• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Myostatin gene

IML Gear Cream!
Honestly, the research is all to new to make a judgement on it. There are so many unanswered questions thus far. I am going to make myself a guinea pig on it soon and carefully track results.

Be sure to let us know then.

Is the stuff expensive? I imagine it will be.

Also, how long are you "recommended" to use it for? And what's the "policy" if you will - ie when is it supposed to be taken, and how often etc...

If it actually does work it sounds like a person taking it could be in danger of getting an enlarged heart. All the extra muscle I would ever want wouldn't make me risk that.

I thought that at first too. Does the myostatin gene actually control the size of the heart though?

What i mean is, is the myostatin gene responsible for involuntary muscle tissue, voluntary muscle tisse and cardiac muscle tissue?

I do not believe that the myostatin gene is responsible for anything but skeletal muscle...but all these questions are good ones.

As far as protocol goes, the correct dosage should be taken 4 times per day. As far as cycle length, it seems as if 8 weeks is what is recommended...but it is still too new for anyone to really know.

Price is high right now, but so many companies are jumping on the bandwagon, I'm sure it will come down soon...unless of course it turns out to be something special...we'll see.

Go to the source for answers.

:thumb: Hey Guys, I wrote to Johns-Hopkins University when I first heard about this new stuff on the market.
They have a neat Website.
The answer to your question: There are NO myostatin inhibitors yet. The very University which performed the research to find the effects of myostatin should know. I was asked to provide the University with the Websites of these fraudulent companies; as a law suit for use of the Johns-Hopkins name in their ads would get them in serious trouble.
The research is too new at this time. There is no way any other company could have the data pertaining to the University test results. They are selling placebo with big lies surrounding it.
Be Warned: Even if myostatin inhibitors do come about, they will be at least a schedule three controlled medication. Except through the black market, nobody will have access to them.
As with anabolic steroids they will be particularly off limits to atheletes. Owning them will be a felony, without a prescription, just as with steriods.:thumb:

One point to make about this product is that it is just a receptor blocker. Your not altering the gene. Many medications on the market today are receptor blockers ie. Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker for Hypertention. New receptors form all the time. So, as I see it, an 8 week cycle just wouldn't cut it over the long term since there would be new receptors that would be unblocked and the longer you off the supplement the more of the receptors as a % would be unblocked. Unless, of course, your just looking to gain a certain amout of muscle and get off the stuff. Another thing to find out is how long does the supplement block the receptor, if it acts like other pharmaceuticals, it could only block it for a limited time, like 24 hrs, hence QD Dosing. If your taking it 4 times a day, I would think that it only blocks it for 6 hrs at a dose. My other question would surround the cardiac issue. The heart is like any other muscle in the body which has receptors, would this product cause hypertrophy in the heart which is irreversible. I don't see how the product could differentiate between skeletal and cardiac musle.

Just some rambling thoughts but I thought the information could be useful for some people making educated decisions.

Good points bull.

I've been wondering exactly how much even the dampened myostatin gene expression can have on mature muscles; most of the research involved in vitro gene alteration, not receptor blockers, and I'm not convinced it can have that big an effect.

I am NOT saying Myostim is responsible for this yet...but just to let you know...I am up 4lbs since I started 3 weeks ago, with NO other alterations in diet, rest or training. I'll keep you posted.

Remember that studies and theories are great, but real world proof is what counts my friends!

An idea comes to mind.

Hey, we could all become rich off of the same type of lies and B.S.
provided by these fraudulent companies. Take some new research and a lot of capsules of talcum powder and be a millionaire over night.
These companies know that many bodybuilders are driven, as they should be, to increase muscle size. They are making money
off of us as a result. By the time this "Myostat" proves phony
on the street, the manufacturer will have made a bundle.
Any of you can do this same thing. You know about the drive that
we all have to get bigger. With the knowledge of biochemistry and some physiology we could all invent trash and sell millions of dollars worth before it is found to be crap. Are you not willing to
screw over your fellow comrads in the gym? Come on now, they will not know the difference untill we are filthy rich.
These companies do not give a rat's ass about you guys, only your willingness to spend money on what you think may work.
Talcum powder and my knowledge of the medical sciences could make me millions.
No, I will not do that, but it seems that we do fall for their lies
far money too often.
Tell you what, when "Myostat" proves to be worthless, as the
manufacturer knows that it is, let's sue the dishonest creatures
who fooled us. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

IML Gear Cream!
Re: An idea comes to mind.

Originally posted by Scotophile
Hey, we could all become rich off of the same type of lies and B.S.
provided by these fraudulent companies. Take some new research and a lot of capsules of talcum powder and be a millionaire over night.
These companies know that many bodybuilders are driven, as they should be, to increase muscle size. They are making money
off of us as a result. By the time this "Myostat" proves phony
on the street, the manufacturer will have made a bundle.
Any of you can do this same thing. You know about the drive that
we all have to get bigger. With the knowledge of biochemistry and some physiology we could all invent trash and sell millions of dollars worth before it is found to be crap. Are you not willing to
screw over your fellow comrads in the gym? Come on now, they will not know the difference untill we are filthy rich.
These companies do not give a rat's ass about you guys, only your willingness to spend money on what you think may work.
Talcum powder and my knowledge of the medical sciences could make me millions.
No, I will not do that, but it seems that we do fall for their lies
far money too often.
Tell you what, when "Myostat" proves to be worthless, as the
manufacturer knows that it is, let's sue the dishonest creatures
who fooled us. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes, there are some bullshit companies out there, but your view is very negative. You have no clue whether Myostatin binders work, and also that many companies want to put out supps that work. Yes, everyone wants to make money, but some companies are honest and really pay attention to real research and try to produce products that provide results.

No honest company would lie like that.

