• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Going for the Bronze.. The Reconstruction Period.

Kal

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Today I started my first day of my reconstruction. With the exception of one workout with Pylon 3 weeks ago. I have not set foot in a gym for 20+ years. I think I went once in high school to leg press once.

I went to the gym, joined and met with trainer. To be honest, I really expected him to look at me and yell, "Cancel My appointments for the rest of the afternoon". But it was nice to not be judged. He had a very basic workout for me. Legs, pull ups, dumbells, presses, situps etc. ( ok I forgot my book with the exact workout.) While doing the dumbell lifts (curl wrists, bring arms up parallel with shoulders) he tought me my first lesson. LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR. I'm sure this had to do with me using 5 lb dumbells.

At 37 years old, 200+/- lbs, I have no illusions about what shape I'm in. I know I have no uper body strength. So I do not feel bad about the 5 lb dumbells. I have to start somewhere.

I am really stoked about going back tomorrow. I will try to actually post what I'm doing.

My goals for now are this:
1: Follow through with this. (Ihave a tendancy to slack off)
2: Eat more than once a day
3: Feel good about myself
4. Have Fun!!!

I'm meeting with my trainer next week to get my body fat% (I'm sure its higher than my muscle %) and then I'll set my weight/mass goals..

till then......

:wave2: Sup Kal. Glad to hear your making a solid effort to get in shape. Good luck with your goals.

You've got a journal...yay....you've got a journal.

Now don't think you can skip your w/out just because you are going to Edmonton.... :laugh:

Pylon, I'm trusting the hotel in edmonton has a decent gym, if not I can always just run through the streets of edmonton:spaz: Not really a good idea.

GW, gotta have fun, otherwise why would I do this???? :)

Thanks for signing in Frank!!

gwcaton said:
No fair having "Have fun" as a goal. The rest of us are miserable :laugh:

:shhh: Let him get hooked first, then we'll show him the fine print! :lol:

Day 2

Ok, day two of my reconstruction has started. Here is yesterdays workout.

Leg Press 90 X15 (2)
Chest Press 80 X 15 (2)
BM Pull Ups 115 X15 100 X 15
DB side Raise 5 X 15 (2)
Tricep Press 80 X 15 (2)
Bicep Curls 40 X 15 (2)
Incline situps 20 (2)

Today I guess I forgot that my GOAL was to get up to 3 sets and work at the above weights until I was comfortable. I really set my self up to fail today. I am rushing things, I need to slow down and remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

Today's work out

5 Min bike warmup
Leg Press 90 X 15 (3)

Chest Press 80 X 15 (2)

BM Pullups 100 X 15, 100 X 11 (faliure on that set), 115 X 15

DB Side Raise 8 X 15 (2) I should not have increased the weight, my form was bad and it was a bad couple of sets. I forgot about the ego thing

Ticep Press 80 X 15 (2)

Bicep Curls 40 X 15 (2)

Incline Situps 20, 20

Cool Down 3 minutes Bike

I fell totally wasted after this workout. Too be expected. Still pumped about doing this though.

Look out Edmonton, Here I come. BTW anyone have any suggestions for Hotel workouts? The Hotel I'm staying at has a fitness center, so that probably means a treadmill and some sort of torture device that resembles weighs

Which one are you staying at? If it's the Holiday Inn near the shop, I think it is a treadmill and a stair machine, maybe a bike.

yeah its the one by the shop. Looks like I get to do Cardio for a couple of days. Yippie

Bah. It'll be good for you. Remember, no stopping at the bar on the way back to your room. The sauna and hot tub are the other direction.

IML Gear Cream!
What? There is a bar in this hotel? Now you know I wouldn't dream of hitting the bar after a workout. :D

Yeah, but I know you may skip the workout to go to the bar...

the no bar rule applies to beer in your room too, BTW...

Brother Kal, welcome my Friend!!! Great start in here, keep at it, anything I can do to help you out, let me know!!! Where about in St. Chuck do you live? I'm in St. Peters myself!!! I will be here with you!!!

ArchAngel, Good to see you in my journal. Pylon speaks quite highly of you. I'm over in the historic district of St. Chuck. 6th Street. I appreciate your support. I definately need it. :)

Pylon, I'm not going to skip my workout to enjoy the fine quiality beverages that Canada offers. However, I think a beverage after a work out is called for. We'll see. :)

Hmm....no w'outs in here....hmmm.....

Well, I know he's back from Edmonton......

Just droppin in my Friend!!!

Ok, Ok, I know no posts while in the Great white north. I had a lazy bug bite me. I did some push ups and lat presses in the room but not enough to write about. I know I am going to be getting a ton of crap from Pylon on monday but I will deserve it.

Hey Boilermaker. Welcome. Feel free to pick on me as much as Pylon does.

Hey tripplethreat. I only took you kinda seriously. Good to see you around.

Glad you dropped in Arch. read you started in on Sushi. Way to go man. That stuff is good for you.

My work out for Saturday was a small one. I did 2 reps of 30 lb baby presses. I did 3 reps of 13 lb baby presses to warm up. Does that count?

Back in the Gym on monday b/c I'm not sure if this gym is open on the weekends.

Peace!!!

