• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hawthorn berry

Hlanderr

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you guys take hawthorne berry with food or in between meals?

I can't find a place where this question is addressed....
thanks

I always wondered if making deep cuts in my wrists and let it run for a while would lower blood pressure.

Hlanderr said:
Lowers your blood pressure
Not the best thing to do it... (it only has a mild effect on BP... although it is used to help improve blood flow and circulation, especially to the heart...)

Better things are fish oils, calcium, fibre (soluble especially), garlic etc etc...

I am unsure as to if you need to take it with food... but as it is usually taken as a tincture (drops) I would imagine you take it without food (these you usually take with water between/before meals..)..

Vieope said:
I always wondered if making deep cuts in my wrists and let it run for a while would lower blood pressure.
If you try that tecnique, we will be lowering you into the ground shortly thereafter. :p

Emma-Leigh said:
Not the best thing to do it... (it only has a mild effect on BP... although it is used to help improve blood flow and circulation, especially to the heart...)

Better things are fish oils, calcium, fibre (soluble especially), garlic etc etc...

I am unsure as to if you need to take it with food... but as it is usually taken as a tincture (drops) I would imagine you take it without food (these you usually take with water between/before meals..)..

Cool Emma..... thanks for the advice...
I'll continue to use it, with a glass of water, just because I bought it for 10 dollars at GNC (NOOOO! I know)... but I'll try to get some of that other stuff..

In every shake I have whole oats.... I take in about 100 grams of these oats a day. Is that good enough to cover the fiber part?

Hlanderr said:
Cool Emma..... thanks for the advice...
I'll continue to use it, with a glass of water, just because I bought it for 10 dollars at GNC (NOOOO! I know)... but I'll try to get some of that other stuff..
LOL... Ahhh.... GNC... Say no more... ;)

In every shake I have whole oats.... I take in about 100 grams of these oats a day. Is that good enough to cover the fiber part?
This depends on what else you have in your day... But 100g of oats is only about 9.5-10g of fibre and that is not going to cover it if it is the majority of your fibre intake.

Yeah aha I was holiday shopping with my friend and there was a GNC in the plaza.... so at least I didn't go out of my way to do it.... but still, I know aha

Yeah that is pretty much the majority of my fiber intake unfortunetly.... Im poppin pills left and right, so hopefully I can get more fiber from foods. I'm drawing a blank as to where I can find a great source for it though...

Or is fiber supplementation the best though pills/tablets?

Hlanderr said:
Yeah that is pretty much the majority of my fiber intake unfortunetly....
:grin:

Ummm... what about vegetables? Or things like legumes? Or fruit?..... Anything??

Because that is REALLY bad... You need about 4 x that much!

Im poppin pills left and right, so hopefully I can get more fiber from foods. I'm drawing a blank as to where I can find a great source for it though..

Food my boy... If you are eating a healthy, well balanced diet you can easily get 30-40g from food sources:

Legumes
??? Lentils, cooked, 1 cup (200g) - 15.6g
??? Kidney beans, cooked, 1 cup (180g) - 11.4g
??? Chick-peas, cooked, 1 cup (165g) - 12.5g

Cereals/ grains/ starchy carbs
??? Pearled barley, cooked, 1 cup (160g) - 6.0g
??? Oat bran, raw, 1 cup (94g) - 14.5g
??? Oatmeal/rolled oats, raw, 1 cup (80g) - 7.9g
??? Rice, long-grained brown, cooked, 1 cup (200g) - 3.5g
??? Sweet potato, 1 cup cubed (130g) - 4g

Vegetables
??? Broccoli, 1 cup (80g) - 2g
??? Cauliflower, 1 cup (100g) - 2.5g
??? Spinach, frozen, cooked, 1 cup - 7.0g
??? Celery, 2 medium stalks (100g) - 1.6g
??? Green Beans, 1 cup (100g) -3.4g
??? Brussels sprouts, 1 cup (140g) - 6.4g
??? Mushrooms, fresh, 1 cup (120g) - 2.6g

Fruits
??? Strawberries, fresh, 1 cup of halves (150g) - 3g
??? Apple, 1 medium (140g) - 3.5g
??? Banana, 1 small (100g) - 2.6g

Nuts, Seeds and fats
??? Almonds, 1 ounce (23 kernels) - 3.3g
??? Linseeds, 1 tbs (12g) - 3.3g
??? Walnuts, 1 oz (14 halves) - 2g
??? Peanuts, 1 ounce (33 kernels) - 2.4g
??? Peanut butter, 1 tbs - 1.3g
??? Avocado, 1 tbs mashed - 2g

Or is fiber supplementation the best though pills/tablets?
Pills and tablets are poor fibre supplements - you need to eat about a bazillion to get any decent level (1 cap is usually 1g...).

If you are going to supplement then get plain, unsweetened psyllium husks from your health food store (or supermarket) and use this. Stir it into your oatmeal in the morning, mix it through cottage cheese during the day or have 1 tbs mixed in a glass of water at night before you go to bed.

You can also add some unprocessed wheat-bran to your cottage cheese/oats or shakes to increase fibre if needed...

Just don't add these when you want your food to be digested quickly - or when you take tablets/supplements/medications - because they will slow digestion and can prevent the proper absorption of your sups.

IML Gear Cream!
WOW Emma..... this is much appreciated!

Currently I'm on break from college, and I pretty much every thing that can fit into my mouth in my house (definetly in a gaining phase). I do get plenty of dinner veggies, and natural peanut butter are in two of my three shakes every day, and a couple of other things you kindfully listed for me. But I see that I could definetly use more fiber in my diet, and will take measures (food wise of course) to succeed in doing so
Emma once again revamping my diet for the better. Many thanks!

Back