• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bench is high compard to squat/deadlift

dontsurfonmytur

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Started a new thread for this, bench is kinda high compard to squats/deadlifts
critique my routine please
Ok, here is my routine

Sunday - Chest/tris/abs
Decline bb press - 1set/10reps, 1set/6reps, 1set/2-4 reps
Incline bb press - 1set/8-10reps, 1set/ 4-6 reps, 1set/2-4 reps
Db pullovers - 3 sets of 6-10
Cable crossovers - 4 sets of 5-10 (varying on weight)

dips/weighted dips - 3 sets

Monday- Back/bis/forearms
Wide grip/over grip pullups - 4 sets/max reps
Close grip/under grip chinups - 4 sets/max reps
Pullover machine - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Seated rows - 3 sets/ 4-10 reps
Bent over BB rows - 3 sets/ 4-10 reps
Deadlifts - 4-5 sets/4-8 reps

incline DB curls - 3 sets/4-8 reps

Tuesday - Legs/abs
Squats - 5 sets/4-10 reps
Leg press - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Lunges - 4 sets/6-10 reps
Leg extensions - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Abductors machine (inner thighs) - 4 sets/ 4-10 reps
Standing calf raises - 5 sets/ 6-10 reps

Wednesday - Shoulders/traps
seated Arnold presses - 3 sets/ 4-8 reps
Military press - 3 sets/4-8 reps
Seated lateral raises - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Seated bent-over db laterals - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Upright rows - 4 sets/4-8 reps
DB shrugs - 4 sets/8-15 reps

Thursday - HIIT/abs/forearms

you should be balancing between quad and hip dominant movements. As it is you have no hip dominant movemnts (things like deadlifts).

also, look at the rep ranges you are using for bench press and the ones you are using. You are training your bench press with greater intensity (working up to 95%).

Stop training body parts. Train movements and try and add more frequency to your lower body training.

so you think i should do a push/pull, or something like that?
Because this guy I talk to sometimes at Nutrisport (place i get my supps), he led me to believe that working a bodypart a day will help that body part recover faster, leading to better muscle growth. and won't I be hitting certain body parts more than 2 or 3 times, by doing push/pull? (for instance by Bi's)

BTW, thursday used to be a ARMS day, before I believed that i was overworking my bis , or both my bis and tris.

yea. the guy at nutrisport probably sold you a whole bunch of shitty supplements too.

As of this moment, Im not necessarily 'cutting', I don't really belive in bulking/cutting just because I was always a fatty and I dont want to get fat again and there are lotta people say that cutting will make ur muscles go away, and some say muscles dont go away.
But right now i want to shed body fat so my abs pop out. I was at 11% last time I checked,(im 99% sure its lower by now) but i still hold a lot in my midrange.

In my opinion, my diet is pretty clean, and last thrusday was my first day of going from ARMS to HiiT.

dontsurfonmytur said:
As of this moment, Im not necessarily 'cutting', I don't really belive in bulking/cutting just because I was always a fatty and I dont want to get fat again and there are lotta people say that cutting will make ur muscles go away, and some say muscles dont go away.
But right now i want to shed body fat so my abs pop out. I was at 11% last time I checked,(im 99% sure its lower by now) but i still hold a lot in my midrange.

In my opinion, my diet is pretty clean, and last thrusday was my first day of going from ARMS to HiiT.

well shedding bf is mainly diet :D ..whats ur training goals? gettin bigger, more strength?

p-funk, im very careful with buying supps (not too rich)
The guys at nutrisport always suggest getting bio- things. I don't think its been aroudn too long and it seems they always awnt to sell bio- stuff.
I do think they (3 total guys there i've seen) the 2 out of 3 guys used to compete and theyre both huge. So I think they know what theyre talking about, excpet I wouldnt buy the bio stuff. and it gives me a chance to talk in person about people who tried diff suppps and stuff, its just sometiems they talk for 2 hours and i can't get out of the store.

whats ur training goals? strength,mass or what? like i said sheddin bf is mainly diet

dontsurfonmytur said:
p-funk, im very careful with buying supps (not too rich)
The guys at nutrisport always suggest getting bio- things. I don't think its been aroudn too long and it seems they always awnt to sell bio- stuff.
I do think they (3 total guys there i've seen) the 2 out of 3 guys used to compete and theyre both huge. So I think they know what theyre talking about, excpet I wouldnt buy the bio stuff. and it gives me a chance to talk in person about people who tried diff suppps and stuff, its just sometiems they talk for 2 hours and i can't get out of the store.

just because they are huge doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. They could have amazing genetics or be on gear.

what kind of supplements did you buy?

