• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Not eating red meat = iron deficiency?

Miss LeDix

Sassy Lady!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have not eaten a 'serving' (I've taken a few bites here and there) of red meat in about 18 months. I've never really thought about the fact that I could be anemic. I had blood work done in October and had all sorts of test ran, and no doctor ever mentioned it.

I'm thinking about it now because in the lastest issue of Redbook, there's a little article about the relationship between being iron deficient and benefiting less from exercise.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Anyone else here not eat read meat? Take iron pills? Don't even worry about it?

im a vegetarian.. therefore ppl would think I dont get enough iron, but i'm not anemic... you'd be surprised at the foods that have iron in them

Yeah, iron is present in quite a few foods.

What's with the teasing? What non-red meat items are good iron sources? I know I could do the research myself online..but I'm being lazy!

There is more iron in Chocolate than Spinach!

I haven't had red meat for 21 years! Green leafies and supps! A good multi has about 18 mg, if you menstrate a lot, consider a prenatal (they have more), if you take extra iron (most men should avoid this, see hemachromatosis), get extra C, as it can be constipating!

Notes: many men and peri/post menopausal women do not need additional iron than what occurs in diet, it accummulates in the blood and organs, get a CBC (blood panel) annually.

Also, for those taking liver, a good brand will have up to 1 MG of iron per tablet.

For those also taking a multi-mineral, consider iron-free, as your multi already has you covered.

FC

Back