• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Results after my first month of bulking. Critique please

NX5.0

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I started Jan 20th and it's been one month.
I'm about 5ft 11in to 6ft tall and weighed 124lbs on jan 20th.
After exactly one month (today) I weigh 136lbs. That is 12 lbs in my first month. I remeber the first week I put on 5 lbs(mostly water weight?) and then the gains slowed to about 2-3lbs per week.

I have increased 1in on my arms.
1/2in on my forearms.
1in on my chest.
1in on my legs.
My calves stayed the same
and I put on 1 1/2 on my waist. Still can see my abs but not as much lol.

As far as strength gains...I gotten stronger on all my muscles especially my legs and make progress every week.

My routine is...
MON-rest
TUES-biceps,traps,forearms
WED-rest
THUR-Legs and back
FRI-rest
SAT-chest,triceps,shoulders
SUN-rest

3 sets per excercise and rep range from 4-10.
I used strict form with a 1/0/2 tempo.

Now for my DIET..
Mon-FRI

7am-1/2 cup of oats and 1 scoop of whey with 2%milk

11am-1 side of lean meat,2 sides of vegies,1 slice of bread and 1 cup of milk.

2pm-lean turkey meat with bread or 1 can of tuna with macaroni and cheese.

5pm-Either a pieace of steak or chicken with macaroni,vegitables,bread and 1 cup of milk.

8pm-peanutbutter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk.

10pm-1 scoop of whey with 2% milk and 2 tbs of peanutbutter.

Sleep for 8-9 hours.

ON SAT and Sun my diest looks like...
7am-1 scoop of whey and 1/2 cup of oats.
Go back to sleep wake at 10am and have 3 eggs,2 slices of toast,can chicken and a glass of milk.

1pm-cottage cheese with fruits like berries,bannanas etc...

5pm-Either a pieace of steak or chicken with macaroni,vegetables,bread and 1 cup of milk.

8pm-tuna sandwich

10pm-scoop of whey and peanutbutter.

Have a long good night of sleep.

Also for my fats I get it from nuts,oliveoil,avocado etc... which is eaten every day.

I also nap 30min to 1 hour every day.

And if you are wondering what my BF% is.Sadly I didn't get it checked so I don't know.

Also I don't use any supplements except whey.

What do you think about my routine,diet and my progress?
I know I gained some fat but I'm hoping most was muscle.
Am I gaining too fast?

Sounds like you are just getting fat....1 1/2 of fat on the waist in 31 days is scary.

NX5.0 said:
What do you think about my routine,diet and my progress?
I know I gained some fat but I'm hoping most was muscle.
Am I gaining too fast?
i gotta agree with Foreman. 12lbs in one month is a lot and most of it is not gonna be muscle. yes, you're gaining too fast and both you're diet and training could be set up better.

What should I do then?
I read all this eat eat eat to build muscle.
Should I cut back on the food?
I didn't think I was eating that much food.

how many calories is that currently?

NX5.0 said:
It's about 2500 calories.
i'd drop it to around 2348 (your BWx18) and see if you're still gaining. the mac and cheese isn't your best carb choice. what kind of bread?

ST240 said:
Thats it?? God i consume 4000+ and i can barely put any on...
everyone is different.

The13ig13adWolf said:
i'd drop it to around 2348 (your BWx18) and see if you're still gaining. the mac and cheese isn't your best carb choice. what kind of bread?

The bread I eat is usually wheat but sometimes white.

Since most of that weight was fat like you all said now I want to get rid of it.
Should I do some cardio and maybe cut back my calories to 2,000 a day?
I don't want to gain weight if most is going to be fat and I don't want to keep the fat on that I gained this past month.

If i can gain that much weight on a 2500 calorie diet then I don't think it would take much to gain 1-2 pounds of week that is why I'm considering a 2,000 calorie diet.

1-2 pounds a week is what I should be wanting correct?

IML Gear Cream!
NX5.0 said:
The bread I eat is usually wheat but sometimes white.

Since most of that weight was fat like you all said now I want to get rid of it.
Should I do some cardio and maybe cut back my calories to 2,000 a day?
I don't want to gain weight if most is going to be fat and I don't want to keep the fat on that I gained this past month.

If i can gain that much weight on a 2500 calorie diet then I don't think it would take much to gain 1-2 pounds of week that is why I'm considering a 2,000 calorie diet.

1-2 pounds a week is what I should be wanting correct?
well, gaining fat comes with bulking territory. i don't care what anyone says, it is difficult to put on lean muscle mass. calories are not all created equal so ya still gotta watch what you're putting in your mouth. why would you want to cut back to 2000 calories per day? you started on a bulk, go ahead and continue on your bulk but lower your calories a tad. 2000 calories for you would be right about at maintenance. no point in doing that right now. finish your bulk and then switch to a cutting afterwards IMO. 1-2 pounds a week is good.

check the additional indredients in your bread. especially the white.

Can I keep my current diet and cut back a few hundred calories by putting less or no peanutbutter in my protein shake at night?

OR instead of my 8pm meal of a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk I could have something like a bannana and fruit with a glass of milk.
or have a bowl of cereal.

What do you think?

I'm going to try and gain 5 lbs per month. Is it possible to gain that kind of weight a month and shed off some fat from my waist.Maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch a month.I mean I put on 1 1/2 inch on my waist in 1 month so by cutting back a little on my calories and having a much cleaner bulk I figured this may be possible. What do you think?
The fact that I put on 1 1/2 inch on my waist in one month is starting to get to me now.

Also,before I was resting 2-3 minutes between sets.Just a few days ago I tried 1-2 minutes and I sweated more,had my heart rate up higher and felt like I had a much better workout.Maybe this can help out for not gaining as much fat during my bulk and possibly help with losing a little fat around my waist.

Well, what do you think? Can I do it?

Back