• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

running/strethching question

Monster Mayhem

GertbeetFrobe
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
for those that have read my earlier post about training for an agilty test coming up, i have been working on my 1.5 mile running time and i have found that my biggest problem with running isnt that my heartrate gets to high and i just cant run any longer, for me my legs get super stiff and hurt after about a half mile.. I stretch for at least 15 mins before i run but i cant seem to keep my calves from tightening up. if anyone has any adivse i would greatly apprciate it.. i have the cardio endurance i just have to keep my calves for getting so tight and hurting.

Thanx for any adivse you have to offer

Recent research, which i dont know the link to, has found that stretching before exercise is likely to lead to muscle strain/damage. So this may not be helping.

I have a similar prob but i just keep running and eventually it mellows out. What happens when you get this tightening feeling? Do you stop or carry on?

I have this same exact problem. I usually run till they tighten up and then walk it off and run again so on and so on. It seems to be helping me but the progress is slow.

Same problem here for about a month when i started running. Really stretching the calves and hams out before during and after helped. Eventually it went away and is never an issue.

For me, my outer calves only hurt when i run on concrete, on treadmill my calves are fine. if you're running on concrete, try on treadmill, see if it stilll hurts.

i dont want to run on a treadmill for the fact that agility test will be on a track. so i dont want to get use to running on a treadmill when i have to get ready for this test. im just plugging away. each day ad 1/4 mile sooner or later i will be ready for this test. its not to the point that i cant run or anything its just uncomfortable when im running and really uncomfortable when im done. but thanx for the advise

treadmill will prob feel a little better... however when i run on treadmill at any speed i feel like i am just jumping in place...im 6'5 and i usually run steady at 7.5, once i get over 8.5 i start to feel my feet catching the back side

and are they just tight or are they cramping? My legs normally start to crap out around 300m but im listening to music and concentrating on my breathing so i just forget about it and it goes away.

i forgot what i was reading, but it said that running is mainly mental. In most cases your pain is pretty weak and you could go along with it. But your mind is lazy and you stop.

Back