IML Gear Cream!
I definitely wanna get a little bigger, im only 16 so I dont expect dramatic differnece in size. So for sure I want to get bigger and stronger

I have only bought creatine mono(didnt work for me) several differnet protein shakes, but now im on ON 100% whey, L-glutamine, and gona start Labrada Supercharge today. (this wasnt recommended by them, i just wanted to try a NO supplement for pumps/gains)

dontsurfonmytur said:
I have only bought creatine mono(didnt work for me) several differnet protein shakes, but now im on ON 100% whey, L-glutamine, and gona start Labrada Supercharge today. (this wasnt recommended by them, i just wanted to try a NO supplement for pumps/gains)

at 16yrs old focus on eating big and learning proper lifting technique. No need for the labrada supershit.

dontsurfonmytur said:
Started a new thread for this, bench is kinda high compard to squats/deadlifts
critique my routine please
Ok, here is my routine

Sunday - Chest/tris/abs
decline press 4x6-8 reps
incline press 4x6-8reps
chest fly's 2-3x8reps

dips/weighted dips - 3x6-8 rpes
skullcrushers 3x6-8reps

Monday- Back/bis/forearms
Deadlifts - 4x 3-5reps
Bent over BB rows - 4x6reps
Seated rows -3x8reps

bb curls 3x8reps
incline DB curls - 3x6-8reps

Tuesday - Legs/abs
Squats - 5 sets/4-10 reps
Leg press - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Lunges - 3sets/6-10 reps
Leg extensions - 3 sets/4-10 reps
Standing calf raises - 5 sets/ 6-10 reps

Wednesday - Shoulders/traps
Military press - 4x 6-8reps
Seated lateral raises - 3x8reps
shoulder shrugs 4x6-8reps

Thursday - HIIT/abs/forearms
:thumb: :D :thumb:

What about some direct lat workouts? and i can't stand BB curls because I can't do it how I want to (heavy, hand placement) because wrist hurts.
And I never liked flys, i prefer crossovers

lat-puldowns or wg overhand pullups or w/e they r..pick one...then do the crossovers (2-3sets of crossovers) (3 sets of the pullups) 6-8 rpes on both

ur wrist hurts? dont worry mine does that too hers what u do :) do a set stop pop ur wrist then keep going :) thats what i do or if u dont wanna do that do ez bar curls

Some of it is probably that you beat the shit out of your triceps and anterior delts, while your hamstrings and glutes don't get reamed well enough. Get more hamstring dominant movements on leg day like P said.

Also, I would insert rest days in there somewhere.

Which is more important to you, strength or mass?

I'd have to go with mass, im not participating in any sports right now, so mass and cut-ness.

heres a plan eat,eat,eat,train,eat,eat,sleep..repeat :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
dontsurfonmytur said:
I'd have to go with mass, im not participating in any sports right now, so mass and cut-ness.

Okay, and what are your actual numbers for the bench, squat, and dead?

Bench - 215
Deadlift - 205
Squat - Never maxed but I think it shoudl be around 225

What are some hamstring dominant movements i can add on leg day?

dontsurfonmytur said:
Because this guy I talk to sometimes at Nutrisport (place i get my supps), he led me to believe that working a bodypart a day will help that body part recover faster, leading to better muscle growth. and won't I be hitting certain body parts more than 2 or 3 times, by doing push/pull? (for instance by Bi's)

Quite honestly, I don't do a single exercise that doesn't work my back... hard.

dontsurfonmytur said:
Bench - 215
Deadlift - 205
Squat - Never maxed but I think it shoudl be around 225

What are some hamstring dominant movements i can add on leg day?

SLDLs and GMs are great for the hamstrings. Of course, there are others, but those two are my favorites.

Back