• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Finally... I made my journal - time to bulk0rZ

Seanp156 said:
Nice,
165x16
175x15

both overhand seems pretty good grip wise.

thanks sir, its super tough to get that high of weights on a day I have already done deadlifts, that day I didnt so it was easier on my hands.

:D

2/21/06 Chest and Biceps: Shock

1. Superset: BB Flat bench: 125x7
120x9
DB Incline Bench: 35x9
35x8

2. Dropset: DB Flat bench: 45x9, 40x9, 35x6

3. Superset: Hammer DB curls: 35x14
40x10
Regular DB curls: 30x10
35x6

4. Dropset: BB curls: 45x10, 40x8, 35x9

*pretty good workout, however my left shoulder was a little annoying, it didnt really hurt ever, I could just feel it some... didnt make me confident, I dont want to push it so I sorta held back, especially on the incline bench. It is a bit odd, I wonder if I did something, but atleast it isnt horrible and painful, just a bit of a feel from the left should area I could feel... Oh and my BB flat benching is pretty sad... I could only do 125x7! I havnt progressed on flat BB benching forever, but my DB flat benching is doing ok... I dont get it :cry:

:clapping:

AndrewSS said:
2/21/06 Chest and Biceps: Shock

1. Superset: BB Flat bench: 125x7
120x9
DB Incline Bench: 35x9
35x8

2. Dropset: DB Flat bench: 45x9, 40x9, 35x6

3. Superset: Hammer DB curls: 35x14
40x10
Regular DB curls: 30x10
35x6

4. Dropset: BB curls: 45x10, 40x8, 35x9

*pretty good workout, however my left shoulder was a little annoying, it didnt really hurt ever, I could just feel it some... didnt make me confident, I dont want to push it so I sorta held back, especially on the incline bench. It is a bit odd, I wonder if I did something, but atleast it isnt horrible and painful, just a bit of a feel from the left should area I could feel... Oh and my BB flat benching is pretty sad... I could only do 125x7! I havnt progressed on flat BB benching forever, but my DB flat benching is doing ok... I dont get it :cry:

:clapping:

What kind of grip are you using on flat BB bench??? middle finger on the ring or what? If you've been using the same grip for a long time, consider changing it... Also, you could do decline/incline BB.

^ I put my ring finger in the middle of the "ring" for a long while.

Hrmm maybe try pinky at the ring for a while, and then even narrower later.

Wide grip pressing does start to bother my shoulder(s) after a while, so that could be where your pain originated from.

Last edited:
Seanp156 said:
Hrmm maybe try pinky at the ring for a while, and then even narrower later.

Wide grip pressing does start to both my shoulder(s) after a while, so that could be where your pain originated from.

I will try that out then when I do BB flat benching next :clapping:

2/23/06 Legs and Shoulders: Shock

Superset: "squat press": 250x10
290x9
leg curl: 50x10
leg curl: 55x8

Dropset: BB Squat: 145x10
135x10
120x8

Superset: calves: lever: 105x15
lever: 105x15
DB: 65x12
DB: 65x15

Dropset: DB Seated mil press: 40x8, 35x6, 30x6

Superset: DB Lateral raises: 15x12 (per arm)
20x10 (per arm)
DB Front raises: 20x16 (combined)
DB Front raises: 25x12 (combined)

** Good workout... the dropset of squats really really kicked my ass, I was so tired after that, ridiculous I was so light headed and out of breath, it took forever to calm down. Good workout though, I was surprised I felt so good doing the shoulders even though recently my left one has been a bit annoyed.

Last edited:
That left shoulder doesn't sound too good .. sounds smiliar to mine. Then eventually mine just got to a point where I couldn't do any direct shoulder work and limiting Bench Pressing.
Do you do any rotator cuff exercises?? These helped me tons ...
Theres some really good info from Emma in This post here ....

