• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Creatine: A Gateway to AAS?

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I had written up an essay last night about this in here, and my computer froze, so im going to be brief.

basically, i had a discussion with my good friends dad about how i thought he should allow his son to take creatine when apparently he had previously not allowed him to do so.

he told me he didn't want him to, but never said he couldnt. he compared creatine to marijuana in the sense that he believes me, aswell as his son if he went on it, will take a liking to the gains that we recieve and it will lead into steroid use down the road.

there was one point where i told myself i'd never take creatine, there was one point where i told myself i'd never take steroids. as i became more knowledgable i've been open about my creatine usage, and am seriously considering taking steroids 5-10 years down the road.

with that being said, is he right? is creatine a gateway supplement to AAS usage?

With that logic you could say damn near everything is gateway to something. Good grief!

Sounds like American propaganda has set in very well. The Idea that weed is a gateway drug is laughable......they never seem to mention booze as the #1 gate way drug ever......so the logic is bunk...just propaganda. Same applies to this topic. No such thing IMO.

does he exercise/take supplements?

maybe his lack of knowledge would lead him to jump to that sort of a conclusion- as ridiculous as it is

what rob said was right on the money.... it has nothing to do with creatine but the desire for a man to get stronger that might take a turn towards AAS.

I think he finds that starting supplements like creatine, will throw his son into the world of supplementation... His son will most likely start hopping onto forums like this and will obviously see all the people that take roids.
Now that most of the people on these boards know about roid usage, and usually have a fairly good understanding of the do's and dont's...he will start reading and informing himself about roids and could start using them...
Not to say that the two are really related- roids and creatine-- but both are considered supplements to bodybuilding.. and both are used to increase the results seen from working out.
If he would be able to keep his son in line and inform him that all he needs to do is eat more, than maybe he would stay natural and with these natural gains maybe he would become anti-sterioids seeing as he got big w/o the use...

How can creatine (a naturally occuring supplement) be a gateway to injectable synthetic hormones? I'm at a complete loss here.

Is ephedra a gateway to crystal meth? :suicide:

sugar might be
can possibly give you a light "high"

soxmuscle said:
I had written up an essay last night about this in here, and my computer froze, so im going to be brief.

basically, i had a discussion with my good friends dad about how i thought he should allow his son to take creatine when apparently he had previously not allowed him to do so.

he told me he didn't want him to, but never said he couldnt. he compared creatine to marijuana in the sense that he believes me, aswell as his son if he went on it, will take a liking to the gains that we recieve and it will lead into steroid use down the road.

there was one point where i told myself i'd never take creatine, there was one point where i told myself i'd never take steroids. as i became more knowledgable i've been open about my creatine usage, and am seriously considering taking steroids 5-10 years down the road.

with that being said, is he right? is creatine a gateway supplement to AAS usage?

I am 100% with you here Sox.

A gateway substance is a simple term used to describe any substance that opens the door to other substances, whether that open door be physically, emotionally, psychologically.

If an uneducated, young lift begins to take creatine, he will undoubtedly enjoy the gains resulting from it. He may be bloated, it may be water gains, but they are "gains" nonetheless. One could imagine this would create quite the pscyological lift.

Once the novelty of the creatine gains wears off, he may look for that psychological lift once more, and he would search into other supplements. But I agree there is a very real opportunity to be led to steroids as a result of searching for that lift, that edge.

Without a doubt, Sox, I agree.

However, this isn't to say that all creatine users will end up pinning enan. But, to those with simple & susceptible minds, it may get the ball rolling.

Not that its such a bad thing either....

IML Gear Cream!
Robert DiMaggio said:
that is rediculous, creatine has nothing to do with it, it is the obsession with getting bigger and stronger.

I disagree with your first part, and agree with your 2nd.... I think you are somewhat contradicting yourself.

any and all opinions are valued.

i am not necessarily in agreement with my friends dad, but i dont necessarily agree with the general consensus here so far either.

obviously the obsession with wanting more and more, and being bigger and bigger is going to drive somebody to steroid use, but at the same time, there are steps that people take to acquire that desire and i dont necessarily disagree entirely that creatine isn't one of those steps.

du510 said:
I am 100% with you here Sox.

A gateway substance is a simple term used to describe any substance that opens the door to other substances, whether that open door be physically, emotionally, psychologically.

If an uneducated, young lift begins to take creatine, he will undoubtedly enjoy the gains resulting from it. He may be bloated, it may be water gains, but they are "gains" nonetheless. One could imagine this would create quite the pscyological lift.

Once the novelty of the creatine gains wears off, he may look for that psychological lift once more, and he would search into other supplements. But I agree there is a very real opportunity to be led to steroids as a result of searching for that lift, that edge.

Without a doubt, Sox, I agree.

However, this isn't to say that all creatine users will end up pinning enan. But, to those with simple & susceptible minds, it may get the ball rolling.

Not that its such a bad thing either....

As I kept reading responses, stating how ridiculous the notion was, I was thinking, "It doesn't sound that strange to me"

I'm glad you posted this so that I wouldn't have to.

I couldn't agree more.

If you can blame creatine as a gateway to AAS use you have serious self control issues and obviously have issues with accepting responsibility for your own actions.

This isn't pointed at anyone in this thread, just the people who'd use this as an excuse. The people who'll end up on Oprah with tales of creatine woes.

redspy said:
If you can blame creatine as a gateway to AAS use you have serious self control issues and obviously have issues with accepting responsibility for your own actions.

This isn't pointed at anyone in this thread, just the people who'd use this as an excuse. The people who'll end up on Oprah with tales of creatine woes.

I dont think anyone is denying that, Red, not one bit. However, that is very much aside from the point.

Creatine is a very small step in the direction of supplementation. It is a first step, a step that thousands take each month. But only few of those move on to hormones. Still, that is aside from the point.

My point in my first post is simple: supplemental creatine is an exogenous substance that individuals consume to gain that edge, that step up. Those uncomfortable with that edge will never venture away from food. Many enjoy the edge solely of legal, non-hormonal supplementation. Others continue progressing to hormones. The quest for "the edge", in some cases undoubtedly began with creatine.

Simply to reiterate & clarify, I do agree that if creatine is your gateway drug, then you have serious self-control issues. But again, that is not the topic in question.

All life experiences are gateways to other life experiences. To me the term "gateway" has a negative connotation that I don't agree with.

du510 said:
I dont think anyone is denying that, Red, not one bit. However, that is very much aside from the point.

Creatine is a very small step in the direction of supplementation. It is a first step, a step that thousands take each month. But only few of those move on to hormones. Still, that is aside from the point.

My point in my first post is simple: supplemental creatine is an exogenous substance that individuals consume to gain that edge, that step up. Those uncomfortable with that edge will never venture away from food. Many enjoy the edge solely of legal, non-hormonal supplementation. Others continue progressing to hormones. The quest for "the edge", in some cases undoubtedly began with creatine.

Simply to reiterate & clarify, I do agree that if creatine is your gateway drug, then you have serious self-control issues. But again, that is not the topic in question.

For the most part you do have a point, as few people do not jump straight to AAS before creatine/glutamine/NO2 experimentation with their body. I'm not so sure though that it can be declared as a gateway to something so different...

good post though

Back