• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Nutrition Advice?

browneyes08

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm a 20 year old female, I'm 5'2" and weigh 115 lb. If I had to guess I'd say I'm probably about 16% body fat, but that's just an estimate.

On a typical day I usually don't have time to eat breakfast, although I'm trying to change that. If I do eat breakfast it's usually cheerios with milk and banana and a glass of orange juice. For lunch I either have a chicken sandwich or a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. For dinner it varies (I'm stuck with dining hall food) but I usually have some meat and a starch (like potatoes) and veggies from the salad bar.

I work out 3 times a week for about an hour, but mostly on weights. I'm not a big fan of cardio.

I'm trying to lose some body fat and gain some muscle tone. I was just hoping to get some advice on how to change my diet to reach my goals. Thanks!

browneyes08 said:
I'm a 20 year old female, I'm 5'2" and weigh 115 lb. If I had to guess I'd say I'm probably about 16% body fat, but that's just an estimate.

On a typical day I usually don't have time to eat breakfast, although I'm trying to change that. If I do eat breakfast it's usually cheerios with milk and banana and a glass of orange juice. For lunch I either have a chicken sandwich or a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. For dinner it varies (I'm stuck with dining hall food) but I usually have some meat and a starch (like potatoes) and veggies from the salad bar.

I work out 3 times a week for about an hour, but mostly on weights. I'm not a big fan of cardio.

I'm trying to lose some body fat and gain some muscle tone. I was just hoping to get some advice on how to change my diet to reach my goals. Thanks!
First off, you need breakfast, and you should be eating 5-6 small meals a day that fit into your daily caloric needs. So for starters, can take the time to eat 5-6 small meals a day?

hey browneyes, welcome to the boards :). as 40-yard stated, you definitely need to first make adjustments to your diet. make time for breakfast including some better food choices that will work with you in reaching your goals rather than against you. i'm a cardo hater too but a couple times a week will assist in bf loss as well as increasing your cardiovascular health overall. take some time to check out the stickies, ask questions and even post details of your diet and or training for more specific feedback.

as a side note, muscles grow and shrink...they do not tone ;). again, welcome and best of luck to you!

browneyes08 said:

Always eat breakfast, it will get your metabolism started early for the rest of the day. Definitely try to eat more meals, and it sounds like you might not be eating enough. How much weight are you looking to lose?

Thanks for the advice guys.

And it's hard to say how much weight I want to lose, because I'm not thinking about it in pounds, more like what my body looks like. However if I had to estimate I'd say anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs. Altho 10 lbs might be a little much. But yeah.

I was just wondering if anyone had any specific advice about, like how MUCH i should be eating of certain foods. it's just so hard because i'm limited to dining hall food, and i have class all day so it's really hard to eat 5-6 small meals a day. it should be easier next year when i actually have a kitchen :p

i try to eat some protein at lunch and dinner and i always get veggies (especially tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers) at dinner.

i don't know, im trying to follow common sense. any help is appreciated

Second, you need to post some pics of yourself in your gallery so we can further asses the situation.

Back