• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fear of MRSA Staph Infections May Help Boost Home Gym Sales

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://www.bestsyndication.com/Articles/2006/dan_wilson/health/02/020406_mrsa-staph.htm

Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) was once a disease reserved for Convalescent and Assisted Care facilities. Today staph infections have become more common in gyms, locker rooms, whirlpools and from weightlifting equipment.
Last April defensive tackle for the Washington Redskins, Brandon Noble, was sidelined with the infection. According to doctors, if he had waited another 24 hours he could have died or lost a limb. His story was recently featured on an ABC News segment about MRSA.
MRSA usually enter the body from a cut or small scratch. The area may become red and then the infected individual will experience flu like symptoms including intense pain

Infections among professional and amateur athletes are becoming more common. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention there are more than 130,000 people taken to the hospital each year because of MRSA. Outbreaks hit sports teams because players are often in close contact and have open wounds.
Hillary Swank developed a serious drug resistant Staph infection on her foot while working on the Million Dollar Baby film. She was in contact with gym equipment and was working out daily for the movie. It started with a blister on her foot, and then she had red marks going up her leg.
This is one of the reasons home gyms are expected to be popular this year. Sales of elliptical trainers and treadmills are expected to increase. Considering what you would pay for a years membership at the local gym, home gyms and treadmills are becoming more affordable.

All the jacuzzis have been removed from my chain of gyms because of infection rates. scary stuff.

solution ..always wear gloves when working out and baggy pants, t-shirt so ur skin comes into minimal contact with the equipment. Oh yeah; always wash your hands.

Man, this is scary. I seen pictures of this in the newpaper today. Now I understand why certain individuals are so anal about wiping down the machines before they use them.

It's also strange that studies recommend against using antibacterial soap... Here most people buy it cause they are thinking it is the superior stuff, and now they say it can promote bacteria growth (especially from this staph bug).

Randy said:
Man, this is scary. I seen pictures of this in the newpaper today. Now I understand why certain individuals are so anal about wiping down the machines before they use them.

It's also strange that studies recommend against using antibacterial soap... Here most people buy it cause they are thinking it is the superior stuff, and now they say it can promote bacteria growth (especially from this staph bug).

It may just make it stronger.

Staph infections? I dont even know yet what is chlamydia and candida. :lol:

Back