• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Working biceps was a waste of my time!!!

distalman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all,

Interesting info here that will probably stir it up pretty good!!!

"working biceps is a waste of time if your looking for serious gains on the bench press" waste of time? yup...read on brother....

I am new to this forum- but I have been around the iron for a while. I weight in at 220 lbs.

I bench every other day using a set amount of weight (225 lbs.) and doing 5 sets, of 8-10 reps every time. I have found that there really seems to be no need to work the biceps when I was learning to build up to this type workout, seems the only way I was able to make gains to this level and maintain this regiment is because I STOPPED working my biceps!!! I used to have big problems with being able to bench much weight, even when I used to try to work them even a few times a week, I would always end up over trained and arms drained going backwards on bench.

The tricepts still get worked and have never overtrained, but for some reason the bicep was always my downfall...hopefully this will help others as it has helped me.

distalman said:
Hey all,

Interesting info here that will probably stir it up pretty good!!!

"working biceps is a waste of time if your looking for serious gains on the bench press" waste of time? yup...read on brother....

I am new to this forum- but I have been around the iron for a while. I weight in at 220 lbs.

I bench every other day using a set amount of weight (225 lbs.) and doing 5 sets, of 8-10 reps every time. I have found that there really seems to be no need to work the biceps when I was learning to build up to this type workout, seems the only way I was able to make gains to this level and maintain this regiment is because I STOPPED working my biceps!!! I used to have big problems with being able to bench much weight, even when I used to try to work them even a few times a week, I would always end up over trained and arms drained going backwards on bench.

The tricepts still get worked and have never overtrained, but for some reason the bicep was always my downfall...hopefully this will help others as it has helped me.
That is the worst workout ever posted here...

Hey meat head

ForemanRules said:
That is the worst workout ever posted here...

That is ONLY my bench press jack!!! the entire workout wouldn't fit in your daily plan or this forum, read between the lines, I was talking about bench press gains vs. entire workout.

distalman said:
That is ONLY my bench press jack!!! the entire workout wouldn't fit in your daily plan or this forum, read between the lines, I was talking about bench press gains vs. entire workout.
Benching EOD for 5 sets is pure stupidity jack....as is the rest of your post.

ForemanRules said:
Benching EOD for 5 sets is pure stupidity jack....as is the rest of your post.

Now now Eric, we're supposed to teach. I really shouldnt leave you alone with the n00bs, should I?

hahaha, But seriously, foreman's point is entirely valid and true. EOD benching is purely counterproductive, only yielding gains at the beginning of one's lifting career, and shortly yielding lifelong injuries.

there is no way the chest can recover in 2 days from benching....let me guess... u have been working out with the same weight on bench for a long time?

maybe because it doesnt have time to recover and grow

... and of course working biceps doesn't help with bench presses. They are not the muscle that is used in a bench press so why would it?

Actually I've read that some powerlifters train biceps because if their arms are big enough, the biceps can act as a cushion to the weight and provide a little extra 'spring' to the lift.

whats EOD

Every other day.

o gotcha

when you said EOd is a bad idea, do u do yours weekly or twice a week.

I do mine suually on saturday ro sunday and im considering jumping up to twice a week, i havent ogne up in weight in close to 3 weeks now.

wow spelling police

goandykid said:
o gotcha

when you said EOd is a bad idea, do u do yours weekly or twice a week.

I do mine suually on saturday ro sunday and im considering jumping up to twice a week, i havent ogne up in weight in close to 3 weeks now.

New here, but I usually do it only once a week.. i started VERY weak(only able to bench about 90 lbs for around 6 or 7 reps.) But I continued to bench around 3 times a week to get bigger quicker. Whether it was poor form, lack of eating, overtraining(or all three) I didn't see many gains and basically wasted a year. I now only do excercises once per week with a proper diet and my bench and overall strength is jumpin up pretty steady.

I would do what works for you though, don't over train i learned the hard way.

Squaggleboggin said:
Actually I've read that some powerlifters train biceps because if their arms are big enough, the biceps can act as a cushion to the weight and provide a little extra 'spring' to the lift.

Makes sense. As well, because of all the tricep training they do, it would probably be a good idea to throw in some bicep training for balance to prevent elbow problems. I'm probably going to have to throw some curls into my routine on occasion for good measure.

Back