems very interesting.

If you want to find something about it google it, or look for something related to Matt Furey. I've been reading several articles about it.

I do callisthenics in a circuit for my cardio on occasion. Check out my journal if you are curious.

good for conditioning, suboptimal for strength/power.

I believe I'm going to add in some daily back-bridging, and possibly some hindu squats/pushups to my current training.

I warm up with callisthenics before my workout.

I have a question:

How important is it to strengthen the neck? I've never done anyt neck exercises before, but I'm going to start doing back-bridges. (being very careful) How beneficial do you think this would be?

Myztek said:
I have a question:

How important is it to strengthen the neck? I've never done anyt neck exercises before, but I'm going to start doing back-bridges. (being very careful) How beneficial do you think this would be?

For the average person, probably not all that important. When I wrestled it was important. You had to perform bridges a lot to prevent getting pinned if you got in a sticky situation.

I've been doing tai chi calisthenics since '79, also do Charles Atlas dynamic tension and Maxalding muscle control, this year I started aikido and do calisthenics there.

Many people believe that hindu squats are all you need. For the average person, this is probably true, but I'm one of those people that always tries to achieve to the maximum of his potential - if there's something better out there, I use it (within reason of course). To me, functional strength is the epitome of fitness. Others will most certainly disagree; it's an opinion; they are allowed. So, to me, using a combination of strongman, weightlifting and powerlifting is most desirable. The olympic lifting combines speed and strength (AKA power); the strongman is brute strength combined with endurance (AKA farmers' walks, etc.); powerlifting is limit strength. I love these things and the combination of them is, to me, the ultimate routine.

Calisthenics are good for most people though. They'll keep you healthy and improve your strength and endurance at first if nothing else.

Back