• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What are the health implications of processed food?

BigDyl

Elite Kiki
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know, it's a generalized question... :shrug:

For the masses, it will make you fat. It is essentially pre-digested food, so it gets in your system easier. If you don't burn the cals you will get fat, if you do burn them it is irrelevant.

What about the nutrient value of something processed like, say, the piece of chicken in a "grilled chicken" sub?

I don't think you are going to find processed chicken, but if you do, I wouldn't eat it.

Chciken should only have 3 parts to processing. kill it, cook it, and eat it.

Subway chicken breast... I don't think that is chicken.

And yes, there is processed chicken. What about boar's head lunch meats?

processed carbs are the food to watch, processed protein I wouldn't think would make a difference. The worry is that very finely processed carbs will cause a big insulin surge and then, eventually, a dysfunction. I will not say insulin resistance.

ST240 said:
Exactly what i was referring to.

Can someone explain what it is?

as far as i know processed food lacks all the nutrients and 'goodness' of fresh (non-processed) food, and by getting calories from processed food you are therefore missing opportunities in the way of nutrients from fresh foods, processed foods are also more likely to contain sugar, salt, and bad fats, so that is another reason to be weary eating them too freely, as long as you keep food choices balanced and keep the processed stuff in moderation you should be ok

So, eating at subway = bad? Even if its a tuna sandwich?

IML Gear Cream!
tannywild said:
So, eating at subway = bad? Even if its a tuna sandwich?

First off, tuna contains dangerous amounts of mercury. Secondly, the mayonaise they use probably has bad fats in it. Thirdly the bread is made out of some combination of white flour and sodium.

BigDyl said:
First off, tuna contains dangerous amounts of mercury. Secondly, the mayonaise they use probably has bad fats in it. Thirdly the bread is made out of some combination of white flour and sodium.

Jury is still out on that one. While it has been proven that there are mercury levels in tuna, I wouldn't call them "dangerous" unless you're eating it religiously. If they are indeed dangerous, well, a lot of bodybuilders are going to die at a young age, myself included.

I've heard if the tuna is wild, the levels are significantly lower than farmed tuna.

young d said:
as far as i know processed food lacks all the nutrients and 'goodness' of fresh (non-processed) food, and by getting calories from processed food you are therefore missing opportunities in the way of nutrients from fresh foods, processed foods are also more likely to contain sugar, salt, and bad fats, so that is another reason to be weary eating them too freely, as long as you keep food choices balanced and keep the processed stuff in moderation you should be ok
:thumb:

Back