IML Gear Cream!
Today was my first cardio day. 2.5 miles treadmill 1% incline. Walk/Run and 3 sets of 20 incline situps

My results are in and as of Weigh in yesterday here is how it stands. 189.5 lbs with a 21.8% body fat. So the goal here is to bring my body fat down to 18% by the end of February.

3 days of lifting with 3 - 5 days of Cardio is the goal. Also and most importantly is I need to start eating right. Starting with....eating. I usually only eat once a day. So for a while I'm also going to inclue my food intakes along with my work outs.
Todays Food: Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal
Morning snack: Energy bar (wasn't too good for me, too many sugars,)
Lunch: 2 Baked chicken breasts.
Afternoon Snack: piece of poptart 1 piece of beef jerky
Evening meal: 4oz Chili (homemade), 8 carrot sticks
Evening Snack: 2 rice cakes

I'll post the rest of the day's eatings this evening.

Last edited:
Yippie!!!

Ok. Did my first complete work out today. The one reccomended by the trainer. Which means I did all three sets. And I did not have to drop set any. Altho my form got a bit sloppy with the situps and the db's

Leg press 90X 15 (3)

Chest Press 80 X 15 (3)

BM Pullups 115 X 15 (3)

DB Side Rise 5 x 15 (3)

Tricep Press 80 X 15 (3) Almost didn't make this one.

Bicep Curls 40 X 15 (3)

Incline Situps 20 (3) This damn near killed me. I may start make this my first set instead of the last, maybe that will help. My form was awful the last 15 or so.

Ok...Food intake. If I haven't mentioned it, I hate eating when I'm not hungry. I have been assured tho, if I keep up eating 5 times a day, eventually I'll be wanting the food. We'll see.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Irish Oatmeal w/ 2 tbls Natural PB
Morning Snack: Met-Rx Protein Bar
Lunch: Black and Blue Salad from O' Charlies. Not greatly healthy, but I got protein, and at least I'm eating.

Beverages: 2 Diet Cokes, 5 mugs coffee (that is quite a cut back for me) and 40 oz water so far.

I am tracking my nutritional info at fitday.com, so I get some idea of how many calories I'm eating, where I need to cut back etc. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ufkal is the link to check that out.

Afternoon Snack: piece of poptart 1 piece of beef jerky
Evening meal: 4oz Chili (homemade), 8 carrot sticks

Piece of a pop tart? 4 oz. Chili? Dude, you are going to melt away. Introduce yourself to brown rice mixed with steamed veggies. You can make a batch in advance and add 35 grams of the protein of your choice to 1 cup of that for about 300 to 400 calories. Also, you will need some healthy fats. Pylon can help you more with this. I use fish oil pills, cook with olive oil, use natural peanut butter and avacodos. They are calorie dense and good for you. One other thing, I like nutritiondata.com. You can build your own pantry with common foods, custom entries and entries for entire recipies. Once you learn to use it, it's better than fitday, in my opinion. I'd be glad to send you an email of my pantry with a lot of common ingredients and my shakes in it if you would like. Save you a lot of time. You just clike restore pantry and you will have it on your computer as a cookie. Send me a pm if interested.

Thanks for the info Boilermaker. I know I need to eat better, I'm trying.

ok end of the day, here are the food results. I managed to get in 1.8 oz of beef jerky for afternoon meal/snack. Dinner was field greens with orange peppers, and tomatoes and about 4 oz of Chicken breast. I consumed 150 oz of water to day, my personal best. got about 1500/1600 calories in a 2k calorie diet. Tomorrow....cardio.

I have cardio tomorrow to my Friend, Best wishes to you!!!

Man...it must be nice to be looking around for 400 cals at the end of the day... :rolleyes: :laugh:

I don't know how I overlooked this journal for so long, but it looks like your off to a great start Kal...I just hope you stick with it! We've had so many newbies dissapear after a week or two!
I am Billie by the way...the resident Bad Girl...:funny:

Thanks for stopping by billie. Always nice to have the resident bad girl visit. Thanks for your support. I'm fortunate (or unfortunate depending on how you look at it) to have Pylon in the office with me. He'll kick my ass if I start to slide. For now, one day at a time. :)

Well I felt like total dog poo yesterday, think I am/ was getting sick. I went home early took some meds and slept. I think my body was having a hard time adjusting to me working out, and actually eating more than once a day.

I really felt it today.

Leg press 90X 15 (3)

Chest Press 80 X 15 (3) I wasn't breathing right and I think I burst a blood vessel in my neck. sharp pains in neck and head. like a ice cream headache.

BM Pullups 115 X 15 (2) 100 X 15

DB Side Rise 5 x 15 (3) no hold

Tricep Press 80 X 15 (3) Form got crappy on the last 3. but I made it.

Bicep Curls 40 X 15 (3)

Incline Situps 20 (3) I did this set first. It was slightly eaiser but not much.

warm up 4 minutes bike setting 3
warm down 6 minutes treadmill setting 2.8 1% incline.

back to eating normally today. Oatmeal pb and protein powder for breakfast. A protein bar at 9 am, Protein shake with oatmeal for lunch. Having sushi with Pylon and Arch Angel at 3.

So far I'm feeling pretty good about this, but I've yet to get D.O.M.S. so I'm guessing I'm not doing something right.

Back