Tom_B said:
That left shoulder doesn't sound too good .. sounds smiliar to mine. Then eventually mine just got to a point where I couldn't do any direct shoulder work and limiting Bench Pressing.
OMG, someone besides andrew and I posted in here... Yeah, I don't know what yours is andrew... My was a strain in the summer and I wasn't allowed to do direct shoulder work for about 4 weeks (or maybe it was more?), but a rotor cuff is more serious... What does the pain feel like exactly? Does it hurt when you're in position to do something like a pull-up or pull-down? Does it ever "pop" or "crack?"

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Tom_B said:

Thanks for the input, um I dont do any rotator cuff exercises. I will look into that, I am gonna check out that link now, thanks.

Seanp156 said:
OMG, someone besides andrew and I posted in here... Yeah, I don't know what yours in andrew... My was a strain in the summer and I wasn't allowed to do direct shoulder work for about 4 weeks (or maybe it was more?), but a rotor cuff is more serious... What does the pain feel like exactly? Does it hurt when you're in position to do something like a pull-up or pull-down? Does it ever "pop" or "crack?"

hah, yes :)

I dunno, my left shoulder isnt that bad as far as pain and strength really. I have noticed for a while some stuff like incline bench and what not strains my left side much faster than my right side, sometimes I would get a numbness down like the back of my triceps, but I cant remeber actual noteable pain from it. Just earlier this week the issue was a bit of numbness/aggravation for a while. It seems to be gone now, and has been for a few days, but regardless im still worried about it some. Certain postitions dont really aggravate it, but when I just move around my shoulders my left one seems to pop/crack some... so yeah...

:hmmm: :bawling:

A lot of those exercises are similar to what I did during physical therapy, so you it might be a good idea once a week... Haha, the guy's face on that site is so serious...

On things like L-Lateral Raise don't use anything over 20lbs... The point isn't to use a lot of weight, you'll probably want to start around 8 or so lbs...

hahaha I'm mostly a lurker :p

For me all I do is 2x a week (Mon & Wed with my cardio) is 4 sets of the Upright External Rotations and 4 sets of the DB scaptions , keeping it light. It's Helped me ALOT -> theres no pain there anymore whatsoever.
haven't tried any of the other exercises ..
But Either way good luck! Hope they help somewhat!

^ Thanks :)

2/25/06 Back and Triceps: Shock

Superset: DB Rows: 50x10
55x8
BB Shrugs: 175x13
165x16

Dropset: Latpulldown: 100x13, 90x10, 80x8

Dropset: BB Rows: 95x14, 85x10, 75x10

Dropset: DB Skullcrushers: 20x15, 15x10, 10x11

Superset: Benchdips: 45x12
45x10
Cable Pushdowns: 60x10
50x10

:hot:

2/28/06 Chest and Biceps: Power

BB flat bench: 135x6
145x4 (pb)
135x4

Butterfly machine: 80x9 (figuring what weight i should do)
100x6
110x5

Dips: 15x6
20x5
20x4

DB Curls: 30x14 (with both)
35x10 (with both)
35x8 (with both)

BB curls: 45x7
55x5

* Well, I am somewhat happy with my flat BB benching, I got 145x4 which was surprising and a PB, however I am pretty mad that my right shoulder began to hurt right after 135x6 on flat BB (form was ok to my knowledge) but yeah its ALWAYS been my left shoulder but today my right was annoyed... I dont get it, it was bad enough that even curls were aggravating it (top of the curl) ... very weird - my left shoulder wasnt annoyed really, just the right.

