• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Back injury

Hlanderr

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yesterday I was doing front raises to work my shoulders, and one of my last reps of the set (and of course ended on that rep) I pulled my back.

When performing the exercise I try to really keep my body stiff, especially my lower back...... and going up I felt the upper part of my lower back "snap down" for a second.... so my injury feels like its in the mid/upper lower part of my back....

I knew at the point of pull it was bad, as I have hurt my back in the same spot earlier this year, but the pain was't really bad until this morning. It is constantly in stress, and although it doesn't feel like a SHARP sting when I move it, it feels more than sore....

My question is what should I do? When I stretch it with a few back exercises I know, it loosens up and feels almost fine. The pain is nearly nonexistant and my flexibility is just about normal. But if I don't stretch every hour or so it starts to tighten up again.
Should I keep stretching? Or should I leave it heal by itself.... does stretching lengthen it's repair? I'm on a cycle right now, and this is really a hinder on my program. Today I was supposed to do legs, and I don't even think I could chest today....
thanks for the help guys

see a chiro that specializes in ART (active release technique). better to be safe than sorry IMO.

The13ig13adWolf said:
see a chiro that specializes in ART (active release technique). better to be safe than sorry IMO.

really? a chiropractor....... that just sounds so serious..... kinda scary too aha

i hurts, yes, but i dont think its that serious (at least i hope).... it feels like a strain.... is an ART a serious thing to do? moreso do i need say a doctor's referral? ive never been to one....

its also simmered down through normal movement throughout the day (this morning i had trouble getting my socks on..... felt like an old man hah

Hlanderr said:
really? a chiropractor....... that just sounds so serious..... kinda scary too aha

i hurts, yes, but i dont think its that serious (at least i hope).... it feels like a strain.... is an ART a serious thing to do? moreso do i need say a doctor's referral? ive never been to one....
i'm actually not huge on chiros but those that work primarily with athletes and specialize in ART have their shit together. not everyone is familiar with active release.

it may very well not be a big deal but when it comes to back strains it's best to check it out just in case. not to mention you did say this is the second time this year you've strained that particular area. do you have health insurance? you shouldn't need a referral.

Same thing with me bro, cept in my lower back..she is right...see a chiro...and no it's not serious...Are ur back muscles tightening up?? Does it burn sometimes like u just got through a 20 rep set?? If that's the case...what is happening is something is just BARELY out of alignment somewhere in ur back, and the muscles are tightening up to hold everything together, this tightening can sometimes burn a little too, like a lactic acid burn. It's not serious, but until ur back's in line again it won't go away. TRUST me on that one....my lower backs been burning for like a year. My chiro friend is coming home from atlanta for the holidays and is going to fix it right up...it's not serious at all, just takes a couple visits a week for a few weeks that's all. If it was serious like a bulging or herniated disc...you would know it....first question my buddy asked me was..."have you sneezed lately? Did it hurt?"

Now if you just pulled a muscle...that's a different story...just rest it and give it some time.

hey wolf, how did u become a moderator?

The13ig13adWolf said:
i'm actually not huge on chiros but those that work primarily with athletes and specialize in ART have their shit together. not everyone is familiar with active release.

it may very well not be a big deal but when it comes to back strains it's best to check it out just in case. not to mention you did say this is the second time this year you've strained that particular area. do you have health insurance? you shouldn't need a referral.

word up wolf, i think now i will check it out... i do have health insurance, incase they break me in half (aha or for payments and info).. many thanks for the help!

PWGriffin said:
Same thing with me bro, cept in my lower back..she is right...see a chiro...and no it's not serious...Are ur back muscles tightening up?? Does it burn sometimes like u just got through a 20 rep set?? If that's the case...what is happening is something is just BARELY out of alignment somewhere in ur back, and the muscles are tightening up to hold everything together, this tightening can sometimes burn a little too, like a lactic acid burn. It's not serious, but until ur back's in line again it won't go away. TRUST me on that one....my lower backs been burning for like a year. My chiro friend is coming home from atlanta for the holidays and is going to fix it right up...it's not serious at all, just takes a couple visits a week for a few weeks that's all. If it was serious like a bulging or herniated disc...you would know it....first question my buddy asked me was..."have you sneezed lately? Did it hurt?"

Now if you just pulled a muscle...that's a different story...just rest it and give it some time.

PW that is EXACTLY what is like.... a burning sensation like a high rep set was just completed..... EXACTLY!
im gunna get it checked out i think, but i really do hope its only a pull..... its really gone down from pain to soreness throughout the course of the day.... but nonetheless is worrying me cause i can feel the area since the incident
thanks for the input man!

kicka19 said:
hey wolf, how did u become a moderator?
i was bound and gagged ;)...

IML Gear Cream!
hahah, gagged, you have now become my favorite mod

My advice would be to rest, apply ice, take a anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen or aleve) and stop training for a few days, or until you no longer feel the pain, and I would not advise stretching it.

Robert DiMaggio said:
My advice would be to rest, apply ice, take a anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen or aleve) and stop training for a few days, or until you no longer feel the pain, and I would not advise stretching it.

dont stretch..... ill stop immediately.... thanks man

Back