Check out the information, which I wrote, a few responses up from here. I contacted Johns-Hopkins University. No, there is no such potential. J-H U. will find the drug and sell the patent. None have yet been made, myostatin receptor blockers are a future thing.
I have been at this too long. I am a medical professional myself.
I see the silly scams out there. There are no muscle building substances, over the counter, just placebos with big claims to steal your money. Don't believe me? Try any and all of them,
waste as much money as you dare. Afterward, we will resume this conversation. Thanx.

Here are some over the counter muscle building substances...

-1-AD
-1-ethertest
-4-AD
-creatine
-glutamine
-bulgarian tribulis
-phosphatidylserine

I have tested all with measurable results...

As for John Hopkins...why would they ever say someone beat then to it on myostatin binders? They wouldn't. Even so, they are creating a drug, not a natural alternative which would be only a fraction as effective. I am not saying that these sea vegetable products are effective as of yet, but you cannot deny that there are natural substances out there that rival many drugs or at least show some properties of drugs...

-white willow bark...aspirin
-ephedra...ephedrine
-guarana...caffeine

as examples...

Both view points have merit

Gopro and Scotophile you both have convincing and viable points of view.
Supplements that are proven to be overwhelmingly effective are often classified as restricted, case in point the androgens.

Re: Both view points have merit

Originally posted by BigAL
Gopro and Scotophile you both have convincing and viable points of view.
Supplements that are proven to be overwhelmingly effective are often classified as restricted, case in point the androgens.

True, but the products I mentioned are all effective and all readily available at this time.

Gopro,
What is 1-AD , ethertest, & 4-AD ? What do they do & where can a person get them at. ! Are they legal in natural bodybuilding ?

I have to disagree with scotophile. I have tried some of these new 1-test products, and they have worked wonders for me! Now if you don't want to belive, that's fine, but don't try to talk someone out of trying them when you don't know what you're talking about! I am sure there are some bogus products out there, but there are also some great ones!

GG........1-ad is made by ergopharm. The ether is in Syntrax sauce...it is a new type of delivery system. These are the ones I have tried. The new 1-test gels are supposedly better because of the absorption. I think you would be happy with any of them!

dg806...thanks for answering GGs question...!

GG, these can be bought on any online supplement site, and at some health food stores. 1-AD by Ergopharm and by Supertech are the best two of these. 4-AD is put out by SAN in the best form. As for 1-Test, there are several good ones...Syntrax Sauce, SAN T-100, VPX 1-Test, Biotest Mag -10, and a new good one from Molecular Nutrition...gel caps in base of oil.

AS for natty competition...you have to check the banned list of the org you compete with. However, I think you are an INBFer, like me, and they are all banned.

didn't mean to answer for you...sorry! (my brain doesn't work sometime)

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by gopro

AS for natty competition...you have to check the banned list of the org you compete with. However, I think you are an INBFer, like me, and they are all banned.

GP....if you did take these and wanted to compete, how long would it take to get out of your system??

Originally posted by dg806
didn't mean to answer for you...sorry! (my brain doesn't work sometime)

No, no , my friend...I was really thanking you! Sometimes I miss some questions or don't have time to get to them, so when someone like you can step in and help me out, I'm appreciative :thumb:

Originally posted by dg806

GP....if you did take these and wanted to compete, how long would it take to get out of your system??

I would say about a month or so. The 19-nor's may take longer as they are similar to Deca...a steroid that can stay in your system for up to 9 months after stoppage!

I just wonder how they afford all the drug test? Do they test?

Let's look at what is really functional.

You guys have some good points. Lately, I have looked into some
powerlifting websights and even subscribed to a powerlifting magazine. In the magazine: "Powermag" ,for example, you find no
theoretical hogwash. No advertisers of much of the junk that bodybuilding magazines have.
This is likely due to the functional nature of powerlifting. Bullshit does not sell. If it does not work it would quickly be exposed as
trash in such publications.
Besides clothes and lifting gear the only supplements which are advertised in powerlifting magazines are L-Glutamine, Creatine, and protein suppliments. These three items have a proven history of results. Yea, caffiene and effedra are also advertised
but these are not actually suppliments but are stimulants.
Many bodybuilding supplement ads are based on theory and congecture and no real evidence.
Maybe we should consider the powerlifting side of the weight training coin for a reality check regarding supplements.
If the supplements are considered mere foolishness to
powerlifters; then they are likely
worthless.

gopro what have you found?

This "Test-1" on the market, is it real? You are a trainer, you know that I have very good reason to be skeptical of any over the counter products. Without critics, and people who question
"authority" we would all be very similar minded. I see no evidence of double blind randomized trials, so I have trouble with
trusting any manufacturer that is not FDA/DEA approved.
So, what of the stuff called "Test-1"?

I'm guessing that the powerlifting mags don't have most of these adds not due to disliking the products, but because they don't probably have the size in community or magazine. Probably more content based than the ad-laden BB mags.

Re: gopro what have you found?

Originally posted by Scotophile
This "Test-1" on the market, is it real? You are a trainer, you know that I have very good reason to be skeptical of any over the counter products. Without critics, and people who question
"authority" we would all be very similar minded. I see no evidence of double blind randomized trials, so I have trouble with
trusting any manufacturer that is not FDA/DEA approved.
So, what of the stuff called "Test-1"?

The 1-test products on the market now are probably as close to steriods as you can get right now! The reason why they are not FDA approved is they want to ban all products of this type that are precursors to steriods. What is double blind randomized trials?? As to the question of being real, they are not steriods. They are a different chemical compound. Close as you can get right now!

BUMP

Does anyone know if myostatin blockers are out on the market?

In particular this sea creature derived one?

There does not seem to be any definative conclusion to this post

x
x
x

T

Back