• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

adding 5 lbs after each set

Super Hulk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
after the second set i feel weak.
should i subtract 5 lbs after each set or keep it the same or add ?

i keep it the same usually... ive heard its not a good idea to take weight off after every set, but this was coming from an idiot, so don't take it to heart.

EDIT: although it was a really big idiot, so there might be a little bit of credability there.

unless you're wave loading, i don't see the purpose of adding or subtracting weight...

i add weight each set ..for example: benchpress i add weight until i can only do 9reps but i do 8reps and do that for 4sets

Or trying to stay in a certain rep-range.

Tough Old Man said:
I wouldn't. How much time are you taking between sets?

30 sec-1 minute

like today i did military press
125 X8 that was easy
125 x 8 easy
135 -x4 is all i could do ...getting weaker
last set was pitiful so i did 1 more 130 x6

why not just 125 x 8, 3 sets. Then when you can do that you can do 130 x 4, 3 sets.

just a suggestion.
I always do 3 sets of the same weight. Then when I can do 3 sets of 8 I increase.

Maybe you just need to rest a little.

How many times a week do you work each body part?

Last edited:
1) Start with a lower weight for the first set.
2) Decrease the increments at which you add weight.
3) Decrease the reps as you increase the weight.

You can't honestly expect to increase in strength after a certain amount of muscular fatigue. Do one or more of the following or simply do flat sets_x_reps. Pyramiding and its reverse are somewhat dumb concepts IMO. There's just something about them that seems so pointless.

If you were to do, however, three progressively heavier warm up sets and a final heavy set, that might be acceptable. For example, if your 5RM is 200 for a given exercise, do 1x5 (100); 1x5 (130); 1x5 (160); 1x5 (190). Of course, I don't know your level of experience, etc., so make sure you have a significant amount of base strength with which to work before doing heavy movements.

IML Gear Cream!
how long should you rest between sets if ur looking to gain size? i normaly have a good 2-3 min rest so that i can hit the next set hard again.

you ever hear of reverse pyramid training

two warmup sets go to your top weight for a couple of sets reduce the weight and add reps after that.the idea is to hit your heaviest sets first when you are fresh.
example

warmup [135x5,225x3]
275x3,275x3,255x5,235x7,215x9

Back