• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

is peanut butter bad for a dog ?

Is peanut butter bad for a dog ?

• yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Super Hulk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
seems like it gave him the hiccups

It is probably not hic-ups he is choking.

maybe he's allergic to peanuts?

no it's not bad for them n they love it but it's sticky n maybe he swallowed air while eating it. http://members.aol.com/pxlbarrel/dachcirc/dcrecipe.htm

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
by Nancy Silk
Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup rye flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 egg
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar)
1/2 - 1 cup of water

Heat oven to 300 degrees.

Blend all the dry ingredients together. Add egg, and add water while mixing until you have a stiff, but workable dough. Dust surface and dough, roll to about 1/8 inch and use cookie cutter of choice, or use knive to cut into rectangular shapes. Spray cookie sheets with baking spray oil, and place close together (they do not raise or spread). Bake 45 to 60 minutes. Make sure they are pretty hard. Put in an open bowl overnight to finish hardening.

This will last my five mini's about two weeks. It's nice to make extra batches and freeze them. That way you always have some on hand. You can also substitute the peanut butter with a jar of baby food meat, or finely ground liver. These cookies were tested on all neighborhood dogs, finicky Yorkshire terriers, and shy puppers! The cookie passed all tests with slurpy kisses and tail wags! I never leave home without them!

Peanut Butter, according to some vets that I have talked to, has a lot of yeast in it and can help cause yeast infections if your dog is prone to those.

If she gets one then you probably will have to stick a caplet up the dog's deal.

Back