• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

sweet potatoes again

sicko

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Heya people,
I have done some research, anyway I would like to place the subject once again.

I was never a potato eater guy but I try to replace some of my carbs.

I usually eat for morning porridge+egg whites and post workout porridge +egg whites again.

Could I have the sweet potato + chicken post workout out?
No i dont take any shakes malto dextro etc. I do not want the insulin spike.
Also , I do not eat sugar at all but I really tasted the sugar when I ate the Sweet Potatoe(didnt add anything). Isnt that sugar that bad? Im maintaining

I think you should at least take some whey post workout

well....
I used to add too much protein in my diet when I had low carbs...
I carb cycle

It works well....

I try to minimize my protein during 7 am to - 3pm ...then the meals are protein+fat+veggies.......
although from 7 am to 3 pm i eat oats , barley etc with very small amount of chicken and egg whites ....

anyway, my question is for sweet potato which is an introduction to me :)
i mean...i can taste the sugar.....in white potato i cannot taste the sugar although the GI is much much higher.....

Sweet potatoes have a pretty low GI im sure

And theres really no reason you couldnt have one postworkout, at least that i can think of

sicko said:
Could I have the sweet potato + chicken post workout out?
I wouldn't do it. Doing really low GI PWO is far from ideal....

What about sweet potato and chicken PRE workout and then at least have something like regular white potato and egg-whites PWO?

No i dont take any shakes malto dextro etc. I do not want the insulin spike.
You do not have to do malto... But what about some skim milk? Banana? Whey?

Also , I do not eat sugar at all but I really tasted the sugar when I ate the Sweet Potatoe(didnt add anything). Isnt that sugar that bad? Im maintaining
Yes - sweet potato is high in sugar... But if you are eating vegetables then you are eating sugar too. ;)

So why is it you think that these sugars in your diet are such a bad thing that need to be avoided?

why not substitute the sweet potato/whey for white potato and not eat the skins after a workout and then about an hour later eat the sweet potatoes...am I missing something?

it s a SIN not to eat the skin :)

juggernaut said:
yeah but the fiber interferes with digestion of the carbs when doing postworkout

yah but i am not seeking for insulin spike for post workout. Else I would take dex/maltose :blah:

IML Gear Cream!
maintaining

sicko said:
yah but i am not seeking for insulin spike for post workout. Else I would take dex/maltose :blah:
You don't need dex/malto to spike insulin - it is no more effective than other less 'spikey' substances..

But I am interested as to why are you so against higher GI PWO (ps: high GI doesn't always correlate with insulin. ;) )??

lol man

just didnt find any difference with the high gi except appetite swings which I did not like....

well whatever :) i could go with white rice and some like....er..........dunno...chicken?.......rice absorbs fast....chicken is not....
Oats+eggs fine...
White rice+eggs.......bah.
damn :)

Emma-Leigh said:
What about white rice, milk and whey? You could make yourself a rice pudding?

Yup, that's the good stuff!

I use it for my PWO meal, plus or minus the milk, non-fat of course. ;)

IML Gear Cream!
Emma-Leigh said:
White rice and egg-whites would be fine.

What about white rice, milk and whey? You could make yourself a rice pudding?

I need a recipe :D

thajeepster said:
I need a recipe :D
LOL - I knew it would be you who would ask! :p

The best one I have found is on www.johnberardi.com. Specifically, This page. He uses basmati rice - but you could easily substitute in white for PWO.

Rice Pudding
Here's a tasty little treat that is also well suited for that second jolt of fast-acting carbs and protein after your PWO shake. Or you can split it up for a couple of desserts following P+C meals. It???s a great choice to follow the Dal Masala recipe listed above.

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked basmati rice. The quality, fragrance, and taste of basmati are far superior to any other rice I've ever had. Sure the GI is higher than brown rice, but in this case the taste just doesn???t compare. That???s why I like to eat it as one of the post workout meals. Prepare the basmati rice in bulk by adding a cup of rinsed rice to 1.75 cups boiling water, cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
2 cups skim milk
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (try to find a brand that doesn???t taste like powdered chicken feet, and depending on the brand, you might add some Splenda to get the desired sweetness).
2 tablespoons sugar-free instant Jell-O vanilla pudding

Instructions:
On medium-low heat, simmer the cooked rice in milk for 20 minutes or so, until rice bulks-up, cover and cool for a few minutes, then add the protein powder (and Splenda if necessary), and a dash of salt, stir, cover and put in fridge until it cools. Add Jell-O mix to cooled mixture, whip, and you're all set.

Macronutrient Profile:
K/cal: 478
Fat: 4 g (2s, 1m, 1p)
Carbs: 63g (2 fiber)
Protein: 47 g

Enjoy! :nanner:

Back