• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fighting

Diablo1990

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there anyway to train yourself to make your bones for example your knuckes harder and stronger?

My old MMA teacher used to soak his knuckles in vinegar. crazy stuff. i guess it worked by killing his nerves.

Ghey. Just learn how to fight and be able to fight standing, do takedowns, and know ground fighting.

punch yourself in the head and when you think you can take a hit let me know so i can hit u and show u that you are still a bitch stupid question!

True Story, how pathetic is that... :no:

Diablo1990 said:
Is there anyway to train yourself to make your bones for example your knuckes harder and stronger?

I used to do Knuckle push ups when I was younger to help deaden the nerves and be able to take more punishment in my hands...I've injured my hands before and it sucks, takes mad long to heal, but once they've healed they feel stronger.

masturbate to get stronger. :p

Well...Damn......We should all be freakin huge....

I dont know what it is called, but there is a particular martial arts style that deals with bone thickening and strengthing, but I would imagine that it would take a long time to get to that point. There again, putting loads on bones helps them grow, but too much will still cause them to break. Good luck!

i've seen martial arts people smacking the back of there hands into buckets of water with ice floating on top - try that lol.

IML Gear Cream!
shit, I should start doing some martial arts too.. i need to get stronger. I get into fights a lot in school.

I remember reading that Ancient practicioners of martial arts would soak stones in milk then lightly stike the stones with their punching knucles. Over time this would condition the knucles to be harder and tougher.

I dont know about the stones in milk, but Im pretty sure the idea would stand for any hard surface you decided to regularly practice this technique on...a sand bag maybe.

Last edited:
Various forms of knuckle pushups and bagwork over time will help.

I would think any time you subject your bones to impact they would adapt by becoming stronger. I saw a documentary a long time ago on some martial arts style practiced by monks where they would headbutt each other repeatedly to strengthen their skulls.

I don't want to break my knuckles..

DiGiTaL said:
shit, I should start doing some martial arts too.. i need to get stronger. I get into fights a lot in school.

First off, you don't take a martial art to get good at fightining at school.

Now if it's self defense, that is a different story.

Secondly, it takes at least 2-3 years to get decent. And might I recommend Brazilian Jiu Jits.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is all about ground grappling isnt it? doubt it would be much use in a standard fight...maybe in the ufc!

A friend of mine kept a tray filled with sand and punched it daily, he said it made it rough.

my brain just exploded

IML Gear Cream!
Just crack your knuckles they will get bigger but you can also
develope arthritis. I don't know where pepople are getting there information
but you can't make your bones bigger.

wetnwild said:
Just crack your knuckles they will get bigger but you can also
develope arthritis. I don't know where pepople are getting there information
but you can't make your bones bigger.

You will not develop arthritis from cracking your knuckles, or should I say there is no reliable information to prove that. It can, however, weaken your grip strength over very long periods of time.

Yes, you can make bones bigger, and you can increase mineral density within the bone. It's called bone remodeling. Bones will actually change shape to deal with the stressors placed on them. Interstitial growth will take place if sufficient tension or pressure is placed on the bone a la Wolff's law. This isn't to say that you are going to get knuckles the length of Wolverine's claws, but you can certainly make them a little larger and tougher.

martial arts is a way of life, and an art not competitive in nature at all.
It is about perfection and understanding. it requires a very small ego i think.
However if you are worried about your ability to physically defend yourself, it could not hurt to look into some take down techniques.

All fights pretty much ultimately end up on the ground. Guys who start out wanting to slug each other end up tieing up and grappling. from there someone will gain advantage on the bottom.

and if your worried about being able to hurt a guy with your strikes...on the face aim for the temples, the tip of the nose or under the nose, and jaw.
go for the solar plexus on the body...accuracy helps especially against someone who can over power you.

I'm assuming you are in a position where you will need to defend yourself. Of course there is much more to know about this subject, but these tips can not hurt. I hope your reasons are justified

ExiledX66 said:
However if you are worried about your ability to physically defend yourself, it could not hurt to look into some take down techniques.

All fights pretty much ultimately end up on the ground. Guys who start out wanting to slug each other end up tieing up and grappling. from there someone will gain advantage on the bottom.

and if your worried about being able to hurt a guy with your strikes...on the face aim for the temples, the tip of the nose or under the nose, and jaw.
go for the solar plexus on the body...accuracy helps especially against someone who can over power you.

I'm assuming you are in a position where you will need to defend yourself. Of course there is much more to know about this subject, but these tips can not hurt. I hope your reasons are justified

Good post.
However, I doubt he wanted to know, to defend himself, rather to pick fights
or sound cool

ExiledX66 said:

100% correct, which is why Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a good choice because it addresses ground grappling, and take downs. It even has stand-up.

dont worry about breaking ur knuckles, nothing will hurt in a fight.
just a few hours later they will hurt
i broke my middle knuckle on my right hand and it is bigger/rounder than my left one. but it still hurts just as much.

BigDyl said:
100% correct, which is why Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a good choice because it addresses ground grappling, and take downs. It even has stand-up.
gay x 3,000,000,000

a friend of mine used to well he only did it once ,,he soaked his hands in sulfuric acid to deaden the nerves when he pulled his hands out they were gone,,,,now he has really hard stumps and there deadly weapons

ForemanRules said:
gay x 3,000,000,000

True Story, looks like you and me will be ground grappling really soon. :thumb:

A lot of old school martial artist rap their knuckles on each hand 100 to 200 times a day on hard surfaces. Most begin with wood, eventually your knuckles become to hard you can move to brick ( usually it takes over a year or so ) and finally onto metal. A lot of guys can just rap their knuckes on wood and it'll split.

Back