• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A Hawks fans response to the Super Bowl...

largepkg said:
Good grief! The reason for the call was it was a bad call. He attempted the tackle and made the tackle without contact the opposing player (blocker) first, case closed.

Are you so gullible as to believe the refs are infallible?

I will say after reviewing each play in more detail the game wasn't as poorly called as I first thought. The judgment calls could have gone either way. It just happened to go against Seattle. The one exception would be this call though.

I was watching Inside The NFL last night and they went over pretty much every play. I'm sure the NFL had something to do with their programing because they highlighted each penalty to show why the refs made that particular call. The one glaring absence was this call! I wonder why?

Dude, come on.
You saw the play. He took out the blocker first. The guy was in mid air from the hit before Hasslebeck came in contact with the ball carrier.

jesus christ, who cares, give it up. refs made bad calls and the NFL made it clear that it will continue, so get ready.

all of this shit u guys say isn't going to solve anything .. give it up

Seattle will never make it back to the superbowl again. It was definitely a fluke because of their easy .. EASY schedule they had this year and a GOOD offensive line that did all the work for shaun alexander.

They will not make the playoffs next year .. if they do, it's because the 49ers, cardinals, and rams suck and they will lose the 1st round anyways.

NFC SUCKS .. AFC won the superbowl the last 4 years, and 5 of the last 6

shiznit2169 said:

Seattle will never make it back to the superbowl again. It was definitely a fluke because of their easy .. EASY schedule they had this year and a GOOD offensive line that did all the work for shaun alexander.

They will not make the playoffs next year .. if they do, it's because the 49ers, cardinals, and rams suck and they will lose the 1st round anyways.

They'll definitely make it back to the playoffs. The beauty of the NFC. What's great is that the Pats have an easier schedule this year than the Seahawks did this past year. The beauty of being matched with the NFC South.

shiznit2169 said:

Your post is totally contradictory. The Seahawks will never make it back to the SB b/c the AFC is so much better?

Seattle is the early favorite to win the NFC next year. I think there are at least three, if not four, AFC teams with higher odds to WIN the SB. They are matched up with the old AFC West next year, should be interesting. Those teams owned Seattle when they were in the AFC West.

I didn't take an hour to read all 7 pages, but I'll give my opinion whether it's been said already or not....

That Off. Pass Int. call was no doubt questionable. Did he push off? No. When you are about to make contact with someone (as the WR did with the DB) you naturally put your arms up, you don't keep them at your sides. When you are going to run you naturally flail your arms, you don't keep them at your sides. So, do i think he pushed off? No. BUT, it did look like that, so that's why the refs called it.

Secondly, it didn't look like Ben got in on the QB scramble.....and I had $ on Pitt so i wanted them to win.

Here's the deal.........did the refs have a factor in the game? Sure they did. But, Seattle didn't play well enough anyway to win either way.

IML Gear Cream!
Flex said:
I didn't take an hour to read all 7 pages, but I'll give my opinion whether it's been said already or not....

That Off. Pass Int. call was no doubt questionable. Did he push off? No. When you are about to make contact with someone (as the WR did with the DB) you naturally put your arms up, you don't keep them at your sides. When you are going to run you naturally flail your arms, you don't keep them at your sides. So, do i think he pushed off? No. BUT, it did look like that, so that's why the refs called it.

That was most def. a push off, he sends the defender back two steps

Hlanderr said:

The head of NFL officials was on the NFL network and said the 15 yard penalty on Hasselbeck for "tackling below the waist" was a BLOWN CALL.

He defended the officials on EVERY OTHER call, but not that one. He referenced the rule that you think we are so stupid for not understanding and said that the rule does not apply b/c Hasselbeck missed the lead "blocker."

This is the HEAD of officiating saying that you are dead wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/
Go to the side that says "NFL Network"
In the drop down, select Official Review: Super Bowl XL

I hope this ends your ridiculous support for that call.

Back