• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

personal training?

baseball14

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was talking to my friend about personal training, and was wondering if there was a web site that offered the testing? Almost like an on-line class for personal training.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I believe the NASM has online testing, but you have to go to a testing center in your area. Both NASM and ISSA have at home testing situations where you pay for materials and they send you the book and the test.

They also allow you to get 2 tests and one set of materials so you can share at a lower cost.

Yours pays me.

Lots of places to get certification...frankly, I think most of the tests are complete nonsense but I'm a cynic..

Duncans Donuts said:
Lots of places to get certification...frankly, I think most of the tests are complete nonsense but I'm a cynic..

I agree. Many things make up a good personal trainer. having a certification is not one of them.

P-funk said:
having a certification is not one of them.

And having a cert you can take at home is prolly a strike against you unless you want to work at Bally's.

IML Gear Cream!
I still say a certification helps, at least if you take it through a credible organization. There's a Fitness First about 30 minutes north of me that hires trainers with no experience and no certification at like $7-8 an hour. It's fucking pathetic. I'm not saying a certification makes for a good trainer necessarily, but it adds a little something.

CowPimp said:
I still say a certification helps, at least if you take it through a credible organization. There's a Fitness First about 30 minutes north of me that hires trainers with no experience and no certification at like $7-8 an hour. It's fucking pathetic. I'm not saying a certification makes for a good trainer necessarily, but it adds a little something.

That's what Bally's does, you get like $6 more if you are cert'ed.

Dale Mabry said:
That's what Bally's does, you get like $6 more if you are cert'ed.

That is completely fucking ridiculous. That shit blows my mind. You have to be nationally certified and pass an in-house test to become a trainer at my gym.

There is an inhouse test at Bally's, but it is fucking easy. That was a couple of years ago, mind you. Then they came up with this thing grading trainers on a 4 point scale. Level 1 trainers could charge 34 a session, level 2 could charge $44 a session, level 3 could charge $56 a session and level 4 could charge $66 a session. The fucked up thing was that if you are a level 4, you should try to get the level 4 price, but if you don't, you try to sell them at a lower level, then you have the choice to train them at that level or give them to another trainer at the lower level.

Dale Mabry said:
There is an inhouse test at Bally's, but it is fucking easy. That was a couple of years ago, mind you. Then they came up with this thing grading trainers on a 4 point scale. Level 1 trainers could charge 34 a session, level 2 could charge $44 a session, level 3 could charge $56 a session and level 4 could charge $66 a session. The fucked up thing was that if you are a level 4, you should try to get the level 4 price, but if you don't, you try to sell them at a lower level, then you have the choice to train them at that level or give them to another trainer at the lower level.

That whole setup is stupid. So what they are saying is that basically if you don't have much money you get a shitty trainer? Give me a fucking break.

Yeah, our in-house test is fairly easy too. I could pass it easily. I've seen it, but it does keep total morons and people who are kickass multiple choice test takes out..

dude who needs a certification? id much rather have a trainer who looks cool and doesnt know wtf he is talking about than a total dweeb bookworm.

squanto said:
dude who needs a certification? id much rather have a trainer who looks cool and doesnt know wtf he is talking about than a total dweeb bookworm.

The Managers hiring you need to see the certification so that is why you have to have it. One places was giving my frined a hard time because he didn't have a cert YET he had a degree in Exercise Science (WTF??). It doesn't make sense at all but that is the way it is.

squanto said:

This person will lead you straight to an injury.

squanto said:

Am I the only one that caught this joke? Heh.

DOMS said:
It would be approporiate, seeing how you're riding my ass, which seems gay.

Look, I'm not gay, but let's have children together.

an easier way is to win a contest[bodybuilding,powerlifting,strongman,ect.]and you become an instant expert.

i would still rather have these people training me than one who passed a cert test with no real background in training.

Back