• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

my bench press

unblessed

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
at school they have the typical bench, 45lb bar. At my house the bench appers to be the same except of course i have a 10lb bar. now at school my 1rm is 185lbs and at home its about 140. and reps are much harder. can anyone give me some reason for this

unblessed said:
at school they have the typical bench, 45lb bar. At my house the bench appers to be the same except of course i have a 10lb bar. now at school my 1rm is 185lbs and at home its about 140. and reps are much harder. can anyone give me some reason for this

heighted sense of arousal to be lifting in front of people. Your CNS re-acts to the environment and you perform on a higher level.

Monster Mayhem said:
What the hell kinda barbell weighs 10lbs?

probably one of the ones that comes with the sand filled weights.

not every bar is an olympic bar.

Cheap equipment.

oh i c what your saying. Yeah im the kinda person that when i lift bymyself forsome reason i dont preform aswell as when im surrounded by my peers. That goes for any sport though, i preform better when others are watching, u bring it to the next level cuz u dont want to look like a chump.

I always seem to do better alone. Obviously it's an individual thing though, and I'm not really sure if I have enough experience around others to say this with certainty. I'd definitely agree with P-Funk though - lifting around others can easily put you at a higher energy/performance level.

it depends in the enviroment and stuff..if ur in front of a shitload of ppl and dont wanna look like a bitch u would prolly get that weight up ..but by urself and stuff u dont have as much pressure on you and stuff or it can be the bar grip and stuff

I agree 100x with if ur surrounded by people u lift more. Personally it happens to me. I remember about 3 months ago i was in my weight training class and hese guys were trying to act tuff and put on a whole bunch of weight. Then they were like you go try it. I was like damn. im gunna look like a pu***. I was able to do it twice with no problem. I tried it a couple weeks later by myself and i couldnt do it..... i have a 16lb barbell at my house.

IML Gear Cream!
In HS I had a cheap set and because the bench was so crappy it made me unstable and took many lbs off my lift. Bench height too, look at that. It's mostly likely what P said though, get some good tunes and smash your forehead on the bar and make the lift you pussy!

Back