• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Love/Hate

GFR

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok I have been back working out for 6 months now. The problem is that I'm getting strong on my Db work......so strong that its becoming a bitch to use Db's on pressing and Db incline. I'm sick of hoisting up 100lb Db's for seated shoulder presses and now that my chest is healed ( I hope) I have no idea how I am going to lift up 130lbs plus Db's for Incline Db presses.

So geniuses what the hell can I do????:confused:

start using barbells? :shrug:

If you are honestly that strong on DB presses is there any real need to keep increasing the weight? All I see is that it opens you up to more risk of injury.

yeah, how about lowering the weight and doing more reps or like pfunk suggested, use bbells. Or maybe, just maybe you could use machines.

Or have a spotter hand you the DBs. I've seen folks do it this way. It's just like having a rack for your BB.

P-funk said:

If you are honestly that strong on DB presses is there any real need to keep increasing the weight? All I see is that it opens you up to more risk of injury.
I use both, and would like to keep some Db work in my routine.....but I might just have to drop it for now, or until I get some obedient slaves to pick up my weights for me.

bludevil said:
yeah, how about lowering the weight and doing more reps or like pfunk suggested, use bbells. Or maybe, just maybe you could use machines.
I was planing to jump from sets of 6 reps to sets of 12 reps for now . A temporary solution but it might buy me another few months.

if you can bench 8000 lbs raw you should have no problem hoisting up lil 130 lbs db's

WantItBad said:
if you can bench 8000 lbs raw you should have no problem hoisting up lil 130 lbs db's
Sorry that was a typo....I ment to say 1300lb Db's;)

well than i can see the problem maybe find a crain er something

crane*?

Two thoughts come to mind.

#1: How do you hoist DB's? I stand at the end of the bench I'm going to be using with the DB's hanging in front of my knees. I then sit down on the bench so the DB's are resting on my knees. I then raise one leg at a time to hoist the DB's up to my shoulders.

#2: DB flyes to pre-exhaust
Barbell Bench for heavy work
DB Bench as a finishing move (Your pecs will already be tired so you won't need/be able to use as much weight.)

ForemanRules said:
Ok I have been back working out for 6 months now. The problem is that I'm getting strong on my Db work......so strong that its becoming a bitch to use Db's on pressing and Db incline. I'm sick of hoisting up 100lb Db's for seated shoulder presses and now that my chest is healed ( I hope) I have no idea how I am going to lift up 130lbs plus Db's for Incline Db presses.

You bastard. :mad:

yes, be patient

ALBOB said:
Two thoughts come to mind.

#1: How do you hoist DB's? I stand at the end of the bench I'm going to be using with the DB's hanging in front of my knees. I then sit down on the bench so the DB's are resting on my knees. I then raise one leg at a time to hoist the DB's up to my shoulders.

#2: DB flyes to pre-exhaust
Barbell Bench for heavy work
DB Bench as a finishing move (Your pecs will already be tired so you won't need/be able to use as much weight.)

Interesting... You asked "How do you hoist DB's?" yet used the word 'hoist' in your explanation of what you do... Interesting...

Squaggleboggin said:
Interesting... You asked "How do you hoist DB's?" yet used the word 'hoist' in your explanation of what you do... Interesting...

His question was "how do YOU hoist dumbells" asking foreman how he does it and he then proceeded to explain his technique in "hoisting" dumbells...

ALBOB: foreman doesn't have a problem with the way he gets the dumbells over him...obviously he's no newb...it's just a couple of HEAVY ass dumbells..I have the same problem when I go to do arnold presses...I'm using less weight than foreman, but it's hard getting under 70's for me sitting straight up.

FOREMAN: p-funk has a point...maybe you should either use a barbell or lighter weights for more reps...I've always been under the impression that the barbell puts ur shoulders in more of a bind than ur chest....so if u are healed up then give it a shot and keep the load light for a few weeks and see how you feel. BTW, I'm assuming u suffered from a torn pectorial? Did you have to have surgery?

PWGriffin said:
ALBOB: foreman doesn't have a problem with the way he gets the dumbells over him

Hmmmmm......guess I misread the following statement. (I use 125's for inclines)

ForemanRules said:
I have no idea how I am going to lift up 130lbs plus Db's for Incline Db presses.

I use a knee to kick up each one, one at a time - its easy.

IML Gear Cream!
ALBOB said:
(I use 125's for inclines)

u wanna cookie??

<----doesn't give a shit

ForemanRules said:

take creatine, it will help u lift those up:thumb:

one thing I have to do as a home gymer because I'm limited to the size of the dumbells I have (only up to 100's until xmas) is to do my heavy work in the 4-6 rep range with my barbells and then hop to DB work if I really want to get it in that week. You are getting in that range where it just isn't safe to have them over your head too. If you are off your game just a little you can really screw your shoulders, even if it's just a little wobble on the way down.

P-funk said:

I agree. I've never reached 100 pound shoulder presses, but when I reached 70 pound shoulder presses I ended up with a shoulder injury.

How much do you weigh? To have an injury and come back hitting that much weight within 6 months seems like drastic gains and you may want to slow down before you injure something.

PWGriffin said:
His question was "how do YOU hoist dumbells" asking foreman how he does it and he then proceeded to explain his technique in "hoisting" dumbells...

ALBOB: foreman doesn't have a problem with the way he gets the dumbells over him...obviously he's no newb...it's just a couple of HEAVY ass dumbells..I have the same problem when I go to do arnold presses...I'm using less weight than foreman, but it's hard getting under 70's for me sitting straight up.

FOREMAN: p-funk has a point...maybe you should either use a barbell or lighter weights for more reps...I've always been under the impression that the barbell puts ur shoulders in more of a bind than ur chest....so if u are healed up then give it a shot and keep the load light for a few weeks and see how you feel. BTW, I'm assuming u suffered from a torn pectorial? Did you have to have surgery?

I see. I assumed he meant, "How does one hoist DBs?" because most people say 'you' instead of 'one.' I need help...

I really don't see the need to keep increasing the weight. Try sticking with a weight you feel comfortable with and mix up the tempo's and RI's.

Like say you take 100 pound dumbells. Instead of doing the usual 1-0-1 (constant) tempo, do something like a 2-3-1. If you don't know what that means, then it's 2 count eccentric, 3 count pause, and 1 count concentric. Also, try setting RI's at 30 seconds or even less and give your muscles the shock of their life. Learn to mix it up. It's the form, not the weight.

P-funk said:

I did on 12/12 for chest, did BB incline and it felt good on my joints. I went up to 315 for 2 reps, didnt think I could do that, I guess the Db work improved my strength.

myCATpowerlifts said:
Weren't pics coming soon? :shrug:

WHERE ARE THEY!?!?! :mad: :mad:

Back