I did start the workout with some lateral raises (5lbs) to try to loosen up (lame attempt at rotary cuff work, I will start 2x next week) but yeah anyway im very surprised.... well atleast I did 145x4 today :laugh:

3/2/06 - Back and Triceps: Power

Deadlifts: 165x6
195x5
215x4 (pb)

DB Rows: 55x6
60x6
65x4 (pb)

Lat Pulldowns: 110x6
120x5
120x4

^ in between the sets I did sets of pullups: for- 7, 6, 6

DB Shrugs: 65x10
75x8
70x8

DB Skullcrushers: 25x6
30x1
25x5
20x7

Pushdowns: 60x6
70x4
60x6

* good workout, although again my shoulders started to feel annoyed from this, I think I should take off next week, what do you think? I dunno this is starting to be pretty annoying, but yeah any advice would be nice - I will start up those exercises for the rotary cuff or whatever here very soon to help to train it some.

oh and I weighed in today at: 149.2 lbs

Good w/o andrew... Wow 149, that's fairly high for you lately... Was that with shoes/clothes or just boxers etc? I dunno what to tell you about your shoulder, do what you're comfortable with I guess... If you get actual pain, I'd say probably take a week off... At least from and type of pressing movements.

Just a random question, why do you like DB skulls so much? They're alright for a change, but I don't really like them all that well... :confused:

I just think with a 4-6 rep range, weighted dips and CG bench would be better choices instead of purely isolation, or even normal skulls.

IML Gear Cream!
Seanp156 said:
Good w/o andrew... Wow 149, that's fairly high for you lately... Was that with shoes/clothes or just boxers etc? I dunno what to tell you about your shoulder, do what you're comfortable with I guess... If you get actual pain, I'd say probably take a week off... At least from and type of pressing movements.

Just a random question, why do you like DB skulls so much? They're alright for a change, but I don't really like them all that well... :confused:

I just think with a 4-6 rep range, weighted dips and CG bench would be better choices instead of purely isolation, or even normal skulls.

I have always weighed with just t-shirt, shorts, boxers, and socks... just what I wear to workout, minus the shoes. Yeah I might take next week off, well I might do some stuff, just not what may affect the shoulders.

I do DB skulls because I kinda like them, but I guess I have done them several times in a row per week, maybe I could switch back to the BB kinds... I should start CG bench though, I never do that.

:barf:

If your really serious about your shoulder, I would take an entire month (one week isn't going to do it.) off direct shoulder work (Still able to do some light Lateral and Rear Delt Work), focusing on those rotator cuff exercises. Also take a look at the ratio of Pressing to pulling movements in your routine and make sure it's balanced. If your also are doing Any type of Incline Pressing I'd switch it over to a decline Plane for a while, and not hit complete failure on your sets (I'd also be apprehensive Of doing normal flat Bench pressing too..). I know it sucks and your not going to want to do it .. but trust me it's worth it, I've been in your position. You need to ask yourself what's more important. Getting out a couple more weeks of training and risk tearing something that's going take you off training for months and leave you with a life long problem, forever affecting your training. Or switch things up for a bit and get more balance/strength within your shoulders then getting back to training, stronger than ever. One step backwards, two steps forward.

Tom_B said:
If your really serious about your shoulder, I would take an entire month (one week isn't going to do it.) off direct shoulder work (Still able to do some light Lateral and Rear Delt Work), focusing on those rotator cuff exercises. Also take a look at the ratio of Pressing to pulling movements in your routine and make sure it's balanced. If your also are doing Any type of Incline Pressing I'd switch it over to a decline Plane for a while, and not hit complete failure on your sets (I'd also be apprehensive Of doing normal flat Bench pressing too..). I know it sucks and your not going to want to do it .. but trust me it's worth it, I've been in your position. You need to ask yourself what's more important. Getting out a couple more weeks of training and risk tearing something that's going take you off training for months and leave you with a life long problem, forever affecting your training. Or switch things up for a bit and get more balance/strength within your shoulders then getting back to training, stronger than ever. One step backwards, two steps forward.

Thanks for the post man, I agree I gotta take the shoulder problem seriously before I really mess mine up and truely regret it. I am going to think up exactly what I am going to do but yeah direct shoulder is done for like you said like a month. I might still do some flat bench - but very light weight if it feels ok. I will review those rotator cuff exercises and figure out a little routine. Finally would ya explain the push/pull ratio a bit more... like what exactly do you mean?

