• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock--Plymouth Rock landed on us

bones33

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm having a little trouble udnerstanding this quote, i know, weird question... I dont get what the "rock" symbolizes.

bones33 said:
I'm having a little trouble udnerstanding this quote, i know, weird question... I dont get what the "rock" symbolizes.

You must not have a 230 IQ like I do then.

I'm sorry, you're out of luck...

It's from Malcom X, it about how Africans came here against there own will.
I saw the movie. :shrug:

min0 lee said:
It's from Malcom X, it about how Africans came here against there own will.
I saw the movie. :shrug:

RACIST!!!!!!!!!

Didn't they teach you guys anything about the pilgrims landing on Plymouth Rock?

min0 lee said:
Didn't they teach you guys anything about the pilgrims landing on Plymouth Rock?

HUSH IT, YOU INTELLECTUAL INFERIOR!!!!!

BY GOLLY, YOU GOT ME ALL FLUSTERED NOW...

BigDyl said:
HUSH IT, YOU INTELLECTUAL INFERIOR!!!!!

BY GOLLY, YOU GOT ME ALL FLUSTERED NOW...

Now, now let me slowly explain this. The Pilgrims became the Boston Red Sox's and at October they met the Indian tribe from Cleveland.....at first they had their differences until The Damn Yankees came and restored order for many years to come.
Thats basically how Thanksgiving began.

min0 lee said:
Now, now let me slowly explain this. The Pilgrims became the Boston Red Sox's and at October they met the Indian tribe from Cleveland.....at first they had their differences until The Damn Yankees came and restored order for many years to come.
Thats basically how Thanksgiving began.

WAIT A SECOND HERE,

IN MY US HISTORY BOOK, IT HAS A PICTURE OF HAPPY PILGRIMS SITTING A PICKNICK BENCH WITH HAPPY INDIANS, EATING TURKEY AND CORN ON THE COB WITH BIG SMILES ON THERE FACES. EVEN THE TURKEY IS SITTING AT THE TABLE WITH THEM SMILING.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS ISNT BASED ON FACTUAL EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

A movie quote, and one that is fairly stupid.

The book "Malcom X," is very insightul.

The movie is terrible.

And remember that the African blacks were involved in the slave trade, which was and is, descpicable.

There is nothing more stupid that people using movie quotes in historical discussions.

IML Gear Cream!
bones33 said:

you can take it like this: the black man didnt come(land) here(Plymouth Rock). the white man went (landed) in africa and took slaves and brought them back home(Plymouth rock).

They didnt have a choice, follow?

^ The quote is understood, but it's still a movie quote and it's stupid.

bones33 said:
It's an excuse to do nothing useful or take self-responsibility. It means that, "Life isn't fair, so I'll blame anyone but myself."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0901/p16s01-wogi.html

Slavery is not dead, just less recognizable.

Today, 27 million people are enslaved, more than at the height of the transatlantic slave trade.

By Susan Llewelyn Leach | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

Slaves are cheap these days. Their price is the lowest it's been in about 4,000 years. And right now the world has a glut of human slaves - 27 million by conservative estimates and more than at any time in human history.

DOMS said:
It's an excuse to do nothing useful or take self-responsibility. It means that, "Life isn't fair, so I'll blame anyone but myself."
:clapping:

Little Wing said:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0901/p16s01-wogi.html

Slavery is not dead, just less recognizable.

Today, 27 million people are enslaved, more than at the height of the transatlantic slave trade.

By Susan Llewelyn Leach | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

Slaves are cheap these days. Their price is the lowest it's been in about 4,000 years. And right now the world has a glut of human slaves - 27 million by conservative estimates and more than at any time in human history.
I would love to see some real facts on this, I have read things like this many times but have yet to see any real proof that slavery is anything more than a rarity in todays world..

We are all slaves

Little Wing said:

Between 1993 and 1996, the Paoletti family, headed by Adriana Paoletti Lemus, smuggled 100 deaf-mute Mexicans to New York City, where they were forced to sell trinkets on New York's streets and subways. The workers handed people keychains with tags reading "$1. I am deaf." The Paoletti family, most of whom were also deaf, made over $1 million from the operation. The workers were housed in Queens, 10 people sharing a room. Those who did not meet the $600-a-week quota and those who tried to escape were shocked with a stun gun. The operation was discovered after several of the workers reported their situation to the police. Lemus and 19 others were charged. Lemus eventually pled guilty and was sentenced to 14 years in prison and ordered to pay $1 million to her victims.

I saw them all the time and I never knew. :(

that pic is scary

What about the hamptons gardening slave ring??

Mr_Snafu said:
And remember that the African blacks were involved in the slave trade, which was and is, descpicable. QUOTE]

....Profound.

MODERN SLAVERY: A GLOBAL PROBLEM
_39992552_world_slavery3_map416.gif

(Slavery is a problem around the world and very difficult to measure. The following examples are listed in geographical order and not in terms of the magnitude of the problem.)
1. US: An estimated 20,000 people are trafficked into the US annually - many are forced into prostitution.
2. Dominican Republic: Campaigners say hundreds of thousands of Haitians are rounded up near the border and made to work on Dominican sugar plantations.
3. Brazil: Up to 25,000 people are said to be working as slave labourers - most of them clearing Amazonian forests.
4. Mauritania: Despite its abolition in 1981, chattel slavery is still strong - up to 1m people are allegedly held as "inheritable property".
5. Sudan: Campaigners say northern militias continue to take women and children in slave raids in the south.
6. Europe: Tens of thousands of women and girls are cheated, abducted and forced into prostitution right across Europe.
7. UAE: Every year hundreds of boys are reportedly trafficked from South Asia to the UAE and other Gulf states to race camels.
8. Pakistan: Men, women and children are bonded into forced labour in agriculture and industry, campaigners say.
9. Burma: Forced labour is reportedly used on a growing number infrastructure projects.
10. Thailand: Thousands of girls are sex slaves for tourists. (Sources: ILO, American

The Monkey Man said:
MODERN SLAVERY: 1. US: An estimated 20,000 people are trafficked into the US annually - many are forced into prostitution.
Yet another good reason to lock down the borders.

Back