Again, thanks for your input ;) :thumb:

2/4/05 Legs: Power (no shoulder due to injury)

*I had to do this workout at my house (pretty good gym) because im back home on spring break (at school in indiana)... I was going to go to the world gym with Sean but it was closed before I could go so we worked out at my house.

Squat machine: 230x6
250x6
260x5

Leg Ext: 150x6
160x6
70x4

Leg curls: 60x6
70x6
80x4

Calveraises: lever: 150x8
DB: 50x15
lever: 150x10
DB: 50x10

Then 5min (yeah, should do longer... :suicide: ) of stair master - got .65mi

Then some abs work.

:rocker:

2/7/06 Rotator cuff/shoulder conditioning and triceps then some abs: "rep range"

I did 3 sets of each of these exercises:

DB Upright external rotation (used 3 pounds)

L lateral raises (used 5lbs)

Cuban press (used a 15lb ezcurl BB)

DB Scaptions (used 5lbs)

I just did every set till I got a decent burn going. I think I like all these exercises, and will do them 2x a week, but I will probably rotate 1 of them each week to get it 3 workouts with 3 sets each per day I do them.

Triceps:

Close grip bench: 65x8 (I stopped cause I felt like my shoulder might be a little affected by it...)

BB Skullcrushers: 35x12, 55x8, 55x8

Pushdowns: 50x8, 50x8, 50x8

Then some abs stuff.

This week I will do legs like normal again, and hopefully back about like normal, its just chest and shoulders that are getting a rest really, and shoulders will be rested for a while I think besides the rotator cuff stuff for probably over 4 weeks, benching and chest work I will see about but I am taking them out for this week. Anyway I really hope nothing has been hurt badly and that I can get my shoulders healthy soon!

AndrewSS said:
Thanks for the post man, I agree I gotta take the shoulder problem seriously before I really mess mine up and truely regret it. I am going to think up exactly what I am going to do but yeah direct shoulder is done for like you said like a month. I might still do some flat bench - but very light weight if it feels ok. I will review those rotator cuff exercises and figure out a little routine. Finally would ya explain the push/pull ratio a bit more... like what exactly do you mean?

Again, thanks for your input ;) :thumb:

The push / pull ratio is the ratio of Pushing to pull movements (through the shoulder joint) within your routine .. Like for instance Lets say in one workout you did -

Bench press
Bent over BB Rows
Incliene Db Press

The ratio of Push to pull movements is 2:1 ... becuase there's two push movements and one pull.
So make sure withith your routine the ratio is pretty balanced.

And no prob just hope the info helps :)

^ I gotcha, that day I was sorta figuring out what works, I will cut it down

3/10/06 Back and some rotator cuff workouts: (Rep range)

DB Rows: 50x10
50x9
50x9

Deadlifts: 155x9
165x8
170x8

BB Shrugs: 155x11
165x10
*stopped cause I thought I could feel my shoulder a bit

Lat pulldowns: 75x10
85x9
*stopped cause I thought I could feel my shoulder some.

DB Scaptions: 5x15
5x13

Cuban press: 15lb (ezcurl bb): x15
x20

:bulb:

from 3/14/06 Chest and triceps + rotator cuff stuff: Shock

Superset: Machine butterflys: 90x10
100x9
BB Decline bench press: 85x10
95x10

Dropset: BB flat bench: 95x11, 105x9, 95x6, 85x7

Superset: BB Skullcrushers: 45x9
45x8
Bench dips: 35x11
35x10

Rotator cuff stuff: L lateral raise (2 sets)
Cuban press (2sets)
DB External rotations (2sets)

weight: 148.5lbs I was expecting to be lighter my diet has been bad lately over spring break I was working and not eating enough.

Back